- Carrauntohill (East from Cronins yard)
- Sunday 17 July, 2016
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 10 (Extreme) - Extreme, >1,000M ascent or > 30Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route not marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster Championship
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- This is a tough course on very technical and challenging terrain. Please use common sense when deciding to enter. Mandatory kit on the day is: Waterproof jacket, phone (working), foil blanket. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!! Recommended: water & some form of calories.
- Getting There:
- Cronins Yard, Co. Kerry....Google it
- Organisers Instructions:
- Starting from Cronins Yard the race will climb gradually through Hags Glen until almost the bottom of the Devils Ladder, here the route bears left (the only part of the course marked), and find the Zigzag path to take up on steep uphill singletrack and emerge close to the summit of Cnoc Na Toinne. Bear right and run the ridge, dropping into the col between it and Carrauntohill..from here head straight to the summit of Carrauntohill and return via same route. Ps: a cut off time of 1 hour 15min will be imposed at the top of the Zigzag Path. If you have not reached it by then, turn back as race will take you much over 4 hours.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Cronins Yard Tea Rooms
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize