- Saturday 31 May, 2014
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 10 (Extreme) - Extreme, >1,000M ascent or > 30Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route not marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Irish Championship
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- The route this year is the same as last year. It will start and finish on the Kerry Way in the Brida Valley. A map of the route is on the events page. The start point is at the gate on the Kerry Way just up from the road.
- Organisers Instructions:
- The race will start and finish on the Kerry Way in the Brida Valley. This is about 10k past the Climbers Inn in Glencar. It will be signposted after the Climbers Inn.
There will be restricted car parking near the start of the race. We will have the use of the local farmers yard for this at a cost of 3.00 euro per car. There will absolutely be NO car parking on the road.
All runners must bring with them the following:
A longsleeved rainproof running top. Hat and Gloves, Whistle
Warm longsleeved top and leggings. The Race Director will make the decision on the day as to what runners will wear and bring with them for the race. The Race Directors decision will be final.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Climbers Inn
- Please make sure to use the Kerry way on both the uphill and downhill - going off the Kerry could potentially lead to trespassing issues which may jeopardise the running of this race in the future.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize