CANCELLED - Djouce Remembrance Race
- Djouce Remembrance Race
- Sunday 27 December, 2020
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 4 (1,1,2) - Easy Terrain, <200M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Route Description:
- The route is the same as the "Earl's Drive" trail league (https://www.imra.ie/events/details/id/1266/).
There is an optional short course (about 3.9k). It follows the main route until a marshall at the turn off to cross the river.
- Getting There:
- Start and Finish are at the first/northernmost Car Park at Djouce Woods, Old Long Hill, Enniskerry, Co. Wicklow. There is a vehicle height restriction of 1.8m to this car park. Google Map is https://goo.gl/maps/BQP37Jd5HZo or Google "Djouce Woods Mtb" GPS is 53°09'20.3"N 6°11'16.9"W (53.155649, -6.188019)
- Organisers Instructions:
- ***December 2020 update***
Based on the guidelines announced on Nov 27th last, sports events may not take place for the forseeable future so this race will not go ahead.
You might like to run within your own locality & post any messages of remembrance for hill runners past.
Hopefully see you in 2021.
Combining several traditions (Bray Head Christmas Flash and the Djouce Djoggers' Djouce Djog), this race has been nominated to remember those IMRA members who have passed.
Overall the intended spirit is for some fun to celebrate the lives of those who've passed.
Fancy Dress is encouraged!
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize