- Wednesday 25 June, 2008
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 7 (2,2,3) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Only major junctions marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Leinster League
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Route Description:
- Juniors/short course - to point where path spilts just before Brockagh East (as per the lower map on the event page) and back. Insect repellent is highly recommended...
- Getting There:
- From Dublin take the M50 to Kilmacanogue then head off towards Roundwood and continue straight ahead to Laragh. At the Y-junction follow the right fork (don't turn down towards Lynhams and the Visitor's centre), drive past the white restaurant on the right and the petrol station on the right, then take the road up left and move just past the Brockagh Ressource Centre. There's a small car park here at the entrance to the forest leading up the Brockaghs. Note there's limited parking up this road, so you may want to park in Laragh itself and jog up to the start. It is a bit more of a journey for a lot of people to get there, so please allow enough time.
- Organisers Instructions:
- Please note the following points regarding the race at Brockagh: Registration will close at 19:20 sharp. Start is intended for 19:30, we will delay by a few minutes if need be, but definitely underway at 19:40. Parking is very limited in Laragh village, so please - as ever - make every attempt to car-pool (even from Roundwood would be a big help). There is minimal parking at the start, if full please park considerately in the village. Everyone is politely requested NOT to use Lynhams' car park, at least until after the race. They have a function on earlier in the night; it is simply not fair to clog their car park. Registration will be at the entrance to the forest, the same point as where the finish is. Grid ref T 140 968. Start will be a short distance back down the tarmac as previously. The race is predominantly on exposed open mountain - be prepared to dress accordingly in case of bad weather. If you don't arrive in time for registration, you can run informally with the race; please do this, enjoy it, but don't interfere in the race or try to get yourself a result. Note the event page has two maps - only the upper (OS type) map shows the full course, all the way to the summit of Brockagh mountain, 557 m, and back.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Lynhams of Laragh
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize