Irish Mountain
Running Association

Belmont and Little Sugar Loaf

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Christian PerssonApr 7 2024, 9:27pmHi! I was thinking that this event could be my first ever IMRA event! Being a newcomer around these parts I have a few questions;
- How do I sign up for the event? Can't see any links or anything on the even page.
- I don't have a car myself, so can I indicate somewhere that I'd like to tag along in someone else's car? I can only see the option to make your own car available in the carpooling feature.
- Do I need to do anything to prepare more than bringing the mandatory kit and showing up at the given place and time?

Cheers,
Christian
Alan KennedyApr 7 2024, 10:58pmHi Christian, the entry for the Wednesday night races open at 0900 on the Monday of the same week. Regarding car pooling you can accept a lift from one of those that have posted up in that section or if no one is from your area you can post up a request on the event forum. Nothing else required and you will get your official number the first race you attend. Good luck.
Grace CurhamApr 22 2024, 9:44amHi guys, Is anyone carpooling and passing through Donnybrook/ surrounding area? Thanks!
Alan KennedyApr 23 2024, 8:52amWow, nearly 250 registered already.
Angela, I think we need a bigger boat!!
Jeff SwordsApr 23 2024, 10:00amMorning all,

Just to reiterate Liam's point from a couple of days ago, if you already have a chip please bring it along, even if it's from a previous year.
Our system will be undergoing a refresh and we're a bit tight on the existing chips until then.
Conall FinnApr 23 2024, 11:02amAngela/ Alan it looks like car pooling will be essential, based on the registrations so far. Some of the Kilcoole AC crew that are newer to the IMRA scene were querying if there is an early start & if so what time would that be?
Conall FinnApr 23 2024, 11:14amJust spotted on the other thread that there is an early start.
Alan KennedyApr 23 2024, 11:43amHi Conall, apologies but there are two threads going for this race but Yes there is a plan for an early start. Please remind your team mates of the criteria for the early start which is expected finish of +160% of the winners time. Last years winner was 40 mins.
Angela FlynnApr 23 2024, 12:00pmEarly start- 7.10
Louis MulleeApr 23 2024, 2:07pmJust a reminder to everyone that there is a carpool section on the race page (below the event info), there are currently 12 lifts on offer from a variety of locations. Please offer and take a lift!

If would be very helpful to the parking Marshalls,the enviornment and IMRAs carbon footprint if runners can carpool as much as possible and avoid any single occupancy cars.

There are a lot of runners registered for tomorrow so please please please Car pool!!

Also Belmont is an 18 minute cycle from Bray Dart station or a 13 minute cycle from Greystones!
Conall FinnApr 23 2024, 2:49pmThanks Angela & Alan for the info'. I have passed it on. We are all looking forward to the Wednesday evening '24 IMRA races and the weather seems to be a good deal more favourable than last years race conditions.
Brian KitsonApr 23 2024, 3:12pmThe 84x express bus is another transport option from the city centre to Belmont. It will drop you at Windgates (bray-Greystones road) which is a 20 minute walk to the start.
84x does not operate a service back into town in the evenings so you will need to make alternative arrangements to get home after the race.
Louis MulleeApr 23 2024, 9:17pmOnly 8 cars currently offering lifts on the car pooling site (with most places accepted!)

If you are not cycling, waking or getting the bus to belmont please consider making your car available for car pooling, otherwise the poor parking marshals will have to find 100s of parking spaces!
Jenny Uí ShéApr 23 2024, 10:40pmHi is there an early start?
Jenny
Mikey FryApr 24 2024, 8:33am7.10 Jenny
Jenny Uí ShéApr 24 2024, 12:17pmthanks Mikey
Maike JürgensApr 24 2024, 1:42pmLast minute carpool added. Leaving Ballycullen 17.15, passing by the Marlay Park Lidl, 1 seat going, 2 at a push, can pass through Stepaside etc if needs be.
Sinead StauntonApr 24 2024, 2:05pmI'd take a lift from the Marlay Lidl if still available?
Maike JürgensApr 24 2024, 2:27pmHi Sinead - yes, if you log in and then book through the imra carpool, it will put us in touch and share our contact details through the IMRA system so we can connect.

17.30 - see you there, 1 more person being picked up there.
Alan KennedyApr 24 2024, 3:56pmThe course is in great condition and is fast, No Mud on this one (sorry Mick).

Remember to please bring €3 in coins tonight for a speedy exit.
Kevin O'RiordanApr 24 2024, 4:01pmI have 3 free seats in my car leaving from close to Central Park Luas stop around 6pm if anyone needs a lift.
Chris AylwardApr 24 2024, 5:00pmHi, I'm new to IMRA and missed the online registration for tonight - is there any way to register in person later?
Brian KitsonApr 24 2024, 5:16pmHi Chris,
I’m afraid it is not possible to enter the race once entries have closed
Brian KitsonApr 24 2024, 10:05pmMany thanks to Angela, Alan and the team for putting on a great event, possibly the biggest Leinster League race ever? The minute silence at the start for the Dowling family was appropriate and poignant. Well done for that Brendan. Great to be back..just wished I trained a little over the past few months!
David PenderApr 24 2024, 10:53pmHi,
My daughters and i were running in Belmont tonight and one of my daughters left her blue Adidas Trail Runners in the carpark opposite the race start. Did anyone pick them up?

thanks,

Dave
Jack HayesApr 24 2024, 10:59pmHi, thanks to the kind soul who saw my phone on the way down and passed it into the marshal. Made my life much easier!

(Also, thank you to the folks for organising this, had a great time).
Angela FlynnApr 24 2024, 11:08pmI have the runners, contact angelacflynn@gmail. Com
David PenderApr 24 2024, 11:10pmthanks very much....we had a terrific time tonight...well done to all the organisers.
Sorcha LoughnaneApr 24 2024, 11:40pmThanks to all the organisers/volunteers for a fun, well organised race tonight. Particularly appreciate you sorting out the weather, it made all the difference!
Gerry McGuinnessApr 25 2024, 7:59amThanks Angela, Alan and all the team for a great start to the Summer league. Fantastic organisation considering the huge numbers. And much appreciated bite to eat afterwards.
James ClancyApr 25 2024, 8:27amAmazing event thanks a mil Angela and her team, such a well organised event and well marked route!!
Karl BourneApr 25 2024, 8:27amThanks Angela and crew for a brilliant night of racing. Nice to return to the race which was my first IMRA back in 2021. Even nicer to have beer and sausages at the afters. Such a big turnout and the trails were lovely and dry making for a speedy race. Great stuff
Mary CollinsApr 25 2024, 8:35amThanks Angela and all your volunteers. Very well organised race event.
Joan RyanApr 25 2024, 8:54amThanks Angela and team for a great event. Ive never seen such a huge turn out at an Imra Race there was great atmosphere.

Beautiful weather for it also!
liam kennyApr 25 2024, 10:28amThanks Angela and crew for a super evenings race last night, you guys have set the bar for the upcoming races,

Also thanks to Brendan for a fitting speech before the start to remember Danny, a nice touch for our friend Micheal at this sad time.
Eimear DeeganApr 25 2024, 10:45amThanks Angela & all the volunteers great race and great spread after. Shout out to Becky for herding the cattle away from the runners.
Brendan LawlorApr 25 2024, 12:25pmThe IMRA Leinster Wednesday Night Racing Steam Train which left its terminus at Killiney at a relatively leisurely pace just over a week ago picked up some serious speed last night as Angela, Alan and their excellent volunteer team provided us all with an amazing and fast jaunt around the beautiful Belmont and Little Sugar Loaf course. Well done to all.

Next week its onto Scarr when the redoubtable Sean Forsyth takes over the engine room duties as we move further South in our four month journey around the hills and mountains of Dublin and Wicklow. We are still looking for a few more crew members and IN PARTICULAR a laptop operator.. don't be shy, we don't want our train to come screeching to a halt ..!
Brian KitsonApr 25 2024, 12:59pmBrendan, It's a pencil and paper operator that's needed unless that laptop is fixed by next week :)
Jeff SwordsApr 25 2024, 3:17pmLess of that shade Brian, I'd contemplate making a mistake with your result which unfortunately could have you dropping down further from where you normally finish but I note you done a decent job of doing that yourself last night so I won't stick the knife in.
Brendan LawlorApr 25 2024, 3:31pm....said Jeff, sticking the knife in
Andy McGeadyApr 25 2024, 4:04pmWell done to the organisers last night. Huge crowd to marshal, a fine course, with sandwiches at the finish line then chips and a bar. Just a great evening.
Anne LyonsApr 25 2024, 5:46pmHi I handed my top and hat to one of the volunteers,I think it was at the gate , I couldn’t find him at the end so wondering if he still had them, as far as I can remember he was wearing a white rain jack,thanks if anyone could let me know,it was a light green adidas top and imra hat
Elaine CaseyApr 25 2024, 7:03pmThey were looking for owners for a top at the end, might be yours, I think it was Alan that had it....
Angela FlynnApr 25 2024, 7:28pmHi
I’ve a green top, black base layer, runners and no hat plus a rain trousers ( which may or may not be belonging to family) from lasts nights events
Contact me at angelaflynn@gmail. Com
Jeff SwordsApr 25 2024, 9:24pmWe had a huge turnout for the first race of this year's summer league.and I'd like to thank those for their patience who got caught at the wrong end of the issues at registration.

Because the majority of the results were manually correlated their publication will take longer than usual. I understand there's anticipation to see how you've raced against your personal sunmer nemeses and for those new to our races identifying your new ones, so bear with us and we aim to have them up over the weekend.
Mikey FryApr 25 2024, 9:40pmYour fired Jeff:)))))))
Jeff SwordsApr 25 2024, 10:22pmYou'd want to be investing in a new flask Mikey as I guess we'll be moving our post race venues to places that won't be serving tea.
Anne LyonsApr 25 2024, 11:11pmHi Angela thank you my top is adidas and green ,
So hopefully it’s mine , could I collect it either Saturday if anyone travelling to Kilkenny for half or next Wednesday, hopefully hat turns up also
Niamh HattonApr 26 2024, 12:44pmThanks to all the organisers. A great race!
Jeff SwordsApr 27 2024, 4:33pmHi all,

I've published the results now after collating the manual sheets (thanks to Caroline and the other volunteer who's name I didn't get so apologies, for recording them).

While some in the middle of the field may find their times out of synch to what they recorded themselves, your positioning will be correct and that's what's important on terms of league standings.

If you're missing from the results email imraresults at gmail dot com
There's also a couple listed as DNFs (outside of genuine DNFs) that may have finished but I couldn't find you on the sheets so I added you as DNF for now so mail me if that needs to be corrected.
Angela FlynnApr 27 2024, 10:54pmA huge thank you Jeff for publishing the results, not an easy task with the HUGE numbers and the complexity of the laptop. Life , work and family etc, thanks Jeff, again if your results don’t match the published results elstbe results at IMRA.ie and bit on the forum, thanks
Finally, thank you all for the lovely positive comments as posted. It is appreciated. My volunteers, the estate and family all made such a night possible
Elaine CaseyApr 27 2024, 11:10pmHi Angela, I've sent an email as I'm down as a dnf
John FitzgeraldApr 28 2024, 12:37amBrilliant start to the summer league. Thanks to Angela, Mark and all the volunteers. I did the short course but I'm not in the results.