- Glanageenty race
- Sunday 25 March, 2018
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (2,2,2) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster Winter/Spring League
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- The route runs through John Lenihan's home turf, so it really is a challenging one. It consists mostly of narrow trails, with some open (boggy) running at the top of the first mountain. The trail opens out again after the final climb with a lovely downhill run which will take you to the finish. The kiddies route is 1k through forest trail. The Junior route is 4k, through forest trail and open mountain. John Lenihan himself will also be there to offer words of encouragement. It will be a great opportunity to meet him, and if you have his book, he will sign it for you also!
- Getting There:
- Getting There: Registration will take place in the Half Way Bar, Ballymacelligott, Q 922-126. Google Maps Link. To get there: take the N21 road from Castleisland towards Tralee and turn right after approx 7 km onto the L2021 road, the half way bar will be on your left after 100 meters. PLEASE CARPOOL FROM THE HALF WAY BAR, AS PARKING IS LIMITED! The car park is at Q 945-143 (2.5 miles from registration) and the start is 200 meters south of here at Q 946-1416. So please allow enough time to get from registration to the start point. Registration will close at 10:45am to facilitate this. From the Half-Way Bar, take the road directly opposite, going past the Post Office. Follow that road a bit, and you take the second left (opposite the church). Then you take the second right, (You will see a sign for Glanageenty trailhead). Follow this road for about 1.5 miles and the car park will be on your left. Refreshments afterwards in the Half-way Bar.
- Organisers Instructions:
- This race is open to all IMRA members and costs €5. There is no online pre-registration available. PLEASE ARRIVE AT LEAST 45 MINS BEFORE RACE START TIME TO ALLOW FOR REGISTRATION AND TO GET TO THE START LINE (2.5 MILES AWAY)
Under IMRA rules for competitor's safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
NEW IMRA MEMBERSHIP PROCEDURE FOR 2018!
All competitors must be IMRA members. IMRA membership costs €10 for a calendar year. It is unrelated to membership of other athletic clubs. IMRA membership cannot be purchased at the race, you must follow these steps beforehand:
- Login to your "myimra" account on www.imra.ie. If you don't have an account, create one using the REGISTER FOR MYIMRA link, and follow the instructions carefully.
- Go to the PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS page and purchase 2018 membership using a credit/debit card.
- Bring the membership confirmation email containing your race number for the year with you to your first race
- Get a bib number at your first race, and hold on to it, as it's valid for the full year.
Note: If you are not a 2018 IMRA member or don't know your race number, it will not be possible to enter the race
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize