Irish Mountain
Running Association

Mountain Rescue Benefit Race

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Sarah WhippleJul 8 2010, 7:38pmHello,
I will be visiting from USA during this race and would like to participate. I cannot say I have raced many trail courses but I have run a plethera of road races. The description of this race said it would be good for first timers like me :) My only question is would I be able to carpool with someone? I will be staying right in Dublin.
Regards,
Sarah Whipple
Brendan LawlorJul 12 2010, 1:15pmMountain Rescue Benefit Hill Run

Dublin Wicklow Mountain Rescue Team and the Glen of Imall Mountain Rescue Team in association with IMRA are organising an end of Season Mountain Rescue Benefit Hill Run on Wednesday August 11th 2010 at 7.30pm .

Course Length : About 5km with 200m of ascent

Race entry : €10 (all proceeds to Mountain Rescue)

As it is end of season, there will be no IMRA registration fee and new runners are most welcome. There will be several Mountain Rescue personnel from both teams in attendance so this is the race to have your tumble!

There will be race prizes, spot prizes and it promises to be a great fun night at the end of what has been a great season.

Mountain Rescue in Ireland is a voluntary service, and depends on fundraising for most of its operating income. Between the two teams we respond to about 50 callouts per annum and cover an operational area from the Cooley Mountains down to South Wicklow. Please contact Brendan Lawlor 087 2432798 or Hugh McLindon 086 8520962 if you would like more information.

Please support what we hope will be a great event in aid of a worthwhile cause
Brendan LawlorJul 12 2010, 1:17pmSarah

I am sure someone will offer you a lift closer to the race date
Síle LoughreyAug 9 2010, 2:03pmHi Sarah,

I'll be driving to the race from the centre of the city and you're welcome to jump in with me if you still need a lift.

Give me a call / text on 086-8524173

Síle
Barry StevensonAug 10 2010, 12:15pmHi,
I'm not a memeber but I'm looking to do tomorrow's race. Is it a case of turn up there with €10 or do we have to apply online?
Brendan LawlorAug 10 2010, 2:54pmBarry

Just turn up with your €10

Regards
Brendan
Oran MurphyAug 10 2010, 3:52pmHi, Apparently my name doesnt show up when someone looks to invite me to MYIMRA. Not sure why, can someone check this? Thanks.
Brendan LawlorAug 10 2010, 4:04pmFolks

Carpooling and prizegiving at Lamb Doyles
Vivian O'GormanAug 10 2010, 4:08pm
Tomorrow nights race is a short one -- up to Fairy Castle and back down
the same way -- between 5/6 km.

Bring your own water and 'miggie' spray.

Everybody is invited to run. The entry fee is 10 Euro and all entries will be
taken on the night from 6.15. ALL monies go to the Mountain Rescue.

Prizegiving afterwards is in Lamb Doyles just a few minutes down the road from
the race.

So stop thinking about it and just turn up and run!
Niall ConlonAug 10 2010, 8:45pmHi. Where exactly is the starting point for the race?
Niall
Justin ReaAug 10 2010, 10:01pmIt's at the Parking off Ticknock Road.

See <a href="http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=53.25437&lon=-6.24954&zoom=15&layers=M">this map.</a>
Caroline ReidAug 11 2010, 9:55amPlease come along between 6:15 to 7:15pm to collect end of league prizes.

This is the list of people eligible for the End of League Prize tonight:

7 races + 2 volunteering
------------------------

Niall McAlinden
Daniel Morrogh
Zoran Skrba
Eamonn Hodge
Mikey Fry
Mike Long
Suzanne Kenny
Cormac O'Ceallaigh
Rosalind Hussey
Sam Scriven
Declan Flanagan
Mirjam Allik
Susan Seager
Hazel Thompson
Henny Brandsma
Diarmuid O'Colmain
Brendan O'Connor
Felim Guinan
Roisin McDonnell
Vivian O'Gorman
John Fitzgerald
David Williams
Michelle Rowley
Wayne Jenkins
Aidan Blighe
John Maher76
Derek Livingstone
Liz Ryan
Maria O'Rourke
Aoife Quigley
Pol O'Murchu
Seamus Kilcullen
Sile Loughrey
Barry Tennyson
Sarah Steer
Charlie O'Connell
Cliona Langford
Brenda Malley
John Ahern

Others
-------

Mags Greenan
Niamh O'Ceallaigh
Aisling Coppinger
Ryan Montgomery
Gerry Brady
Laura Flynn
Paul Mahon
Brendan Lawlor
Jane Porter
Graham Porter
Joe Lalor
Phillip Brennan
Douglas Barry
Tom Blackburn
Niall Enright
Martin Francis
Paul Nolan
Isabelle Lemee
Rene Borg
Mary Collins
Mary O'Colmain
Shane Enright
Nora Lalor
James Alexander
Karen Moore
Mick Galligan
Cian Galligan
David Brady
Justin O’Keefe

ALREADY COLLECTED TO DATE according to master list from Basecamp

7 races + 2 volunteering
------------------------

Barry Minnock
Eoin Keith
Greg Byrne
Joseph Mooney
Mick Hanney
Ian O'Kane
Jeff Fitzsimons
Dermot Murphy
Amidou Dembele
Alan Collins
Paul Smyth
Conor O'Meara
Brian O'Meara
Viv Lavan
Gavan Doherty
Gareth Little
Andreas Kusch
Patrick Ryan
John Langan
John Langenbach
Eddie Daly
Eoin O'Neill
Thomas Galvin
Ken McDonagh
Jim Fitzharris
Justin Rea
Ercus Stewart
Emma Boland
Fergal Noone
Paul Whyte
Aidan Roe
Bronagh Cheetham
John Greene
Lornie O'Dwyer
Brendan Roth
Deirdre Ni Chearbhaill
Stuart Scott
James Higgins
Peter Lyons
Catherine Halpin
James Flanagan
Ger Power
Caitlin Bent
Grainne O'Brien
Brendan Doherty
Paul O'Grady
Mike Gomm
Lisa Groarke
Eavan Casey
Caoimhe Muldoon
Jean O'Neill
Eva Fairmainer
Damien Kelly
Helen Dixon

Others
-------

Richard Nunan
Kevin O'Riordan
Jimmy Synnott
Rachel Cinnsealach
Peter O'Farrell
Gearoid Towey
Justin Keatinge
John Shiels
Sarah Eftonga
Sinead Roche
Melanie Earwaker
Jason Kehoe
Finbar McGurren
Kieran Rocks
Shay Foody
Paula Rea
Cian Rea
Turlough Conway
Padraig Reilly
Damian Kelly
Moire O Sullivan
Caroline Reid

Many thanks
Caroline
Rene BorgAug 11 2010, 2:55pm
I've got the laptop since this weekend, could hte laptop operator for this race let me know how early they need it tonight ideally?
I'll be driving out of Sandyford to deliver it.
Brendan LawlorAug 11 2010, 3:02pmWould one of the existing volunteers be prepared to do the laptop? I'm not sure if any of the mountain rescue volunteers know how to do it.

It would certainly help with the results
James FlanaganAug 11 2010, 3:52pmI will do the laptop this evening.
Brendan LawlorAug 11 2010, 4:01pmThanks James. See you later
Gary CondonAug 11 2010, 10:21pmThanks to the organizers and volunteers. Great race as always. Fab views from the top, and not too many midges!
Fidelma AyresAug 11 2010, 10:38pmHear hear - well done to all involved. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
John KilAug 11 2010, 11:43pmFantastic race!
This was my first mountain of any kind after hearing about it 2 hours before it started. Thoroughly enjoyed myself.
Well done on the organisation. Can't wait to see pics and results.
Brendan LawlorAug 12 2010, 8:31amThank you to everyone who participated in last nights race - you raised over €1240 for Mountain Rescue which was fantastic.

Big thanks to Vivian, Gearoid, James and our other helpers and hope all the walking wounded get well soon. Also well done to Ger Power who completed her 200th race last night

Results to follow
John LanganAug 12 2010, 1:35pmThanks to everyone for a great race - good to see some decent money being raised for a worthy cause - Mountain Rescue got plenty of work with "victims" coming down off the BONE SHAKER :) Hope everyone's bruises and cuts are mended for next week!
Anthony MaloneAug 12 2010, 9:19pmThanks a million to all of those who gave up their time willingly to organise last nights race. It was very enjoyable and great to see so many people turn up to support the members of the Mountain Rescue Team.
Sean BroderickAug 12 2010, 11:36pmHi guys,

Super race. Even got 2 newbies to take the plunge with me! Thanks to all involved. Any sign of the race results?

Sean
Steve RyanAug 13 2010, 12:18pmAwesome race. Very much so eager to get into mountain running after Wednesday.

Have the results been published? No sign of them on the website.
Brendan LawlorAug 13 2010, 1:08pmBecause of the big volume of new runners we didn't finish doing the results on Wednesday - they will be up on the site soon I hope
Mick HanneyAug 13 2010, 3:51pmThanks for getting the results posted. I don't see Maurice Robson listed. I reckon he was top 5 and his number could have cross paths with the lady runner who is listed as being 5th? Their race numbers are very similar.
Ros O' FlynnAug 13 2010, 11:30pmI ended up taking a wrong turn on the way down the bone rattling steps near the end and running on tarmac for a stretch (about 0.5km I'd say). It was pretty spread out and I'd never been there before, and really didn't realise my mistake until i intersected the correct route again further on. Very annoying because I was at the summit in around the guys in 3rd to 5th place and ended up crossing the finish line in 3rd so I don't think I gained a whole pile by my mistake! However I'm not on the results table. Rules are rules I guess, but it's frustrating after the torture to reach the top fast, especially since it was a charity event and not a league fisture or whatever. (And I still have the leg pains to remind me of the climb!) I really enjoyed the few mountain runs I've taken part in after IMRA joining recently. Will definitely be back next year. Maybe I need more experience looking out for red and white tape etc!!
Mick HanneyAug 14 2010, 11:24amA typical imra race wouldn't have as many marshalls as were there last Weds too, so keeping the tape in sight is fairly key alright. Ticknock can be tricky marking though because of the variety of paths which cross. Other routes can be more straightforward.
Sarah WhippleAug 23 2010, 4:27amThank you to everyone who set up and ran this race! Also a special thank you to the lovely Sile whom gave me a ride to the race!!! All of you made my trip to your beautiful country wonderful and this race was absolutely my favorite part of the whole trip! Every runner should try mountain racing they will become addicted:)
Sincerely,
Sarah Whipple (your friend from Arkansas, USA)