Irish Mountain
Running Association

Online entries

AuthorDateMessage
Mick HanneyApr 7 2023, 1:31pmHi,

Can we seek to introduce some consistency please in the opening up of events for sale in the shop.

At the moment there are events towards the tail end of April, and into May on sale, but yet events next Weds (Belmont) or next weekend (Aughavannagh) are not on sale? Belmont only gets 2 or 3 days for online sales, compared to weeks for other events. Hardly seems right - for the organiser or the runner who may miss the short online window.

There must be a way to automate the opening up for sale with the event date, so that the event is available say 2 weeks beforehand. At the moment this requires one of the committee doing this on an event by event basis.

As an RD of a couple of events I'd be a lot happier with an event open at least 10 days beforehand, so you have a better idea of numbers, as the numbers can dictate the event logistics down to how many volunteers you need and how much food is needed, if any, afterwards etc.

Currently the 'for sale' date isn't something that is in the RD's control. If it was in the RDs control or was automated with a couple of weeks window I think it would be more more satisfactory.

Cheers,

Mick
Philip NeevesMay 3 2023, 5:20pmI signed up to Ardgillan but I can't make it now unfortunately. It was to be my first IMRA race so I inderstand this would have been when I collect my number which I then keep - if I don't collect it this time is there an alternative way to collect my number for future events?
Andreas KuschMay 3 2023, 6:03pmNew numbers are in the RD kit. Just collect it at your first race - whenever that is.
Michael McSweeneyMay 3 2023, 6:04pmPhilip,
You can collect your 2023 number at your next (first race).