Irish Mountain
Running Association

Log na Coille

AuthorDateMessage
Eoin PhelanJun 14 2024, 1:32pmIs there a GPX file available for the route we will use on the day?
Peter O'FarrellJun 14 2024, 8:59pmHello Eoin,

Unfortunately GPX and other electronic aids are not to be used in the Irish Championship events. They are paper Map and compass events.
I can chat to you tomorrow about options for recces of the route.
Thanks,
Peter
Christian PerssonJul 3 2024, 3:36amHi there! I'm considering participating in this race but I haven't done any races with navigation with map and compass before. Is this a suitable first event from that (assuming I have the appropriate level of fitness, which I think I do)? And which map is relevant for this race?

Thanks,
Christian
Leo MahonJul 5 2024, 9:01amHi Christian
This race is not a marked course it’s easy to go astray on the descent.There is no point in having a map and compass with your compulsory kit and not be competent in using them
Leo MahonJul 5 2024, 9:10amCan I be accepted as Race Director
Thanks to all who have put their names forward as volunteers I will contact you all nearer race day
I’m looking for a summit marshal and a first aid officer
without them the race can’t go ahead
Alan AylingJul 5 2024, 10:07amYou're accepted as RD now Leo.
Maybe one of your Helper volunteers would do summit.
If you're still stuck for a First Aider in a week's time let me know and I can do it.
Leo MahonJul 5 2024, 12:22pmThanks Alan
Gill McLoughlinJul 5 2024, 7:13pmHi Leo, You can put me down for summit Marshall.
Leo MahonJul 6 2024, 6:57amThanks very much Gill
Brian KitsonJul 26 2024, 11:01amHigh mountain race with a low-key build up. Entries close this evening, weather forecast looks decent. Get on it.
Leo MahonJul 27 2024, 8:44amRegistrations will close sharpe at 12.30pm today to enable the race start at 1pm
It will open at 11.45am
Good luck to all competitors today
The weather is very iffy
Cormac GreeneJul 27 2024, 12:15pmHi Leo,
Myself and Eoin Phelan are on the way but got caught in some traffic, we will be at registration at 12.45 sharp if we can be signed in.
Race nubers are: 1649 and 771.

Thanks,
Cormac
Peter O'FarrellJul 27 2024, 9:12pmFantastic day of racing today on Lug. The sun shone on many battles with fast descenders and strong climbers all having their moments....yes, in the sun!
Thanks to Leo, Gill and team on a brilliant race and Dave Power and his carload of satisfied punters for the chats.
Leo MahonJul 27 2024, 10:42pmA race needs a great team of volunteers and I had them all today a big thanks to Ritchie Fox Caoimhe O Donnell
Catherine Ryan Dillon Ryan Joan Ryan David Noel Ryan
John Mollloy Ger Power Gill Mc Loughlin our Summit Marshall and my assistant RD Lillian Deegan always there with words of wisdom
Mike JordanJul 28 2024, 8:56amGreat up down mountain race yesterday. Weather was ideal, though the going wasn't as firm as you'd expect for July. Was that one of the most experienced fields of mountain runners ever assembled for an Irish mountain race? 1000s of races and 100s of race wins in that group of runners. Thanks to Leo and all the volunteers for putting on the race.
Jeff SwordsJul 28 2024, 10:38amResults up, email IMRAResults at gmail dot com for any oddities you may have.
Lillian DeeganJul 28 2024, 12:12pmDes Kennedy turned 100 yesterday - hearty congrats Des. Looking over your rankings there, I find myself thinking of David Power’s language “the sharp end of things” with regard to your level of competing to close out this milestone. No mean feat by any standard Des - fair dues! No doubt Jason, Peter, David and Kitson kept the guinness floating from Fenton’s to celebrate your achievements.
Mick HanneyJul 28 2024, 4:21pmThanks Leo and crew for a great event yesterday.
Lug is a super event when the sun is shining and that it did.
In particular, thanks to Gill, for the encouragement from the summit and a nice set of photos.

We'll be back up Lug very shortly on a new route via Ballineddan and Slievemaan. Keep an eye on the Event Calendar.