Irish Mountain
Running Association

Club 500 has a new member!

AuthorDateMessage
Brendan LawlorAug 25 2023, 12:02pmCongratulations to the newest member of Cub 500, Alan Ayling !

Alan has run a remarkable 501 races (and maybe a few more as he started before the online records began). A very popular IMRA member, he is also a dedicated committee member and very regular volunteer, and all round good egg.

However on the other side of the balance sheet , most of us will have cursed his name with some venom as we tried to negotiate the treacherous Ayling Abyss downhill section at some stage.. but he loves that notoriety and is never one to take himself too seriously.. well done Alan !
Brendan LawlorAug 25 2023, 12:03pmClub 500 .. darned typos !

He is No 4 on the all time runners list
Laura FlynnAug 25 2023, 1:06pmWell said Brendan.
Congratulations Alan.
Alan KennedyAug 25 2023, 2:04pmCongrats Alan, a remarkable achievement for you and all those in the 500 club. A bit daunting for newbies like myself but the experienced IMRA members have always been welcoming and supportive so look forward to moving up the ladder in years to come.
Richard LeahyAug 25 2023, 3:42pmwell done Alan, may you have the health and fitness to be able to do another 500
Mick HanneyAug 25 2023, 4:18pmCongrats Alan. There must be a lot of stories to be told from all those races.

I don't know how Alan does it, but he is getting better and more competitive with each passing hundred :-)

Bowing to Alan's request I'd ventured to bring back Annagh for the spring league next year.
Alan AylingAug 31 2023, 4:47pmThanks for the kind words lads. A lot of fun had and great times shared with great people over those years.
Maybe 500 is a sign of having nothing more important or useful to do?!
And Brendan, rest assured I curse myself repeatedly during each Abyss race :-)
Peter BellSep 4 2023, 8:41amCongrats Alan, Mountain legend & absolute gent!
Caoimhin MacMaolainSep 5 2023, 10:46amCongratulations Alan! Good to see that there is a clear link between experience and performance - both going in the right direction for you. Fantastic achievement by a fantastic person!
Paul MahonSep 5 2023, 10:52amCongrats on the milestone Alan, keeping the competitive edge going well still and giving back in terms of work as a race volunteer, committee member and all :-)