Irish Mountain
Running Association

Mount Leinster

AuthorDateMessage
Liam BoweApr 1 2024, 11:54amHi folks, 3 weeks to go for this SEL race on the LC course. Just putting a call out for volunteers. Anyone booking in to race Annagh Hill might consider adding their name to the volunteer list for this one.

This is a great course - 4 miles up and 4 miles down, similar to Log na Coille. Very fast in places on the way down so if I could get a first aider to look after all those knees, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Liam BoweApr 8 2024, 9:11pmThanks to all who have volunteered so promptly.
Just need 3 more:
A first aider
Summit marshal &
Finish line helper.

Can only promise more glorous sunshine down here in Wexford after fabulous Annagh Hill yesterday.
Keelin HolmesApr 11 2024, 1:53pmHi , I haven't done any races where only major junctions are marked, do you need navigation skills for these ? Thanks Keelin
Daniel BrennanApr 11 2024, 2:49pmHi Liam, I'm interested in volunteering for the race I can do either of the 3 roles you require. Just let me know what you need
John Murphy74Apr 11 2024, 4:41pmKeelin,
The trail is pretty clear for the most part up Mt Leinster but just have the gps on the watch and study the map in advance. Its a nice route.
Liam BoweApr 11 2024, 10:29pmDaniel, if you could put your name down for first aid officer that would be great.

Keelin, John is right there is a legible trail for the most part of the route and I'll have a few extra markers on the course to get people to the legible parts.
Liam BoweApr 14 2024, 7:38pmAll sorted for volunteers for this - thank you all.

Entries should be available in the shop in the morning. I'll post here again to confirm.

As this is a SEL race, the course will be marked.
Liam BoweApr 15 2024, 11:38amEntries are now open for Mount Leinster.

Email sent to volunteers for review.
Liam BoweApr 15 2024, 11:44amThere will be a junior race available - 3.5k.
Andy WalkerApr 16 2024, 7:32pmHi, looking forward to this. Just wondering what time registration is open from and if there is an early start on this? Thanks, Andy
Liam BoweApr 17 2024, 8:36amAndy, registration will be open at 10:45 and close at 11:45.
Early start available at 11:30.
Andy WalkerApr 17 2024, 7:56pmThanks Liam
Liam BoweApr 20 2024, 9:58amRegistration closes for Mount Leinster at 6pm this evening, so get the skates on if you're thinking about it.

Two things on the day for participants:
1. We get the use of a local man's field/garden for parking immediately adjacent to the start-finish line, so there will be a €3 donation (cash only) per car as a thank you.
2. The going is soft on the turf up the top. So bring a towel if you wish to avail of the fresh mountain water bathing facilities 50m from the finish line (covered in the entry fee!)
Jarlath HynesApr 21 2024, 4:39pmThanks Liam & volunteers for a very enjoyable race today.

It was nice to SEE the course (& fantastic scenery) after the 'abandoned midway' race the last time I was there!
Mick HanneyApr 21 2024, 7:22pmMount Leinster had glorious weather today.. The luck of the south-east league. Well done Liam and crew for a smashing event.

Great to see, fleetingly, a close battle up front for the win, with Tony acquiring the crown for the fastest Mount Leinster climb (on strava at least). Congrats Tony on the win with a record time. Unlucky on Enda to miss the turn which would have made for an interesting home gallop.
Karen CreanApr 21 2024, 7:26pmGood evening all.
Thanks to Liam and volunteers for a great day out @ MT Leinster.
It was my first time participating in this race and wow what amazing views and even better Bog holes....now as a Cavan woman that's some compliment
Great to meet so many new friendly faces & shout out to Jarlet for company on the course.

Karen
Mick HanneyApr 21 2024, 8:23pmThe lads up front today were super speedy.

It is difficult to compare historic results. In many of the Mount Leinster races the turnaround point was the trig at the far side of the antenna. Added distance might be marginal but still different.
Liam BoweApr 21 2024, 8:41pmWell done to all who took on Mount Leinster today. Special congrats to:
Kathryn Fitpatrick 1st F
Karen Crean 2nd F
Aisling O'Neill 3rd F
and
Antony Forristal 1st M
Enda Cloake 2nd M
Mackenzie McIvor 3rd M

Also, congrats to:
Harry and Ellie Kileen for 1st Junior boy and 1st Junior girl home.

Apologies to Karen for the mix up at the finish line.
Full Results are on the way.

Special thank you to the volunteering crew of Niamh, Fiona, Daniel, Kevin, Daire and Colm. And to the 3 on the mountain: Ciara, Paul and Paddy.

I'm off to apply a bit of after-sun here. I've forgotten the last time it rained already.
Liam BoweApr 22 2024, 1:22pmResults are up for Mount Leinster.
Katie MullanApr 22 2024, 3:30pmHi everyone,
Thanks so much for a fantastic day out. Really great first experience with IMRA, thanks to Liam as well for answering ally questions
Just wondering why my time didn't come up? I got my number and had it pinned. Were there separate chips?thanks in advance
Jeff SwordsApr 22 2024, 4:01pmHi Katie,

Your results are there, are you looking at any filtered results when you can't see it?
Katie MullanApr 22 2024, 4:11pmThanks Jeff, I see it now when I click All, I thought id filtered by women. Must now have thank you!! Sorry about that
Katie MullanApr 22 2024, 4:14pmI also just realised I entered my gender as male, changed it to female now I think. .oops
Liam BoweApr 22 2024, 4:54pm6th woman home Katie, and on your first day out - well done.

Scroll around all the tabs under the results and you'll have the hang of it for your second race!