Irish Mountain
Running Association

Carrick Mountain

AuthorDateMessage
Rachel CinnsealachJul 1 2024, 8:35amHi folks,

I am very low on volunteers for this event. In particular I need a laptop operator. I also need more people for parking, registration and marshaling. All help appreciated.

Rachel
Conor O'FarrellJul 1 2024, 4:52pmHi All

Laptop Operator still needed for this event to go ahead. Either an experienced laptop operator, or someone that is willing to spend a bit of time with the laptop crew at Ballinastoe to learn the ropes. You can still run Ballinastoe, but you would need to commit to not run at Carrick.

Con
Rachel CinnsealachJul 4 2024, 9:21amFolks, I only have 5 non running helpers for next week. I REALLY need more. Ideally another 5 or 6 people.
Mfanakuqala Methuli MoyoJul 4 2024, 3:32pmHi there you can count me in for next week Wednesday volunteering
Alan AylingJul 5 2024, 10:12amRachel count me in as a course marshal.
Jean O'NeillJul 5 2024, 12:28pmI'm available,not running Still nursing my knee since my fallsfalls in Howth. Not too much walking please!
Jean O'NeillJul 5 2024, 12:31pmOr I could do First Aid, or play my whistle!
Rachel CinnsealachJul 5 2024, 1:36pmAlan, Thankyou so much. You are so good, you have already spent nany nights clearing the trail, you are marking the route and you're also giving up your race so others can run.

Also Thanks to Gavan for stepping up as RD, another member who does so much eork for IMRA behind the scenes and again you're giving up your race to help out.

Jean thanks so much for your offer. It's very much appreciated, I need marshals so I'll pug you at the first /Last point so you won't have much walking to do.

Thankyou ro everyone who has volunteered so far, it's appreciated.
Rachel CinnsealachJul 5 2024, 1:37pmDoh, Thanks to Gavan for stepping up as Laptop operator.
Henny BrandsmaJul 5 2024, 2:42pmHi Rachel, will change from running to not running helper.
Cheers Henny.
Jean O'NeillJul 5 2024, 6:15pmDo I need to volunteer as a helper? Or is this enough?
Rachel CinnsealachJul 5 2024, 11:38pmThanks a million Henny

Jean I will add you as a volunteer, thanks so much.
Laura FlynnJul 7 2024, 3:58pmCooley Equestrian Centre have kindly offered their yard for parking. Please car-pool where possible.
There will be a charge of €3 per car which will be donated to Wicklow Cancer Support.
We do not have use of their toilet. There is only one and they need it for their own staff.
Please be aware that this is a working farm. Do not park or drive on the grass. Parking is in the yard only.
Cathal BarryJul 7 2024, 7:30pmHey Rachael,

I will be available to volunteer for this one if it's required.

Kind regards,

Cathal.
Rachel CinnsealachJul 8 2024, 2:59pmHi Cathal,l

Thanks so much for asking. We have enough volunteers now but furture races most certainly will need volunteers.
Laura FlynnJul 9 2024, 8:14amWe will be using sum-up for card payments for the parking tomorrow night.
Card only. No cash.
CORRECTION on the charges - instead of €3 per car the cost will be:
Full car, 4 plus people- FREE
3 in car - €2
2 in car - €3
1 in car - €4
Jean O'NeillJul 9 2024, 12:22pmDave Doherty I'm offering to car pool from Kilmacanogue at 17.45. (Leabing Swors at 16 45). I could pick you up and drop you off later on way home. I can't get this onto the Car Pool site!
Dave DochertyJul 9 2024, 2:44pm@Jean. Thanks for the offer. But I got sorted. Will remove the request now.
Andy KeelingJul 9 2024, 3:14pmHey guys. Thanks a million for all your recent Trail Criú donations. We're so grateful for everyones help. I'll be at Carrick collecting again if anyone has any bits or bobs. In particular we are really short of trail shoes. If anyone does happen to have any ones that they don't really use or are just not fitting right we will definitely give them a good home. Thank you!
Conor O'FarrellJul 10 2024, 12:01pmHi All

I can’t make the race this evening, but I need to get a small piece of kit to the laptop operator. Is anyone going to the race from (or passing) Lucan area, to bring it?

Thanks
Con
John MolloyJul 10 2024, 12:46pmHi Conor,
I can collect the part, give me a call on oh eight six tree ate nine ate
Tree seven zero to arrange a time.
John molloy
Dave DochertyJul 11 2024, 11:06amSome excellent type 2 fun last night. Massive thanks to Rach, the volunteers and all who put it together. Also cheers to Jason, Denis and The Robinsons for the lifts.
susan dixonJul 11 2024, 11:38amHi Rachel, can someone check the results for the short course please.
Laylas place and time are incorrect....thank you.
Mick HanneyJul 11 2024, 1:01pmSuper event, super route last night. Thanks all. In particular to those who went the extra mile preparing the trails in the days and weeks ahead.
Rachel CinnsealachJul 11 2024, 3:10pmHi Susan,

Yes indeed Layla, was first accross the line. I have emailed the results secratary, sorry about that.
Folks if you have any comments queries about the results, please email results@imra.ie

I hope you all enjoyed the race last night. I would like to say a huge THANKYOU to each of the volunteers. There were an amzing team and without volunteers these races cannot go ahead.
Richard AllanJul 11 2024, 5:18pmThanks Rachel and all the volunteers for a fantastic race last night
Louis MulleeSep 26 2024, 9:21pmHi Everyone, as a follow up, at the request of the landowner a donation of 250euro from car park fees collected on the night was made to Wicklow Cancer Support.

www.wicklowcancersupport.ie