Irish Mountain
Running Association

Wicklow Way Relay

AuthorDateMessage
Colin McShaneJan 25 2024, 6:19pmCan someone let me know when entry for this opens and how we apply for a team entry. Have a team ready but not sure how and when we can apply for entry.

Thank you
Jason KehoeJan 27 2024, 10:18pmHi Colin,

It's usually around April that registration opens. We have yet to update this years event page but you can have a look at last years event details and forum posts which shoukd give you a feel of the whole process.

Thanks,
Jason - Race Director
Jason KehoeJan 31 2024, 9:26pmMark your calendars – Registration opens on Friday 22nd March 2024! Spots go fast, usually within an hour.

This date gives eight Saturdays to get your recces done. A leg a week! Some logistical changes are required this year around traffic following the race but details will be provided when they are finalised and will be communicated to captains to pass on directly to their teams.

We may also need to reduce the number of teams to the original cap of 30 as opposed to 36 last year. Again this is still to be finalised.

Looking forward to another great event.

Jason
noel bolandMar 11 2024, 11:25amJust wondering what is considered as vet ???
Kevin O'RiordanMar 11 2024, 11:46amF40/M40 or higher.
noel bolandMar 11 2024, 1:16pmThank you
Jason KehoeMar 21 2024, 6:28pmAttention, attention!

Wicklow way relay entries open tomorrow Friday 22nd March at 2:00pm. We expect the 30 places to sell out in sub 5mins or so. This gives teams 8 weeks to get the eight legs recced.

House Keeping:
Please do not buy multiple entries for your team "by accident" and then ask for a refund / name change etc. You should only buy an entry if you already have your potential team in place and can provide their provisional details within the following 72 hours.

Best of luck to all!

Jason
Darren MurphyMar 21 2024, 8:23pmJason

Has this year's race been capped to 30 teams?
Jason KehoeMar 21 2024, 8:48pm@Colin - Yes that is correct. We have additional traffic on the route this year and there will be Gardai and event marshals from Lough Tay to Glendalough so we want to keep numbers manageable. There will be diversions for crews and supporters following the race route to avoid these areas.
Jason KehoeMar 22 2024, 2:10pmEvent sold out! 7 mins, think that's a new record.

Captains please fill out your teams provisional details within 72 hours on the link on the event page. Keep a bookmark of the email you are sent as you need to use this to edit your team.

Thanks!
Jason
Alice ClancyMar 22 2024, 2:19pmJaney that was quick!! I wonder will we see re-sales on ticketmaster in the next hour?!
Thanks for the reminder yesterday Jason….I would have had a lot of explaining to 7 disappointed people without it!
Darren MurphyMar 22 2024, 2:20pmThat was Intense, know teams who didn't get in.
That's a pity
Niall LynchMar 22 2024, 2:21pmHi Jason,

I just wanted to check my purchase went through correctly.
I got confirmation email that payment was made. But when I go into Online Entries the WWR is still showing up in my basket.

Thanks

Niall
Derek HayMar 22 2024, 2:28pmHi Jason,

Same here, I have a record of the purchase in my history but its also showing in my basket, I haven't received an email to bookmark either.

Thanks for the help.
Mairead ConnollyMar 22 2024, 2:29pmHi
I got a payment failure but thought I had got through, how do I update this ? Thanks
Jason KehoeMar 22 2024, 2:42pmI see entries for Niall and Derek. I can see no details there under your name Mairead.
Kieran DuaneMar 22 2024, 2:47pmHi Jason,
Can you check for me too. I have a payment id and the imra site says I am entered but I haven't received any emails following payment or entry form submission.
Thanks,
Kieran
Jason KehoeMar 22 2024, 3:21pmYes Kieran, I see your entry there.
Jenni MileyMar 22 2024, 3:27pmHi Jason,
Can you please double-check that my entry went through ok as well?

Thanks
Jenni
Jason KehoeMar 22 2024, 4:33pmYes Jenni, I see you there.

If you got a confirmation and see it in your 'purchase history' then you got in.

If anyone needs a refund / name change please let me know within 72 hours.

Thanks,
Jason
Peter DoyleMar 22 2024, 9:22pmHi Jason,

sorry to bug you with another query regarding entry in similar vein to those above but with slightly different variation.
I managed to get one of the golden tickets earlier and entry shows in my payments history and I submitted first draft of the team list entry form for team Rush Running.
However still no sign of any emails to confirm purchase or that form was submitted.
As per previous answers I assume all is fine but just want to be sure to be sure that all is fine
Jason KehoeMar 23 2024, 9:03pmHi Peter,

I see your IMRA entry as well as your provisional entry Jot form. Confirmation probably was filtered to spam. You will need that Jot form email to do edits so have a good look.

Thanks,
Jason
Peter DoyleMar 24 2024, 2:05pmThanks Jason
50% success rate as tracked down the payment confirmation email but no sign anywhere of the Jotform email.
I'll send you a separate email with details rather than clogging up the forum with what seems to be a tech support issue :-). Plenty of time between now and race say to track down the form
Liam BoweMar 24 2024, 5:09pmJason, same as Peter here, I have confirmation of payment email but no auto response from Jotform as per previous years. Tried to resend it but was blocked, so know entry went through.
Pat BreenMar 24 2024, 6:00pmHi Jason, have an entry for the relay also but didn't receive the email. Is it possible to resend this please. Not in the spam folder unfortunately. Thanks very much Pat
Jason KehoeMar 25 2024, 8:12amWe're looking into triggering another email for those affected. If you have your initial team registered but didn't receive the confirmation / edit email you can check yourself by trying to fill out the form with the same email address and it should prevent you from doing so. We likely have your teams details in that case. We will trigger emails or some other workaround for those of you who've messaged here and by email.

Thanks,
Jason
Annraoi CampbellMar 25 2024, 9:32amHi Jason, I have received the payment confirmation but no access to the jot form. I used the link available on the event description but I don’t have a live link to access/change details going forward. I hope the information has gone through on your end. Thanks Annraoi
Rene BorgMar 25 2024, 9:47amOn the Jotform: we had added encryption to this year's form for added security on the data but unfortunately, we were not awarwe that encryption knocks out the autoresponder functionality.

We have removed the encryption (the data is still password protected - only Jason and I have access) and as a further mitigation, we'll delete the PII as soon as it is no longer needed.

We have confirmation of forms received for the below list of team names (so you can check if your form got through). I have reactivated the autoresponder to send out the email again 7 days after you submitted the original form. If you do not have it by then, contact Jaons again and we will try to do a manual email.

LIST OF FORMS RECEIVED (by team name)

Ain't No Way Relay
Bally Clangers
Iron*space*Bridge
The Tír-na-nÓg-ers
peak fitness
50KAC
Mountain Swifts
Bravehearts
Brothers Pearse
Racing 795
Grass Routes
Ridge Runners Relay
Lusk A.C.
BAC Wicklow Way Warriors
Rush Running
Irish Lights
Alice’s Animals!
Where's Patrick
Rathfarnham Runners
Coffee and Buns
Niamh O'CeallaighMar 25 2024, 1:32pmHi, I seem to be unable to submit the jotform. I get a message saying "Sorry, Only one entry is allowed" even on my first attempt to submit.
I didn't receive an email with the link so am using the link off the event page.
Thanks
Niamh
Jason KehoeMar 25 2024, 4:51pmHi Niamh,

You likely did it before we spotted the glitch and made the changeover. Hopefully it will trigger an edit email in 7 days so we will chase up with anyone we don't have next Monday.

Thanks for your patience everyone!
Jason
Jason KehoeMar 25 2024, 9:01pmThe first bit of drama to kick off the WWR. We decided last year to allow each years winning team an automatic guarantee of a place the following year going forward. This is something we had overlooked in the entry process this year. In true East Cork style it transpires our current champions East Cork A/C missed the registration date due to dramatic circumstances. Their Captain Tim O'Donoghue welcomed his third baby girl into the world the night before registration (congratulations mum and dad!) and through the jigs, reels and probably lack of sleep he missed the cut off. However as last years winners they should have had a guaranteed spot in any case (we dropped the ball on that). So rather than the capped 30 teams we will have 31 teams this year. Next year it will be total team entry cap (n) minus one spot for the winners available (n-1). We wanted to make this clear and transparent in case there were any queries.

Best Regards,
WWR Team
Sheila O'ByrneApr 5 2024, 2:41pmHello,

Question regarding a competitive Team of 8, I understand a competitive team must include 2 women and 2 vets and they may not be the same people. However, do the vets need to be of a certain gender? i.e can an all-female team be competitive?

Thank you,
Sheila
Rene BorgApr 5 2024, 4:52pmAll female teams are allowed competitive and a few of them have done very well in the past.
Darren MooneyApr 5 2024, 9:50pmCan the 2 vets in a team be both Female?
Peter O'FarrellApr 6 2024, 8:31am@Darren - Assuming a competitive team of 8 ;

YES both of the designated vets can be female
In that case the team needs two other females (to be a competitive team)

To take it to the end - a team of 8 vet women woud be a competitive team.

From the current rules:
To be competitive, teams must be made up as follows:
Teams of 2: Open;
Teams of 3: to include a woman or vet.;
Teams of 4: to include a woman and vet. (may be the same person);
Teams of 5: to include a woman and vet. (may not be the same person);
Teams of 6: to include 2 women and 2 vets. (may be the same persons);
Teams of 7: to include 2 women and 2 vets. (only one may be the same person);
Teams of 8: to include 2 women and 2 vets (may not be the same persons)

As an aside ;
the no longer really done team of 4 is great craic.
As a brucie bonus it's also eco friendly and logistically simple as 1 car does the whole team (assuming the 4 are happy to all do the whole day :)
The team of 5, the John McEnri special, is the most tortuous for tactics.
Kieran DuaneApr 7 2024, 9:32pmHi Jason,
I'm just wondering if the email following the system change sent successfully? I haven't received any emails yet.
Thanks,
Kieran.
Peter DoyleApr 7 2024, 11:00pmHi Rene/ Jason,
Post above reminded me to check email and no sign either of a Jotform email. So perhaps the change didnt work and manual intervention needed. Thanks
Jason KehoeApr 15 2024, 1:53pmHi Captains,

It appears we've resolved the bugs in the team submissions. However, you'll need to allocate another 10 minutes to resubmit your entries. This step ensures you receive the auto-responder email promptly, which will include an edit option at the bottom. You'll use this option to modify your entry as your team makes changes. If still not email we will manually send to you if you reply to the email I sent you.

List of teams we need to resubmit details again:

Ain't no way Relay
Bally Clangers
Iron*space*Bridge
The Tir-na-nÓg-ers
50KAC
Mountain Swifts
Bravehearts
Brothers Pearse
Racing 795
Grass Routes
Ridge Runners Relay
Lusk A/C
BAC Wicklow Way Warriors
Rush Running
Irish Lights
Alice's Animals
Where's Patrick
Rathfarnham Runners
Coffee and Buns

Link here: https://form.jotform.com/220933701134042

Apologies for the extra hassle!

Many thanks,
Jason
Jason KehoeApr 22 2024, 10:12amROUTE DIVERSIONS - LEG 6 (Glenmalure to Ironbridge)

Reports from a weekend recce:
Leg 6 - there's a diversion at 3.5km coming out of Glenmalure (sharp right up the Boardwalk). Signs for tree felling.

Remember to follow signed diversions on the day. Hopefully no surprises the day of the race.

Thanks,
Jason
Jason KehoeApr 24 2024, 6:38pmHere is the list of teams we currently have details for.

Looks like we are missing four teams at this stage.

If you spot your team is missing please tell your captain to fill out the Jot form ASAP.

Ain’t No Way Relay
BAC Wicklow Way Warriors
Bally Clangers
Buckfast Brigade
Clash Bangers
Coffee and Buns
Crusaders AC
East Cork AC
Grass Routes
Irish Lights
Iron*space*Bridge
Kilcoole AC
Le Cheile
Lusk A.C.
Mountain Swifts
Parnell A.C.
Peak fitness
Pearse Physio
Polish Athletics Ireland
Racing 795
Rathfarnham Runners
Ridge Runners Relay
Rush Running
The Tír-na-nÓg-ers
Tree Trotters
TT RACERS
Where's Patrick
Wicklow Way Wanderers
YBCV2

Thanks,
Jason
David PowerApr 25 2024, 9:41pmWe are down to marshal in Curtlestown but Oldbridge suits better. Can any team swap Oldbridge for Curtlestown? TIA
Jason KehoeApr 28 2024, 9:49pmOFFICIAL TEAM NUMBERS:

As is tradition teams have been assigned their team number in the order they finished the race in 2023. We have 20 teams returning to see if they can improve their ranking. We have 12 new team additions from last year, although most I'm sure they have ran the event in some shape or form before. If not you are in for a real treat and we hope you have a fantastic day out on the hills and backroads of Wicklow. I have sent the captains first update and more will follow in the next week or two, specifically around parking and some driving diversions on the day.

Your team number is what you will shout when you come in to a handover point to tag your team mate, our marshals need this number to record your result manually.

WWR 2024 TEAMS:
1. East Cork AC
2. TT RACERS
3. Rathfarnham Runners
4. Brothers Pearse
5. Mountain Swifts
6. Kilcoole AC
7. Parnell A.C.
8. Polish Athletics Ireland
9. Coffee and Buns
10. BAC Wicklow Way Warriors
11. Le Cheile
12. Bravehearts
13. Grass Routes
14. Racing 795
15. Rush Running
16. Clash Bangers
17. Irish Lights
18. Bally Clangers
19. Iron*space*Bridge
20. Pearse Physio
21. Ain’t No Way Relay
22. Alice’s Animals
23. Buckfast Brigade
24. Crusaders AC
25. KAC50+
26. Lusk A.C.
27. Peak fitness
28. Ridge Runners Relay
29. Tree Trotters
30. Where's Patrick
31. Wicklow Way Wanderers
32. YBCV2

Thanks,
Jason
Rene BorgApr 30 2024, 9:57amA note on leg 4: those who have run it recently will have noticed there has been significant works by Coillte on the section above Gaffney's Lane and towards Brusher's Gap hut (essentially a fire-road has been built through the trail and in parallel with the trail.

It does not change the route, however, the Wicklow Way still runs on Gaffney's Lane until the stile and the existing trail runs inside an earthbank. The only noticeable change is that you know cross over a fire-road briefly a few hundred metres before the hut (adding a junction).

leg 4 runners SHOULD NOT jump out on the fire-road running in parallel (as you are off the Wicklow Way). Just stay on the existing trail. The signposting is still solid but there may be a temptation to jump out on the fire-road briefly as it allows runners to avoid a stile. This will be rectified in future years as there will be a gate and mound built to separate the fire-road from the trail.
Alan AylingApr 30 2024, 12:35pmRule 7 is alive and well... ;-)
David PowerMay 1 2024, 10:48pmOn leg 5 at top of the climb after the sleepers, there’s a new gate and path installed. Do we go on this new path through the new gate or stay on the track / technical decent piece as per previous years ? (New path appears to be marked with yellow man)
Rene BorgMay 2 2024, 10:33am@ David: before Alan has a change to post 'Rule 7 applies' ;-), the new descent is used as that was designed specifically to get the Wicklow Way off the technical rocky section. So as that is now the Wicklow Way, we leave the old trail behind (I can hear the groans of the technical downhillers - sorry lads and lassies!)
Conor ClearyMay 6 2024, 3:36pm@Jason, RE: ROUTE DIVERSIONS - LEG 6 (Glenmalure to Ironbridge). We recce'd this today and followed the diversion you called out at approx 3.75km. We went left off the boardwalk and down onto Military Road. We rejoined the WW at Croaghanmoira Car Park, approx 7.25km point, allowing us to take the boardwalk steps down to the grass trail that runs parallel to Military Road. But we never saw a sign to indicate the end of diversion, and we could have easily continued on to where the WW crosses over Military Road approx 8.5km. Could you clarify the correct point to rejoin WW after the diversion please?
Jarlath HynesMay 6 2024, 5:59pm@Conor, after diversion, re-routed WW turns right up into the forest BEFORE you get down to Military Rd.
Easy to miss , path up through forest is taped/signed.
(That was last week, so I presume it's the same now)