European & Youths Trials
- Saturday 7 June, 2014
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 7 (2,3,2) - Moderate Terrain, >500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Senior men (3 laps): 9480m / 621m climb
Senior women & Junior men (2 laps): 6480m / 428m climb
Junior women & Youths (1 lap): 3480m / 235m climb
The run in to the start of the lap is 480m with 42m climb. The lap is 3,000m with 193m climb (the track up the gully is 520m with 134m climb).
All races will start just above the car park and finish where the lap ends (not at the start).
- Getting There:
- Crone Wood Car Park, Glencree/Enniskerry, Co Wicklow Grid O 192 142. Leave the motorway at Kilmacanogue on the Wexford road to take the road towards Roundwood; turn right towards Enniskerry around 800m from Wexford motorway; follow the signs towards the Waterfall. The start is around 1200m beyond the entrance to Powerscourt waterfall.
- Organisers Instructions:
- The trial will be used, along with other criteria, to select the teams for the International Youth Cup.
Registration opens at 10:40 and closes at 11:45 (can volunteers arrive at 10:30).
Youths (1997-1998), Juniors (1995-1998) and Senior women start at 12:00. Senior men start at 12:10
Start is at junction just above upper car park barrier. Run towards waterfall. Around 100m after first left turn, turn right onto a narrow trail along the left bank of a gully. Go straight across first forest road then cross gully as you approach the end of forest on the right side of gully (just before second track). Cut through trees onto grass path which initially climbs then long descent on forest roads back to start of lap.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize