Little Sliabh Bui
- Sunday 15 March, 2009
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 4 (1,1,2) - Easy Terrain, <200M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Open Trail Series
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Getting There:
- GR T012 572 There will be direction signs from the N11 immediately north of Ferns. Take the Askamore road (L5070) and follow Trail Race signs for approx 5 miles. Parking will be along the righthand side of the road - please consider other road users and leave spaces for cars to pass in both directions.
- Organisers Instructions:
- Part of the Slaney Olympic Open Trail Series arranged by Jane and Graham Porter.
This is a new and fun series of three races for spring 2009 offering running on undulating forest tracks with some panoramic views.
This first race in March is on a forested hill (no name - Little Sliabh Bui?) just west of Sliabh Bui north of Ferns and is a 4 miler with some gentle hills.
Full results here
Contact: 0872286186 (Graham), 0876799490 (Jane)
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize