Combaun Wood to Templehill
- Comb Wood to Templehill
- Sunday 17 February, 2013
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 8 (2,3,3) - Moderate Terrain, >500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Only major junctions marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster League
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- The course starts 200 m from the barrier on forestry roads, we stay on the forest road for about 4.3 km following markers until you come to sheep pens and a stile to the open mountain. At this point we leave the forest road and head for the summit: the ridge takes you to the right by a rocky outcrop then you keep to the left as you come to the top where the trig point is on top of a rocky pile. Touch this and it is all down hill from here, back the way you came to the point you started at (if the day is foggy this could be tricky).
This may be called Temple hill but it is a proper mountain and even though the open mountain section is just over 1 km it is very steep.
- Getting There:
- Anglesborough, Co. Limerick
Combaun Wood is 3 km south east of Anglesborough. If you are coming from Mitchelstown you turn off at the Firgrove roundabout for Limerick (R513) you keep on this route for about 6 km, at the far side of the glen there is a right turn for Anglesborough. When you get to Anglesborough take a sharp right hand turn at the Community centre, the Church is on your left and the national school will be on your right. Follow this road for about 3km Combaun Wood is the only forestry on your left hand side, if you find yourself going down a very steep hill you've passed it by.
OSI grid reference: R 819 185Google Streetview link
- Organisers Instructions:
- The cost is â‚¬10 per person. If you have already raced an IMRA race this year, please bring your number with you. If not, you can speed things up by downloading the membership form and filling it in beforehand.
If you want to pre-enter please email me (email@example.com) and I will hold your number.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Anglesborough (Galtee View)
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize