Killiney Hill Relay Charity Race
- Wednesday 5 April, 2023
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 3 (1,1,1) - Easy Terrain, <200M ascent, <6Km
- Race Marking:
- - Only major junctions marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- The route follows a lovely loop up past the Obelisk on top of Killiney Hill, around the incredibly scenic seaview path, before ascending to the castle on top of Dalkey Hill.
For young children, we will have a follow the string race that will be approximately 400m long
- Getting There:
- Registration takes place in the main Dalkey/Killiney Hill car park. This is a twelve minute walk from Dalkey Dart station, a 5 minute walk from the 59 bus stop (top of Killiney Road) and there is plenty of parking available too.
- Organisers Instructions:
- This is a great fun event for all levels and ages. Everybody is most welcome. It is a non competitive, fun evening suitable for all ages as we will have a special string course for young children.
Children who are under 12 years of age need to be accompanied by a parent during their leg of the relay. If the parent wishes, they are welcome to run a leg by themselves too on their own team.
All proceeds from the race go to the charity - ie. no costs are deducted, every penny of your money goes to charity ie. no costs are deducted - every penny goes to charity.
If you are new to hillrunning, it will be a great way to get to know some people and give hill running a go. The teams of three are picked at random on the night.
Check in is at the Main Killiney / Dalkey Hill Car Park and will close at 7.15 sharp to allow time for the teams to be allocated.
PLEASE NOTE THAT RACE VOUCHERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THIS RACE. Only advance pre registration is available as all the money goes to the charity.
- Prizegiving Location:
- We will have a few refreshments and prizegiving at the finishline.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize