Irish Mountain
Running Association

Registration Process and Chip Timing

AuthorDateMessage
Conor O'FarrellJun 20 2022, 10:28amHi All

I just want to reiterate to the members the importance of co-operating with the registration process for IMRA races.

It is imperative that you follow this process for every race, for your safety and the safety an consideration of the volunteers.

1. Regardless of whether you have already signed up on line or not, you must sign-in at registration for every race. This is to ensure we know you are at the race and we have contact details for you in the event we do not have a record of you returning.

2. Regardless of whether you have already signed up on line or not, and if chip-timing is in place, you must also register with the laptop to ensure you are electronical recorded and your chip/tag is correctly assigned and functional. Again, this is to double-check that everyone has returned safely.

3. You should retain your race chip and race no. to re-use at the next race. If you do not have your chip or bib with you, you will need to purchase a new one available in the online shop(or take a punch from your precious voucher). We have had a fairly soft approach on this until now, but we will be expecting people to prove payment from here on out.

We had a situation at Brockagh last week where 5 runners did not register with the laptop. One of these runners was in the last few crossing the line. There was the potential for us closing the finish line and going home, not realising that there was someone still on the mountain and potentially lost or injured.

Please be considerate of the registration process, the volunteers and yourself when racing. We are on open mountain and woodland, where it is possible to make a wrong turn and get lost.

Many thanks
Con
David PowerAug 4 2022, 4:22pmReminder for everyone to re-read this post about registration - it's a 2 step process on the night - you should visit 2 tables, the second being the laptop table with the chip reader. We had about 5-6 runners last night who did not register with the laptop before the race and then crossed the finish line. This creates extra risks if you get into trouble on the course and we don't know you're out there, plus we have to manually update results a bit.
Ciaran McAleenanNov 17 2022, 9:28amQuick question. I have my chip from 2021. Do I need to buy a new one for 2022?
Ciarán
Declan McGuinnessNov 17 2022, 9:49amHi folks, just a quick question. Ive signed up for the membership and registered for Powercourt ridge race. Will I get a chip and race number at this or posted out to me or do i need to do anything else? Cheers, Dec.
Graham K. BusheNov 17 2022, 9:50am@ Ciaran. You can re-use your chip. Make sure to get it scanned before the race.
g
Graham K. BusheNov 17 2022, 9:54am@ Declan. You can collect your race number (3145) and timing chip at registration. Bring your confirmation email.
g
Declan McGuinnessNov 17 2022, 10:04amPerfect thanks Graham
Ciaran McAleenanNov 24 2022, 4:19pmThank you Graham.
Olivier PapinNov 24 2022, 10:46pmHi, new to the IMRA & first time registered and bought the Glanageenty marathon, just checking if I will collect my race number and timing chip on the day or would it be posted? Thank
Niamh AbeytaNov 25 2022, 6:27pmHi Olivier,
You will get your number and chip on race day in Glanageenty.
Brendan O'MahonyApr 7 2023, 2:09pmHi, I registered a few weeks ago and hoping to run in some of the races this year. I last did an IMRA event in 2014, so just wondering do I need to also purchase a chip now as well or is that included in the membership and I just collect at my first race ? I can't recall whether they were even in use for IMRA events back in 2014 but wither way I don't have one now. Thanks Brendan
Kevin O'RiordanApr 7 2023, 2:41pmHey Brendan,

Your first chip is included in your membership. You only need to pay if you lose your chip and need a replacement. As far as I remember, it was some time after 2014 when we started trialling the chips so you should be good.
Brendan O'MahonyApr 7 2023, 2:46pmThanks Kevin.
Diana Whelan PorterApr 17 2023, 4:21pmHi,
I have just re-registered for this year and for the Scalp race - just wondering do we get a new chip for the year, or should we bring along last year's if we have it?

Thanks,
Diana
Conor O'FarrellApr 17 2023, 9:23pmHi Diana

If you have a chip, please bring it along. Your chip is for life. :-)

Con
Michael McSweeneyApr 17 2023, 9:48pmLife is a long time to carry a chip.
Conor O'FarrellApr 17 2023, 11:22pmIndeed Michael, indeed it is! ;-)
Brendan LawlorApr 18 2023, 7:55amUnless its a chip on your shoulder..
Declan O'SullivanApr 27 2023, 4:02pmHey, I did my first IMRA race last night, Prince Williams Seat. Absolutely loved it but I’m not showing up in the results. Don’t mind that at all but just want to make sure I’m not doing anything wrong!
Dec O’Sullivan, 2620
Conor O'FarrellApr 27 2023, 5:20pm@ Declan, got you sorted. Your chip didn't register coming over the finish mat, but I found you in the finish sheets.

FYI, you should generally visit 2 desks for each race.
1st is reg desk where you will be check against a list, 2nd is laptop to scan in (assuming it it a chip-timed race, which is most races in the Wicklow region).

Con
Declan O'SullivanApr 27 2023, 6:14pmAh thanks Con! Hope that wasn’t trouble for you, just wanted to make sure I was on the right track for the future.