Irish Mountain
Running Association

Ballyhoura Winter Moonlight Dash

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Orla McElroyJan 1 2024, 12:58pmHello, I'm trying to enter for this event but not allowing me to. Is it fully booked?
Thanks in advance.
Órla
Michael McSweeneyJan 1 2024, 1:39pmHi Orla,
The two Moonlight races are full.
Plenty of volunteering spots available though, if you want to join the fun.
Micheal.
Orla McElroyJan 1 2024, 2:52pmThanks so much for letting me know Michael.
Orla McElroyJan 1 2024, 3:14pmOne more question! Do you operate a waiting list system?
Michael McSweeneyJan 1 2024, 8:48pmNo waiting list Orla.
Orla McElroyJan 1 2024, 9:53pmThat's grand. Thanks for letting me know Michael.
Ingrid DoubletJan 8 2024, 10:11amHi, just enquiring as to where I get a map for this run?
Thanks Ingrid
Mags HassettJan 8 2024, 10:23amRoute map was uploaded last night. Check out the event.
https://www.imra.ie/events/view/id/2415
Robbie WilliamsJan 8 2024, 1:48pmMANDATORY KIT EXCLUSION

Hi All

This is a fully marked race ,

Just to avoid any one searching, you will not require a compass or a Map of area.

2 PIECES OF KIT THAT ARE ESSENTIAL are FULL HI VIZ VEST (not a strip)

Only full high viz (which must be able to be seen from behind also ) are acceptable. If your pack is blocking you vest you must stick reflective or lift to rear of pack

We take this (and your safety on road sections ) very seriously so you will not be permitted through the kit check zone without.

Also, torch is essential and I would probably have a spare hand torch just incase too

Make sure that are fully charged
Brendan Michael McCarthyJan 14 2024, 6:56pmHi Robbie, just wondering is there an early start available for the 28km race this year.
Robbie WilliamsJan 15 2024, 3:03pmYes 6:30 early start for Challenge

No early start for Dash
Dariusz GazdowiczJan 21 2024, 6:21pmI signed up as a volunteer, but the earliest I can arrive is around 10 p.m., will there be anything to do there?
Robbie WilliamsJan 21 2024, 7:25pmNo Dariusz

Thank you

I need volunteers there from 5-7pm
Robbie WilliamsJan 22 2024, 11:00amHi Runners

Final week lead up to Moonlight.,..

Can you please organize with fellow competitors to carpool so we have the LEAST POSSIBLE amount of cars parked in Kilfinnane on the night.

Just a heads up to that both races will start 15mins earlier than advertised to facilitate a local funeral.

A full email will go out to you all very soon.

Thank you
john kennedyJan 23 2024, 2:58pmHey. For the dash just wanted to check what is a waterproof full leg cover?
Kevin O'RiordanJan 23 2024, 3:11pmhttps://limboproducts.co.uk/product/limbo-full-leg-xl-m200fl/
Robbie WilliamsJan 23 2024, 3:23pmRain proof leggings
Michael McSweeneyJan 23 2024, 3:25pmJohn. Rain trousers.
john kennedyJan 23 2024, 4:08pmThanks
Robbie WilliamsJan 23 2024, 6:32pmEmail gone out to all registered runners with all info

Please read carefully
Lesleyann WylieJan 25 2024, 8:09amRobbie, has an email.gone out to volunteers. Just checking what time to be there, volunteering for the dash. Thanks. Happy to marshal out on the course. Or take whatever job is going. Lesleyann
Lesleyann WylieJan 25 2024, 8:20amSorry found the email, replied thanks
Robbie WilliamsJan 25 2024, 5:08pmAll runners should have received their pre race email.

Please take time to read all instructions carefully especially regarding , parking, mandatory kit and start times.
Brendan LawlorJan 27 2024, 5:07pmBig thank you to Robbie and the very extensive team of volunteers who put on a great evening of running down in the Ballyhoura’s. Great buzz , grub and drinks in the school hall at the finish. Thanks especially for help with the hotel and bus back to same. The post race pub had to be seen to be believed and Robbie’s boast of it serving the finest pint of Murphys in the country was spot on ! All much appreciated from the Leinster visitors.. they even supplied a Blue event beanie for those of us who can be somewhat phobic to the Munster red !
Damien HolianJan 27 2024, 9:38pmBig Thanks to Robbie and to his assistants last night. Great event, and afters. Course was very well marked, plenty of variety and lovely night for running.
Miriam MaherJan 28 2024, 4:28pmRobbie and everyone (and there was a huge team of volunteers involved) thank you so much for putting on such a fantastic event for us all on Friday night. You even organised the full moon AND clear skies - impressive. The few stretches of muck were so deep that Alice Clancy suggested you must have got the local GAA club teams in to trample up and down it several times to create the depth of mucky stickiness, marvellous stuff:)

Enjoyed it all so much - the before, the dash itself (although I was moving in slow motion for most of it), the afterwards - in the school and in the pub. Munster IMRA nailed it again:) Til next time!
Brian FlannellyJan 28 2024, 8:08pmResults are now up for this event - any questions/queries on them, please email:
brian <dot> flannelly <at> imra <dot> ie