Irish Mountain
Running Association

Sliabh Bui

AuthorDateMessage
liam kennyJan 10 2024, 7:22amI will be out on Sunday morning at 9 am running full route approx 9km if anyone would like to join meet at askamore church carpark, very easy pace so all are welcome
Malcolm KavanaghJan 20 2024, 12:23pmHi Liam,
Sorry I didn't see your message about running last week but I'd meet you there tomorrow morning at the same time if suits & we have a break in weather.
liam kennyJan 20 2024, 5:16pmMalcolm

Unfortunately I'm up at Brockagh tomorrow but if you want to drop me a message on 0894775782 I'll get out with you some day that suits
liam kennyFeb 5 2024, 11:40amHi all

Now that trooperstown has a full compliment of volunteers I could do with 3/4 more to assist with marshalling out on the route for this run smooth,

Thanks to all who have made them selves available so far,
Brendan LawlorFeb 8 2024, 9:52amHi

Are the arrangements for Sliabh Bui similar to when the race was held in 2019 ?
liam kennyFeb 8 2024, 10:35amBrendan

No we have a new route for this event I will be updating race page this evening so I'll have both short and long course up, route is varied with some fire road/ bike track and a little surprise in there to add to the mix
Brendan LawlorFeb 8 2024, 10:48amThanks Liam
Mark HeaveyFeb 8 2024, 10:56amHi Liam just wondering how close you are in relation to Fort mountain the day before and the easiest town to access the race from if staying thanks Mark.
liam kennyFeb 8 2024, 11:21amHi Mark

I would think Gorey or Enisscorty would be fairly accessible to both, keep an eye out on the carpool section for seats to events, we will be heading to fort so we can pick you up in either if need be
liam kennyFeb 8 2024, 12:04pmHi all

Race page now updated, both maps on the photo section,
Niamh MurphyFeb 9 2024, 1:39pmHi Liam,
I am available to volunteer also, sorry I couldn't see the link on the event page,
Niamh
liam kennyFeb 9 2024, 2:12pmHi Niamh

I have added you to the list thank you see you Sunday week at 9 if possible for you
Mick HanneyFeb 11 2024, 10:46amSliabh Bui route is looking very nice. Quite runnable with great views over the Wexford countryside. A great set-up with community hall and parking for pre and post race.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/13910460682
Angus TynerFeb 12 2024, 9:40amWould you check Eircode? It's coming up as invalid.
liam kennyFeb 12 2024, 10:03amhttps://maps.app.goo.gl/LWwui449N3Lu6GBr9
Alan KennedyFeb 12 2024, 10:40amGood spot Angus, the correct Eircode is Y25 F6D8.
Description will be amended later.
Mick HanneyFeb 12 2024, 1:30pmOr simply enter Askamore in your Map app.
If driving from West Wickllow, via Carnew would be a way to go.
Or via Ferns from Wexford.
liam kennyFeb 12 2024, 4:58pmShout out for laptop operator and 1 or 2 more volunteers please

Note- no early start on the Day

Please carpool where possible lots of meeting points along the way down so please avail of seats, looking forward to showing you all what we have to offer down here
liam kennyFeb 13 2024, 1:54pmSeats available folks on the race page, you will find this on the bottom of event page so keep an eye out for carpooling

Still need laptop operator and 1 or 2 more volunteers. If you are one of those people who doesn't like to do there bit all will be forgiven one push of a button it's as easy as that
Brendan LawlorFeb 13 2024, 2:17pmHi Liam

This race is not in the shop yet? When will online registration open?
Mick HanneyFeb 13 2024, 2:26pmI expect shop will be open at 9am Weds
liam kennyFeb 13 2024, 2:47pmYes confirmed opens at 9am tomorrow and close 6pm Saturday
Mick HanneyFeb 14 2024, 11:12amEntries open. Sign up early for a great event.
liam kennyFeb 14 2024, 2:34pmWe have enough volunteers now thanks, please look ahead to help out on other races,

Carpool as best possible
Stephen KENNEDYFeb 14 2024, 7:07pmIs there a profile of the route available? Thanks
liam kennyFeb 14 2024, 7:46pmhttps://strava.app.link/3aQ7CLaTbHb

See attached Stephan
liam kennyFeb 14 2024, 7:49pmStephen this is correct route

https://strava.app.link/vhHHZ4pTbHb
Stephen KENNEDYFeb 14 2024, 9:51pmCheers Liam
Alan KennedyFeb 15 2024, 3:38pmReminder to all that is there only 3 races left in the Leinster Winter / Spring League and 4 races are required for a place on the final league table. Looks like a lot of runners on the 2-race completed list and this course on Sunday, which is new to a lot of us, looks like a super route.
liam kennyFeb 16 2024, 8:17amShop closes tomorrow at 6, entries ticking away going to be some interesting battles ladies and men's age category s

We have enough volunteers I will decline further offers but please look at upcoming events
Sarah GoughFeb 16 2024, 8:06pmHi, can I just check, under new IMRA rules am I right in understanding that adults can't do a short course, it must be the long course? Thanks!
liam kennyFeb 16 2024, 8:50pmHi Sarah, yes you can run the short course at check in you just need to state long or short on the day, to be honest long course on the particular race is ideal for beginners, feel free to opt for what ever distance you feel comfortable at, hope that helps for you
Sarah GoughFeb 16 2024, 8:55pmOh good to hear, Thanks a million Liam!
Mick HanneyFeb 17 2024, 3:34pmTick tock, the time is ticking before shop closes for Sliabh Bui.. It looks like a mild morning is in store, nice conditions for a run.
Mick HanneyFeb 17 2024, 6:22pmPhoto added to event which shows the elevation profile you can expect tomorrow.
Brendan LawlorFeb 18 2024, 2:55pmWell done and thank you to Liam and his volunteer team for a fantastic race at Sliabh Bui today.. sunshine, drizzle, cloud, varied terrain and very close encounters with a wind turbine… course had it all. Special word of thanks to Liam’s kids who were helping him at start / finish and raffle/ prize giving and did a super job !
Karl RichardsFeb 18 2024, 2:56pmTo Liam and your team of volunteers. Thank you so much for a fabulous race today. The sunshine was very welcome. The cuppa and goodies afterwards were very welcome. Thank you all so much.
Deirdre GalvinFeb 18 2024, 2:58pmA gnarly spin around the lumps and bumps of Wexford. Thank you so much to the race organisers and all the volunteers, even the wee ones!
Liam BoweFeb 18 2024, 2:59pmA big thanks to Liam and team for this mornings race. Very obvious the amount of work put into organising this with super pre and post race set up. Nice to have the sun back too - not sure what happened down here yesterday but good stories about Forth Mountain anyway.
Mick HanneyFeb 18 2024, 3:57pmAdded some photos from first turn and finish line.
Bravo Liam Kenny for a debut RD performance today. A great event and reflective of Liam's hard work.
Andy KeelingFeb 18 2024, 5:21pmGreat race today at Sliabh Bui. Thanks to Liam and and all the team. We'll marked route and great post race food and chats.
Phil behanFeb 18 2024, 5:24pmBrilliant race today guys. Really well organised, marked and great tea and sandwiches after. Well done to all volunteers also. A great Wexford welcome !
liam kennyFeb 18 2024, 5:47pmThanks all for the positive feedback.my job was made easy today with the level of volunteers who stepped up and done there job and all played an integral part of the success of the event today so thanks to everyone one today. It's you guys who keep the show going,
Brian SmythFeb 18 2024, 6:38pmBig well done to Liam , the childer , and all the volunteers today . A lot of effort went into it for sure . Great course and lovely set up beforehand and afterwards . Had never been to the area before , but will definitely return . Thanks to all who made it happen
Alan AylingFeb 18 2024, 7:57pm"my job was made easy today with the level of volunteers who stepped up and done there job and all played an integral part of the success of the event today "

The key to great race directing: plan things well, surround yourself with a team of great volunteers, make sure everyone is 100% clear what they're doing... then let them do all the work while you calmly manage and enjoy everyone enjoying themselves.

Great job Liam!

PS fabulous sandwiches!
Andrew HanneyFeb 18 2024, 8:49pmA brilliant race this morning. Excellent organisation, great running terrain, weather gods smiling. Well worth the road trip, the great sense of community that welcomed us was just superb. Tea and sambos after were the icing on an excellent cake. Well done Liam and co, more races to come down that way I hope.
Rob TobinFeb 18 2024, 9:53pmRace report up. Thanks Liam and volunteers for putting on a great show in Askamore today.
liam kennyFeb 19 2024, 7:53amDrone footage uploaded to Imra site on Facebook some nice footage for you all to enjoy
Francis ConroyFeb 20 2024, 1:17pmThanks to Liam and the kids for a great race - exceptional organisation, v friendly crowd and great weather - didn't realise the Wicklow mountains spread into Wexford !!
Jeff SwordsFeb 20 2024, 2:27pmResults are published. There was a dead battery at one point so a handful may have an incorrect time or placement so mail imraresults at gmail dot com if you think that may include you.