- Sunday 19 March, 2023
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (2,2,2) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Only major junctions marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Whiskey In The Jar League
- Entry opens:
- 2023-03-12 00:00:00
- Entry closes:
- 2023-03-18 18:00:00
- Entry limit:
- None set
- Entry cost:
- €7 for seniors, €5 for over 65s and under 18s
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- The race begins on Claragh Rd (just opposite the carpark) heading south. After about 800m, take a sharp left onto a narrow road, and after another 600m, take a right turn onto a path going through the forest. This path zig-zags up through the forest, until you go over a stile on your left that exits the forest. You now follow the path keeping the forest to your right, until you go through a gate on to the open mountain. You are now on a narrow path that swings to the right and then takes you to the summit. Turn left at the summit, and head straight back down to intersect the uphill route and then follow your route back to the finish.
Route map for IMRA WSL Claragh Mountain by MMRA Munster on plotaroute.com
Carpark and registration is opposite St. Patrick's Church on the main road going through the town (R582).
OSI grid reference: W 268 902
Under IMRA rules for competitor's safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
This race is open to all IMRA members. There will online pre-registration available on www.imra.ie a week before the event until 18:00 the night before
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Surname||Firstname||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|
|McElroy||Conor||Killarney||Fossa Killarney Rathmore||11:45:00||3||0|