Nav Challenge 2 - Glenmacnass Waterfall
- Second race of annual nav challenge league
- Sunday 28 August, 2016
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 8 (2,3,3) - Moderate Terrain, >500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route not marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Navigational Challenge
- Entry opens:
- 2016-08-13 00:00:00
- Entry closes:
- 2016-08-27 18:00:00
- Entry limit:
- None set
- Entry cost:
- €7 for seniors, €5 for over 65s and under 18s
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Participants are expected to hit a number of checkpoints. This can be done in any order.
There is a shorter course available at approximately 10km.
As entry to the Nav Challenge is open to over 16 years only, competitors are responsible for their own safety in this regard.
- Getting There:
- Glenmacnass waterfall is at at grid reference O 114 030, on the Military Road.
Entry to the race will open at 9.30am and close at 10.15am.
- Organisers Instructions:
- The Nav Challenge is an open mountain navigation race where competitors use a map to find checkpoints.
Maps will be provided for long and short courses so no need to bring your own.
The starting point for this race is at Glenmacnass Waterfall on the Military Road, Wicklow.
All competitors, and particularly those who have not competed this year already, should READ the NEW REGISTRATION GUIDELINES.
We are NO longer accepting MONEY at races.
- Prizegiving Location:
- In the car park at Glenmacnass with refreshments in The Coach House, Roundwood.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize
|Driver Surname||Firstname||Location||Passing Through||Departure||Seats Available||Seats Accepted|