- Sunday 12 July, 2015
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 8 (3,3,2) - Difficult Terrain, >500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Only major junctions marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Connacht Championship
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- This is a new route. A new descent is being used, so that the mountain is traversed. The route up to the church is the usual route up and will therefore NOT be marked. You then follow a faint trail down the northern scree slope until you reach open mountain as per map. The final decent towards the finish will be marked.
- Organisers Instructions:
- Safety First -- All participants in this race are required to bring the following: A longsleeved rainproof running top. Hat and gloves. Extra clothing: A warm longsleeved top and leggings. Map and compass are mandatory kit. The Race Director on the day will make the decision as to what runners will wear and bring with them for the race. The Race Directors decision will be final. The IMRA rule with respect to having to carry a mandatory shower proof jacked applies. Non compliance will lead to disqualification.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Campbells Bar
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize