Irish Mountain
Running Association

Log na Coille

AuthorDateMessage
Leo MahonJul 20 2023, 4:21amThis Irish Championship is happening on Sunday 30th July I’m sending out the call for a few volunteers especially a summit marshal
Leo MahonJul 22 2023, 1:56pmWe need a first aider 2 for registration / finish
2 for car parking / finish and a summit marshal
The pot holes up to the start are getting bigger so driving to the start is problematic so it will be manual timing
Phil behanJul 22 2023, 8:25pmI’m happy to help out Leo. Would it be ok to take on a running volunteer role ?
Leo MahonJul 23 2023, 10:27amPerfectly ok Phil
Alan KennedyJul 25 2023, 12:22pmWhen is entry window open?
Alan KennedyJul 25 2023, 3:14pmIt's ok, I see it's open now.
Leo MahonJul 25 2023, 8:12pmEntries are coming in and will close 6pm Saturday 29th
But we are very short on volunteers we need Summit Marshall First Aider and 2 or 3 for for registration and car parking
Laura FlynnJul 25 2023, 9:06pmI’ve just added my name Leo. I can do summit Marshall if that helps.
Brian FarrenJul 25 2023, 9:19pmSorry Leo, had to unvolunteer.
John AhernJul 25 2023, 9:30pmHi. I have volunteered. Have hurt my back so got to stay at ground level. Can't do the summit.
Deirdre GalvinJul 25 2023, 11:24pmI have added my name to the volunteer list. But I am running the race, so probably registration if possible.
Leo MahonJul 26 2023, 7:06amThanks Laura.Deirdre John for volunteering you can have your preferred jobs
Leo MahonJul 26 2023, 7:17amSorry there is no junior race Martha Moore because it’s not a fully marked course
Can I point you to Sunday 6th August the trial race for the B&I junior championships on Camaderry
Leo MahonJul 26 2023, 1:05pmThanks very much Brian for letting me know maybe next year
Laura FlynnJul 27 2023, 5:38pmHi Leo, unfortunately I’ll have to bow out of summit marshal as my Achilles is giving me trouble and I’m going to do what my physio says for a change. I can still help at start and finish or whatever else you need though. Hopefully someone else will step into summit role.
Mick HanneyJul 27 2023, 8:04pm@Leo - Happy to do summit marshal if you wish.
Mick HanneyJul 28 2023, 9:01amConfirmed with Leo I'll do summit.
Laura FlynnJul 28 2023, 10:58amThat’s great Mick, thanks for stepping in.
Graham K. BusheJul 28 2023, 12:41pmIt will be more "running up" than "stepping in" ;-)
Phil behanJul 29 2023, 10:35amApologies Leo, I won’t make the race tomorrow. Forgot all about the Dubs match. Apologies again and hope it goes well.
Graham K. BusheJul 29 2023, 10:54amNo excuses Phil.
Sure you'll have loads of time! Race starts at 1, and thow-in isn't until 3:30
Ha ha
Sinéad O'MalleyJul 29 2023, 8:44pmI’m after missing the entry (thought it closed at 8!). Really keen to race, is there anything I can do!?
Leo MahonJul 30 2023, 12:00amSorry Sinead I can’t do anything at this time
Alan KennedyJul 30 2023, 6:07pmMassive thanks to Leo and crew for my first open mountain race and was some adventure. Special thanks to Graham B for his help when I got lost and also to Mick for doing the summit today I such poor conditions. The cold was nice for us to cool down after the climb but not for him to be standing around. Such a different type of race to the Wed leagues and lots of things to take away but fabulous experience and great buzz in Fentons after especially as the All Ireland match had just started.
Deirdre GalvinJul 30 2023, 6:53pmA wet, windy yet wonderful gallop up (well, maybe a trot up) and down Log today. Thank you so much to Leo and all the volunteers for a great day in the hills.
John McAuleyJul 30 2023, 7:18pmNot much in the way of views but a fine day. So fine, in fact, that I set out to the SW off Lug, to explore the delights of Slievemaan. I had to come to a stop, and spend some quality time with the (mandatory!) map and compass, which set me right. I could still be up there otherwise. Thanks to all the organisers for al their efforts, which involved a lot of standing around in the rain.
Leo MahonJul 31 2023, 6:13amThere are no words I can find to thank the volunteers today Graham Laura John Nicky Mathew Ben 2 Deirdre’s and Orla John’s daughter and especially to Mick Hanney who braved the elements on the summit and to Gavan Doherty when things started to go wrong
I’ll be writing a race report on all that happened today but thankfully it finished all well
Michael McSweeneyJul 31 2023, 7:22amThanks to Leo and his meitheal for another great day out in the hill.
Andrew TeesJul 31 2023, 9:57amThanks to all the volunteers for yesterday's race, another great day out for the Irish champs!
Ken CowleyJul 31 2023, 10:00amA big thank you to Leo, Mick, Laura and all the other volunteers for arranging and managing what was (for us) a hugely fun and epic run up and down Lug, genuine proper Irish mountain running (is it really July??) and what must have been (for them) a challenging day to manage a championship race. Probably will be my only IMRA race of 2023, glad I picked a classic!
Brian FureyJul 31 2023, 10:55amThanks Leo and all for the race yesterday. It was over before we knew it!
Alan KennedyJul 31 2023, 2:01pm"It was over before we knew it!", maybe for some Brian but some us got more value for our money ;-)
Rene BorgJul 31 2023, 3:04pmI ended up with an extra chip somehow yesterday - it's marked 'D' in black marker. If anyone is missing it - give me a shout here.
Deirdre GalvinJul 31 2023, 4:39pmHi Rene, that's mine I think. No idea how you ended up with it
. Maybe on the seat of my car coming back along the lane? Would it be an imposition to have you post it? I can send you my address through Facebook or email.
Mick HanneyJul 31 2023, 5:29pmLug marshal report.
Headed up via Ballineddan - a more direct (5k) route to the top from a car parking spot - a route I'd love to see a race on. Mist and light rain to begin with, rain got heavier the higher you went, and by the time I got to the summit cairn it was low visibility (50m perhaps) and steady rain. Zero shelter at the summit didn't help, but at least the field of runners inc. early starters came through in good order.
Had a good phone signal which was a bonus so got to check-in with Leo a few times. Everything was wet, so zero chance of recording any race numbers at the top. Would have liked to get a few photos etc too but zero chance of that also. Relied on keeping a mental note of the runners coming through until we got to the expected no. of runners.
After the last competitor passed, I was glad to head back to the car and get into dry clothes. On the descent from Lug it was nice to start moving again. Fair play to the runners battling the elements. Not easy in those conditions.
Rene BorgJul 31 2023, 7:14pmNot at all Deirdre - just send your address to rene dot borg at outlook dot ie and I will post it.
Tim GrummellAug 2 2023, 4:04pmAny results please?