- Race to top of Galtymore and back over peaks of Cush and Galtybeg
- Sunday 1 August, 2021
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 3 (1,1,1) - Easy Terrain, <200M ascent, <6Km
- Race Marking:
- - Only major junctions marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Munster Championship
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Organisers Instructions:
- This race at 13 km long with 1340m climb and over some rough open mountain terrain should not be taken lightly. It is suitable for experienced mountain runners only. Appropriate clothing should be carried (see mandatory kit list below). The route is not marked. Runners must be capable of navigating the route individually. The field is likely to spread out quickly, so following the runner in front will not be an option.
Early start will be 11.00
Mandatory Kit Requirement:
The following items must be brought to registration by all athletes:
- Windproof Jacket
- Face Mask/Buff
The race director will decide on the day what kit must be carried.Runners failing to carry the mandatory kit as defined by the race director on race day for the duration of the race will be disqualified.
Under IMRA rules for competitor's safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
IMRA MEMBERSHIP PROCEDURE FOR 2021!
All competitors must be IMRA members. IMRA membership costs €10 for a calendar year. It is unrelated to membership of other athletic clubs. IMRA membership cannot be purchased at the race, you must follow these steps beforehand:
- Login to your myimra" account on www.imra.ie. If you don't have an account"
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize