Irish Mountain
Running Association

Djouce trail

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Lindie NaughtonAug 1 2011, 4:43pmFolks - no panic yet, but we're gonna need the following:
1. Lap top operator (and helper if poss)
2. First aider
3. Two/three course marshalls
Early application secures the job!
PS: Thanks Vivian for volunteering to mark the course.
Lindie NaughtonAug 4 2011, 12:01pmJunior race will take in the smaller circuit used at the Djouce H'cap down the years about 4km).
Brendan DelaneyAug 14 2011, 1:49pmLindie, I can help with marshalling. Brendan
Lindie NaughtonAug 15 2011, 2:51pmThanks all for volunteering to help.
Four of us ran the course on Saturday; it's about 7.7km (Garmin) long, thanks to the short cuts on the zig-zag part. A few branches need lopping and it's a bit wet here and there, but otherwise good for fast times.
The junior course will keep straight when the main race turns right, head for the ex-lake, then rejoin the senior course with a sharp left turn on to the steep uphill there. It's long for youngsters (4-5km?), but fast once you get over that uphill. Plus great views of the waterfall.
PS One question - do I need to talk to the Coilte man re the barrier?
Lindie NaughtonAug 15 2011, 2:56pmGlencormac Inn confirmed for prizegiving.
Mike GommAug 16 2011, 10:51amHi Lindy,Can do the 1st aid job if I do my usual ultra early start. I volunteered for same last week but the 1st aid bag did not arrive.i had the mini box and my own stuff but I lacked some of most useful stuff such as cool packs. All Best Mike.
Eavan CaseyAug 16 2011, 11:10amHi, Couldn't get my details on the Carpool section properly!Leaving from UCD tomorrow at 6.15.Have space for three.If anyone needs a lift,just email me at eavanDOTcasey1ATgmailDOTcom.
Tim GrummellAug 16 2011, 3:24pmHi Mike, I'm happy enough to do 1st Aid, but the firstaid bag would certainly be helpful ha! Does anyone know the whereabouts of it?
Dermot MurphyAug 16 2011, 4:18pmI have the first aid kit and will be there tomorrow.
derek livingstoneAug 16 2011, 7:38pmHi Lindie,

Can you put myself & Dave Brady for helpers runners for tomorrow night,

Regards Derek Livingstone
henny brandsmaAug 17 2011, 8:44amHi Lindey.
Will be coming to tonights race,but wil not be arriving earlyer than 7 o'clock,could help with finish or marshall somewere in beginning of race.
Regards Henny.
Sarah EftongaAug 17 2011, 10:48amAre there any other volunteers driving from city centre/south Dublin DART or Luas stops this evening, leaving early enough to be there for 6? Could you drop me an email if so sarah.eftonga@gmail.com. Thanks.
Gerard CunninghamAug 17 2011, 11:14amHi Sarah - I sent you an email If anyone else wants an early lift I plan to leave Balally Luas stop at 5.30pm 087-636 9461
Sarah EftongaAug 17 2011, 11:45amCheers Gerrard, I got it and will be there at Ballaly luas at 5.30. Sorry no mobile, so couldnt text you back.
Lindie NaughtonAug 17 2011, 4:48pmThanks Henny - yes, we need a few marshals, so your offer gratefully accepted. See you all later.
Lindie NaughtonAug 17 2011, 4:49pm...also Derek and Dave; sorry, only noticed mail now.
Dermot MurphyAug 17 2011, 11:07pmMany thanks to Lindie and helpers for organising a very enjoyable race this evening - it was a beautiful evening for it!
Mick HanneyAug 17 2011, 11:15pm+1 all. Thanks.

Nice one John Ahern. Podium spot!
Lindie NaughtonAug 18 2011, 12:57pmThanks to everyone who helped out last night in perfect conditions for running - course marker Vivian, lap top operators John and Sarah, marshals Henny, Padraig, Brendan D, start/finish team Aoife, Gerry, Derek, Dave, Tim (also first aid), Kieran, and possibly one or two I'm missing. Also to the Glencormac Inn for its hospitality and to Tim O'Regan of Coillte.
So do we revive the Djouce Handicap over the same route? If so, any thoughts on dates?
Paul O'GradyAug 18 2011, 2:18pmThanks to Lindie and the team for last night - good fast race and a great evening for it.

What would be interesting would be to run the route in reverse the following wednesday and see if the times would be any different!!
Brían O'MearaAug 18 2011, 3:51pmIs this the earls drive race from a couple of years ago?
Lindie NaughtonAug 18 2011, 6:08pmYes - Tim and Suzanne Wallis (Djouce Djoggers) organised it for 10 years, handed it over to Crusaders for 15 years (me as RD most of the time), then another club agreed to take over in 2009, except the race didn't happen when snow intervened. Dermot suggests a date in November; might have to be a Saturday since our friends in the Glencormac Inn have (or had...?) a decent Sunday lunch trade.
laura flynnAug 20 2011, 12:38pmThanks to Lindie and her team for organising a really enjoyable race on Wed night-it's a great course with lots of fast running on it...though it's the only race I've done where I was willing the downhill to end!
Lindie NaughtonAug 24 2011, 7:06pmHave spent today updating fixtures and at the moment December 17 is free if we wanted to revive the h'cap. Of course, that will prob change!
Claire McEnteeAug 25 2011, 4:51pmThanks a million for a great race, really well marshalled, great craic, fabulous location and a thouroughly enjoyable 3 weeks of races, not sure I can go back to road running after that :)