Irish Mountain
Running Association

Kilmac Running festival -womens night run

AuthorDateMessage
Angela FlynnOct 2 2023, 1:05pmHi all, thanks a million to all who have volunteered for this event on Friday night. We have enough volunteers but are very low on volunteers at the moment for Saturdays events -
As this event is to encourage women to experience running at night, the pace will be very manageable -please do try to encourage the women in all our lives to participate- there will be a sweeper at the back so no-one will be left behind. ( if they are worried about being too slow).The race entry fee is being donated to Bray Womens Refuge and Kilmac GAA are giving us a generous discount on the use of their clubhouse because of this.
Keelin HolmesOct 2 2023, 1:25pmLooking forward to it Angela ! This is my first mountain running event !
Angela FlynnOct 2 2023, 6:17pmAbsolutely delighted to hear that -we all remember our first run and we will look after you-hopefully the weather will play ball and we might get to enjoy the magnificent views of Bray and the sea in the dark on the descent.
Maeve FlynnOct 4 2023, 11:47amHi Angela,
I was going to volunteer for Friday night but sounds like you are OK- I could give a few hours on Saturday am if helpful?
Angela FlynnOct 5 2023, 8:05pmEvening all,
There is a film crew onsite until 6.30p.m (not for us -sorry) and there is also a football match on at the same time on the pitch(-finishing up at 7.45/8.00 pm.). Whilst its great to see the GAA grounds and clubhouse getting used so much - but it will be busy- please follow the car park marshals instructions and as the road to the GAA is fairly narrow, traffic will be an issue. If people can car pool or walk ( 10 mins ) to the GAA from Kilmac that would be really really helpful.
Mick HanneyOct 5 2023, 8:36pmAll going well we'll be using the IMRA chip timing. If you have a chip from previous races, bring it along. If you are new we'll issue you a chip as part of registration.
Natalie GrieveOct 6 2023, 10:47amHi, first time runner. How much time should we allow for sign on etc before the start. Thanks
Mick HanneyOct 6 2023, 11:40amHi Natalie, first time registration at the race is fairly quick. You’ll pick up your race no. and timing chip, assuming we are good to go with the timing system.
Regards
Mick
Lesleyann WylieOct 6 2023, 9:53pmThanks Angela and Crew for a brilliant race tonight. Great prizes, and chats at the end too. Thanks to the marshals too out on the course.
Keelin HolmesOct 6 2023, 10:16pmThank you everyone ! This was my first IMRA race and I love every minute ! Really glad I took part !