Irish Mountain
Running Association

David Foundation Hellfire Race

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Ger PowerAug 16 2010, 4:00pmHi

I badly need volunteers for this race. I need a lap top operator, a first aider and many more. I know it is late in the season but I would appreciate you support.

Car pooling will be from The Merry Ploughboy.

Thanks

Ger

Ger PowerAug 17 2010, 11:47amHi Orla, Mary, Kieran

Thanks for volunteering, do any of you know how to use the computer or first aid? My mobile no is 0877957146.

Thanks

Ger

seamus kilcullenAug 17 2010, 12:13pmHi Ger,
I'd like to volunteer,not running ,jogging or walking.
Seamus Kilcullen
seamus kilcullenAug 17 2010, 12:17pmHad a senior moment there Ger.
What pub are we going to afterwards?
Ger PowerAug 17 2010, 4:21pmHi Seamus

Thanks for volunteering. We are going to the Merry Poughboy.
John FitzgeraldAug 17 2010, 5:57pmBe delighter to help you Ger at this race.
John FitzgeraldAug 17 2010, 5:57pmBe delighter to help you Ger at this race.
Ger PowerAug 18 2010, 12:02pmHi John

Thanks

Ger
Paul Brew CrewAug 18 2010, 10:02pmHi Ger,

Paul here from the Brew Crew. We are available to attend and offer our services if required - hot teas, coffees, health foods, etc.

Kind regards,

Paul.
Dónal TroddynAug 18 2010, 10:04pmHi Ger,

I spoke to you about volunteering for this race this evening. I'm happy to go as either a running or non-running volunteer, as needed.

I can't access myImra to volunteer directly. It seems to get a password, I need to give it my mobile number, which it doesn't accept. If anyone can help me with this, please e-mail donal@troddyn.net.

Thanks,
Dónal
Ger PowerAug 19 2010, 3:33pmPaul, that is very good of you please do come along.

Donal, Thanks for volunteering I am afraid I cant help you with the telephone no.

I am still short a first aider, if there is one out there who would like help i would lovwe to hear from you.

Ger
Brendan LawlorAug 19 2010, 3:58pmGer

I'll do first aid for you
Ger PowerAug 20 2010, 10:57amBrendan

Thanks A million

Ger
Ger PowerAug 21 2010, 2:30pm

Please note work at the Scholarstown Road end of Stocking Lane means that Hell Fire can only be accessed by following the signed diversion (up Edmonstown Road - passing The Merry Ploughboy - crossing Mount Venus Road - and joining Killakee Road at the junction - left turn there and you are on the usual route to Hell Fire.

The Merry Ploughboy cannot facilitate car pooling so i will advise you of the venue hopefully on Monday.
Caitlín BentAug 22 2010, 7:19pmGer, If you car pool at Ahern's Pub ample car park on Old Bawn Road, Tallaght, Killakee is easily assessable up old court road and onto Killakee Road 6 mins. drive.
Caitlín BentAug 22 2010, 7:26pmOpps. also is easily accessable.
Ger PowerAug 23 2010, 2:40pmThanks Caitlin but I had already spoken to the manager of the Merry Ploughboy and he has kindly arranged for us to park in the Ballyboden Wanderers GAA Club carpark before the race so we can carpool from there. There will be some parking in the Pine Forest Car Park but we would ask single car occupants to please pool from the GAA Club.
Ger PowerAug 23 2010, 3:03pmSorry that previous message should have read the Hellfire car park.
Caroline ReidAug 24 2010, 9:28pmLast chance saloon....if you want your end of league prize, see you at the race tomorrow night - if you can't make it, make sure a friend picks it up :)

Please don't knock my van over in the rush to it tomorrow night ; D

Thank you
Caroline
Kevin O'RiordanAug 24 2010, 11:12pmHi Ger,

Do you still need marshalls for tomorrow evening? I'll probably be along but won't be running.

-Kevin.
Ger PowerAug 25 2010, 11:15amKevin

Yes i could with one or two.

Thanks

Ger
Ger PowerAug 26 2010, 3:27pmHi All,

I would like to thank all the volunteers you were great and made my role very easy.

Thank you so much for running last night the final total raised is €1055.80 which is wonderful. Don't underestimate the effect you will have on peoples life not just the beneficiary but also the three people who will be employed to build the house and their families, without this work they would most probably live on subistance farming with no cash income.

Thank you I really appreciate your support.

Caitlín BentAug 26 2010, 8:45pmTa fáilte rómhat Ger. Delighted to be able to play a small part in the great work done in Losoto. I love my new Losoto hat and am wearing it as a helmet on the bike until I get a new one - not:)
Go neirigh an bóthar leat.
Paul Brew CrewAug 27 2010, 5:54pmHi Ger,

Many thanks for having us along at your race.

Kindest regards,

Paul.
Ger PowerAug 28 2010, 3:05pmPaul

Thanks for coming along

Ger