- Sunday 6 July, 2014
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (2,2,2) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Only major junctions marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster Championship
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- The race starts in the village on grass fields and goes across a river and up on to forest tracks for about 600m and then heads up through closed forest trail for 300m and then on up through a bog fire brake for 400m which leads runners on to open mountain where they follow a well marked route to the top of Mautherclay (also known as Mauherslieve). Competitorâ€™s will then turn at the trig point (543m) and come back down on the same route.
- Getting There:
- Kilcommon, Co. Tipperary
- Organisers Instructions:
- This race is open to all and the cost is â‚¬10.
Please arrive at 12:00 to give time for race registration.
If you have already run an IMRA race this year, bring your number with you, if not you can speed things up by downloading the membership form and filling it in beforehand, but they will be available on the day as well.
- This is an all terrain course from flat running to crossing through rivers to fast running on forest track and tough running over bog. This short course has it all and is open to all types of competitors who wish to test their metal.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize