- Sunday 2 September, 2018
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 8 (3,3,2) - Difficult Terrain, >500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Only major junctions marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster Championship
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Getting There:
- Note: Registration will be held at An Bothar pub from 11.30-12.30. Race start/finish is at the main Mt Brandon car park (about 2km from pub), Baile Breac, but carpooling is necessary.
From Dingle, follow signs for Brandon Creek. After approx 8km, take right , signposted for Mt Brandon /Brandon Creek. Continue on this road for approx 1km to An Bothar Pub on your left. Please park here and car pool to the start.
- Organisers Instructions:
A classic up and down championship race on the highest peak outside of the MacGillycuddy Reeks. Open grassy steep slopes and technical rocky sections at the top. Although not marked by IMRA, this course follows the pilgrim path which is marked by stone crosses and small white posts.Start/finish area at the main carpark, Baile Breac, on the Dingle side of Mt Brandon.
This race is open to all IMRA members and costs €10. There is no online pre-registration available. If you have not raced in 2018, but are registered, you will be given your bib number at registration.
NOTE: The Dingle Marathon is being held on Saturday the 1st September. That means accommodation will be busy for those looking for a place to stay prior to Mt Brandon race on the Sunday. Suggest early bookings, plenty of B&B's in Dingle and also closer to Mt Brandon. Hostels also available in Dingle - Grapevine and Hideout.
Under IMRA rules for competitor's safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
NEW IMRA MEMBERSHIP PROCEDURE FOR 2018!
All competitors must be IMRA members. IMRA membership costs €10 for a calendar year. It is unrelated to membership of other athletic clubs. IMRA membership cannot be purchased at the race, you must follow these steps beforehand:
- Login to your "myimra" account on www.imra.ie. If you don't have an account, create one using the REGISTER FOR MYIMRA link, and follow the instructions carefully.
- Go to the PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS page and purchase 2018 membership using a credit/debit card.
- Bring the membership confirmation email containing your race number for the year with you to your first race
- Get a bib number at your first race, and hold on to it, as it's valid for the full year.
Note: If you are not a 2018 IMRA member or don't know your race number, it will not be possible to enter the race
- Prizegiving Location:
- An Bothar Pub. West Kerry's finest soup and sandwiches, tea, coffee's and local crafts. Prize giving ceremony presented by RD and John Lenihan. Location: http://www.botharpub.com/
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize