Hat and Gloves
Bumbag with chocolate/biscuits
Your own water

Map - Compass - Whistle

Give yourselves plenty of time to enter and get to the start. It will take
at least 10/15 minutes to get there.

There will be NO enties after 12.30pm

Take ALL your rubbish home with you - gel wrappers etc

Early Starters can go from 12.30 but please let me know before you go.

Race registration will open at 10.30 outside Fentons.
Mick HanneyJun 27 2012, 9:42pmVivian, I'll summit marshall for you.
Regards,
Mick
Ercus StewartJun 28 2012, 6:29amVivian, well done last eve. lucky stayed dry!
as mentioned, i will be volunteer / runner. Ercus
estewart - at - lawlibrary.ie
Amidou dembeleJun 28 2012, 7:57pmHi,
I would like to run Lug na coille on saterday. Anyone driving from dublin to give me a lift?
Many thanks in advance,

Amidou
Ken CowleyJun 29 2012, 9:23amHi Amidou,

I'm driving to the race from Fairview.
The race is at 1pm, but I might do the early start at 12.30, so want to be there for 12ish, therefore leaving Fairview at 11.4.
Driving through the city centre, down the quays and out to M50. Where do you live?
Anyone else need a lift?
Ken
085 7129060
kencowley@ireland.com
Jeff FitzsimonsJun 29 2012, 2:08pmAmidou, I'll be leaving Rathfarnham around 11, if that suits you any better. I will not be driving back after the race, but you should get a lift home no worries. Or the alternative is to run back to Glendalough with me and a few others after the race and get a lift back from me then!

So you have a decision to make, Amidou. We'll know who is your favourite based on it!

If that suits anyone else let me know.

Jeff
Amidou dembeleJun 29 2012, 6:11pmThanks Ken, Jeff,

Ken, I'll go with Jeff then as I also live in Rathfarnham. Jeff, let say I made my decision based on efficiency:),my mobile is 0870542042, please text me where I can meet you.

See you all tomorrow!

Amidou
Jeff FitzsimonsJun 29 2012, 6:23pmDropped you a text, Amidou.

Given the speed of Amidou and the fact I am practically guaranteeing myself a place lower by facilitating his racing do I get a spot prize or volunteer role against my name? :)
Ronan HickeyJun 30 2012, 5:49pmGreat race guys! Boggy but brilliant. Much thanks as always to Vivian and all his volunteers, especially for the far marshal Rachel holding a tough spot in that mist and rain!

Ro
Ercus StewartJun 30 2012, 7:25pmhi, agreed, well done Vivian. a good race again. Ercus
Brian FureyJun 30 2012, 8:03pmHi,
thanks to Vivian and the guys for putting on a great race.Special mentions goes to Rachael on the summit taking numbers, Mick Hanney on Camara Hill. John Shiels was there on the summit as well. Fast descent even in the wet.
Name might have changed to Log na Coille but its still the same race :)
Cheers,
Brian
Ken CowleyJun 30 2012, 8:39pmAmazing race, very well organised and with the usual relaxed 'IMRA at the weekend' atmosphere.
I recce'd it about 6 weeks ago, when it was very dry, was a different beast today after such a wet June, very sloshy and boggy in places, but no less fun for that!
Roll on Mount Leinster!
Jeff FitzsimonsJun 30 2012, 8:47pmGreat fun today, the muck and sh1te only added to the occasion. As ever, IMRA deliver the best value and fun racing in the country.
John ShielsJun 30 2012, 8:52pmHa, I was at the summit before you Brian because I started at 12.30!
Still got some photos of most of the people in the race which I'll upload now
J
David BellJun 30 2012, 8:57pmThanks from all at Mourne Runners for a great race, especially the marshals on the summits in the mist and drizzle - definitely well worth the trip from Co Down. Hopefully the hen party in Fentons is going well!
Mick HanneyJun 30 2012, 9:14pm1st 2 descenders.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PscKtvZ-E80&feature=channel&list=UL
Vivian O'GormanJun 30 2012, 9:52pmThank you to everybody for today including the volunteers and especially Rachel.
I think she even got a soaking just after she set out!

I have been trying to work out the Summit placings. As you all know since Carrauntoohil the King/Queen of the Mountains competition will be on a points basis this year. Unfortunately the pages got a bit wet ( definitely NOT Rachels fault!)so here are the first 20 - subject to confirmation.

1. Brian Furey
2. Stephen Cunningham
3. Stephen Cleary
4. Mike Cunningham
5. Jeff Fitzimons
6. Tom Blackburn
7. Clive Bailey
8. Bernard Fortune
9. Ashton Farrell
10. Paul Tierney
11. Keith Ryan
12. Amidou Dembele
13. Mark Sheridan
14. Dermot Murphy
15. Gerry Lalor
16. Roy Donaldson
17. Eugene McCann
18. Damien Kelly
19. Torben Dahl
20. Ger Griffin

23. Helen White

I will keep at it and get as much as I can up during the week
Vivian O'GormanJun 30 2012, 9:52pmThank you to everybody for today including the volunteers and especially Rachel.
I think she even got a soaking just after she set out!

I have been trying to work out the Summit placings. As you all know since Carrauntoohil the King/Queen of the Mountains competition will be on a points basis this year. Unfortunately the pages got a bit wet ( definitely NOT Rachels fault!)so here are the first 20 - subject to confirmation.

1. Brian Furey
2. Stephen Cunningham
3. Stephen Cleary
4. Mike Cunningham
5. Jeff Fitzimons
6. Tom Blackburn
7. Clive Bailey
8. Bernard Fortune
9. Ashton Farrell
10. Paul Tierney
11. Keith Ryan
12. Amidou Dembele
13. Mark Sheridan
14. Dermot Murphy
15. Gerry Lalor
16. Roy Donaldson
17. Eugene McCann
18. Damien Kelly
19. Torben Dahl
20. Ger Griffin

23. Helen White

I will keep at it and get as much as I can up during the week
Mick HanneyJun 30 2012, 10:01pmAnother bit of footage.

http://youtu.be/iQSHR359bKo
aidan roeJun 30 2012, 10:53pmVivian
a super race today.well done to you and volunteers for making it happen.the hostess were a lovely touch at the prize giving. some seemed to enjoy them more than others. lads from munster and ulster add to occasion as well.
thanks
Aidan
John AhernJun 30 2012, 11:21pmI particularly like the kisses that now seem to be available for the winner. This could be the motivation I need to get me on the podium soon.
Will the girls be back for future races??
Vivian O'GormanJul 6 2012, 5:27pmSummit Positions now up under race report.

There are two runners missing from list:

Brian Wilson race number 1195
Derek Livingston race number 125

Will put them in if they know who was in front or behind them - for a price!!

Any mistakes let me know and will rectify - good word eh!!
Brian WilsonJul 6 2012, 7:54pmVivian, I was at the summit behind Eugene McCann. Great race, see you at Mweelrea.
Vivian O'GormanJul 6 2012, 8:58pmThanks Brian you're in