Irish Mountain
Running Association

Wicklow Way Race (pre-entry approval required)

AuthorDateMessage
Eoin HamiltonJan 23 2024, 2:31pmWill it be north or south this year?
Eamonn HodgeJan 23 2024, 3:12pmMarlay to Clonegal this year.
Raymond CumminsFeb 3 2024, 10:19pmI have just noticed that the race is now on the same weekend as the Dublin City Marathon. There are quite a few of us who have done both in the past. Was there a reason it was changed please? I have already signed up for DCM.
Raymond CumminsFeb 18 2024, 6:59amGreat to see this is changed to the weekend before the bank holiday weekend. Thanks. I am looking forward to taking part, as long as I am fit and able. :-)
Patricia McLoughlinMar 22 2024, 4:25pmWhen is this race going to move back to the traditional summer race? This could help greatly with female participation too with not endless hours of darkness! Thanks
Liam VinesMar 25 2024, 7:04amHi Patrica
First off this early in a very busy start to the year we can’t say where the Wicklow Way Race will be places on the calendar for 2025. There is an idea to place it in June there is also an idea to leave it set up home in October.
All ideas will be discussed by the fixtures sub committee when it gets going in late summer.
The Irish Ultra Championship has five races in it spread from February to October so there is always going to be two races that spend a chunk of time in the dark.
We are listening to all comments and ideas about the calendar and they are all being noted..
Thank you for your input
Liam
Brendan LawlorApr 4 2024, 2:23pmHi, would love to do WWR, appreciate any insight as to what's required to qualify for an entry?
Cheers,
Brendan
Jason DowlingApr 4 2024, 2:33pmHi Brendan,

You can view the details for last year's event at:
https://www.imra.ie/events/details/id/2295/

The below is taken directly from last year's event details:

"Entry Criteria: You must have run an ultra race of at least 50km in 2022 or more recently to meet the qualifying entry criteria. Those intending to enter should email the following details: Name, name of qualifying race, link to qualifying race results - to wicklowwayrace@gmail.com in advance of entry to confirm you reach the minimum entry standards."

I'm not saying that's the detail for this year but it should give you an idea of what is expected.

Hope that helps,
Jason.
Brendan LawlorApr 4 2024, 3:08pmSuper, thanks Jason for the insight, so hopefully Art O'Neill in 2023 would qualify me. Haven't done 50km+ since then (missed AON this year with an injury). Plan to do some longer stuff over the summer, but wanted to ensure I understood what I needed to do to qualify for WWR. Will drop a mail to the gmail account also.
Appreciate the insight,
Cheers,
Brendan
Eric RiordanApr 4 2024, 5:54pmWhen should folks be submitting for the pre-approval?
Phil behanApr 5 2024, 9:44amBrendan, the Glendalough Tucker Trail is often used as a qualifier for the WWR. It also runs some of the route from Glenmalure and on the second leg also. Thanks