Irish Mountain
Running Association

Mullaghmeen

AuthorDateMessage
Laurence BriodyFeb 6 2023, 9:06amHi All.
Mullaghmeen race is just over 2weeks away.
We are looking for a laptop operator..
Laurence BriodyFeb 14 2023, 10:22pmWe are still looking for a laptop operator folks..
Mick HanneyFeb 20 2023, 11:18amHi Laurence,

I am hoping to get to your race. That could facilitate gear pick-up from you. Or can organise after to pick-up.

Cheers

Mick
Laurence BriodyFeb 20 2023, 12:41pmThat would be great thanks Mick..
We still looking for a laptop operator folks race cannot go ahead without one and Entries open tomorrow...
Conor O'FarrellFeb 20 2023, 10:22pmI can take care of the laptop at reg, but would really like to run this one.

If anyone would like a live training session on using the laptop, I can show you all you need to know on the day to get it set up for the finish line.

Con
Joseph BoyleFeb 21 2023, 12:54pmLaurence/Mick, I've all the kit with the exception of the laptop and timing mat, that Conor has. I can get the gear there by 10:30 on Saturday morning if that suits. Otherwise if you have someone in Dublin over the next few days you can organise for them to collect it from me. There's a fair bit of kit to transfer and I think it's a rule that it's all to be kept together. I'll purchase an online entry this evening and you'll have my mobile number from that.
Richard NunanFeb 21 2023, 8:47pmSounds good Conor - I'll pick that up for you while your out galivanting.

@Laurence, i think that's you covered. Hopefully people are using this as a re-start the season race and will volunteer at another event instead.

We need our volunteers !
keith o brienFeb 21 2023, 9:16pmhey lads, running my first imra race with ye on saturday, is there anything in particular i need to do ? should i have a number or do i get that from ye ?
Laurence BriodyFeb 21 2023, 10:23pmConor that's great thanks I should have 1or2 students for you to show laptop..
Judy cheers for bringing down the kit 10.30 is fine all will be setup ready for registration..
Hey Richard yes that's us all sorted now. Volunteers are essential to Imra..
Thanks to all who Volunteered so far this year..
Hi Keith you need to buy a years membership with IMRA. Then buy an entry for each race. You will pick up number the morning of the race and keep it for the year. Great to see new people signing up to mountain running.. great races crack scenery and places you might never go or see.. Not to forget the joyful pain.....Look forward to seeing you all..
Joseph BoyleFeb 23 2023, 7:51pmLaurence, I don't think there's any spare forms in the kit and I've no access to a printer tomorrow. Could you download your own from the website or get someone to do it? Reg and Voucher forms as well as the Finisher sheets.
Laurence BriodyFeb 23 2023, 9:16pmI will sort that Jodie thanks for the heads up..
Ticket purchase closes 2m at 6pm folks get your quick for one hell of a race in the Midlands and take In the highest summit in westmeath..
REBECCA CAROLANFeb 24 2023, 4:41pmDo we need to activate the chip beforehand at each race?
Conor O'FarrellFeb 24 2023, 9:19pmYes. You must scan your chip in before every race. Not doing so will mean you are not entered into the results.
REBECCA CAROLANFeb 24 2023, 9:34pmGreat, thanks Conor.
Alan KennedyFeb 25 2023, 3:43pmThanks to Lawrence and all the volunteers for a great race and the food and drink after was most welcome. Alan
Mick HanneyFeb 25 2023, 6:38pmTodays event was a treat. Thanks Laurence and crew.
Mullaghmeen is such a lovely spot
Laurence BriodyFeb 25 2023, 8:15pmHey All. Another successful race in Mullaghmeen.. course was nice and dry so a lot of fast times.
Massive Thanks to all who Volunteered would not happen without you..
Eoin HamiltonFeb 26 2023, 11:44amThanks for a great race. What a course! But that last big hill will haunt me for a while.
Declan KennyFeb 27 2023, 11:37amQuick one to say thanks for a great day out, and for welcoming this 'flat-earther' to the hills, mountains and trails of Ireland. That was my first IMRA event, and it won't be my last. Míle buíochas to the event organisers and crew.
Becky QuinnFeb 27 2023, 8:15pmThanks to Lawrence and all the volunteers for the race on Saturday. Mullaghmeen is a lovely course that has it all and one of the best on the calendar. The all-out feast at the end is always welcome. It was a nice one to earn the 100 there too!! I’m not on Facebook but I‘ve been shown some really lovely comments from people, so thanks everyone. I hadn’t realised anyone else was tracking it so it’s really nice to celebrate it with everyone. Here’s to the next 100 :) :) but to be honest here’s to running and racing in the hills with a great bunch of people.
Sarah BradyFeb 27 2023, 9:32pmCongrats Becky, really epic milestone. Lots more to come too!!
Conor NolanFeb 27 2023, 11:25pmI'm not on Facebook either, so I'll say it here -
Congrats on your Century Becky. Amazing achievement.
I'm still only an IMRA blow-in, but we've had some good battles over the last few years. You're a great competitor.
Here's to the next 100.
Mike JordanFeb 28 2023, 1:34pmWow 100 IMRA race wins - congratulations Becky!!
Winning 49% of the races you enter is an incredibly impressive achievement too!
John BellFeb 28 2023, 2:37pmFantastic achievement Becky. Keep it going.
Deirdre GalvinFeb 28 2023, 3:34pmBecky,

You're some operator! Massive well done to you on the milestone.

Deirdre
Marcus BishopApr 5 2023, 9:46pmHi there, just noticed my result showed up as DNF on the results for Mullaghmeen. Finished 5th (I think). Race number 1686. Don't suppose it could be checked out, if the paper trail still exists! Chip was on shoe. Cheers, Marcus