Irish Mountain
Running Association

Ticknock - Three Rock

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Lillian DeeganJun 29 2023, 12:08amHi all,

With Rachel and Andy working on this years Ticknock race route at the moment, I’m on to ask can we get a 2nd first aider in for this one.

Now and then this route can throw up a bit of extra work for one FAO. Having a 2nd person to help Alan would be great.

Cheers - Lillian
Conor O'FarrellJul 3 2023, 1:52pmHi folks,

Ticknock Leinster league event takes place this Wednesday. There will be limited parking at Taylors of Threerock, so we ask IMRA members to carpool from Lidl Three rock near Marlay Park, Grange Road, Rathfarnham, Dublin 16

Due to new fencing the last part of the route is different to the 2019 race. The terrain is varied with some of it rough under foot.

The start and finish location has also changed. The race will start at the top carpark and finish in a slightly different location also at the top carpark.

The Junior/short course route is an out and back route which is longer and more varied that the previous junior route.

Registration will close at 7.15 SHARP as we will need to move from Taylors up to the race start.

The start and finish location has also changed. The race will start at the top carpark and finish in a slightly different location also at the top carpark.

The Junior/short course route is an out and back route which is longer and more varied that the previous junior route.

Rachel
Warren SwordsJul 3 2023, 2:03pmLooking forward.

Quick question on going up Foxes Climb.

Since the fire a couple of years ago, a new trail/path has been worn beside the usual stoney route up. I presume we keep to the stones and gully rather than the express way that has opened up.
Rachel CinnsealachJul 3 2023, 2:30pmThere is also a new section towards the start of the route, we are bringing you through the forest rather than straight up a fire road. (Small section) . Updated maps will be added to the website shortly
Rachel CinnsealachJul 3 2023, 8:47pmTo answer Warrens question, Yes we keep to the stones and gully going up foxes climb (Name on Strava)
Dillon RyanJul 4 2023, 11:15amHi guys,

Just wondering is the new map uploaded? Will the race start at kellystown road, head up into ticnoc carpark and around the back up towards the masts?

Looking forward to it :).

Thanks a mill
Andrew HackettJul 4 2023, 1:13pmDoing my first trail run and just signed up to IMRA today.
Do I just collect my number and micro chip at the 3 Rock Pub tomorrow ?
Lillian DeeganJul 4 2023, 2:07pmHello Andrew,

Welcome to IMRA. You will be given your race No. and chip tag when you sign in to race tomorrow evening. You need to mind these two items post race. If you need to replace them, there is a charge of €5 each through the imra shop. Your race No. will last till the end of the year and should you renew membership for '24, you will get a new race No. The chip tag can be reused next year.

Good luck racing about 3 Rock.

Lillian
Rachel CinnsealachJul 4 2023, 8:28pmHi Dillion, The new map is uploaded under the maps section. The race will start at the upper carpark in Ticknock forest.
Robert CostelloJul 4 2023, 9:48pmHi folks,
Anyone car pooling from town tomorrow?
Rob
Kevin O'RiordanJul 4 2023, 10:30pmRob, I can give you a lift from the Luas station in central park if that's any use to you
Anna MichaelJul 4 2023, 11:33pmHi Lillian and Rachel, I’m down as a helper but happy to be a second on First Aid if you still need someone?
Robert CostelloJul 4 2023, 11:36pmThat would be brilliant Kevin. Can you drop me an email on robbicosta at gmail with a time that suits and I’ll meet you there.
Thanks,
Rob
Rachel CinnsealachJul 4 2023, 11:52pmAnna, thanks for the offer. I had already asked Jarlaith to step in. I also need you as a marshal out on the course, directing, supporting and reporting back on status of runners, if everyone has gone through your narshal point and lastly demarking. That said, you are one of the first marshals so if you get back before the field of runners get in and if the need arises for more first aiders I will definitely call on you.
Andy WalkerJul 5 2023, 7:47amHi, I've just got to work and realised I have forgotten my chip (but have my race number). I won't be able to to go home beforehand. What should I do? Apologies! Andy
Anna MichaelJul 5 2023, 8:28amThanks Rachel, that’s fine. See you later. Anna
Rachel CinnsealachJul 5 2023, 10:27amHi Andy, You can buy a replacement chip online line in the shop for 5 euro
Andy WalkerJul 5 2023, 10:43amThanks Rachel,have done.
Ben ConroyJul 5 2023, 11:49amHey Rachel and Alan, I just offered myself as a helper hopefully you have a use for me..
Joan RyanJul 5 2023, 10:04pmJust completed my first IMRA race at Tick Nock the course was excellent so many different types of terrain and well marked.

Really well put together race thanks to all the volunteers.

Joan Ryan
Alan KennedyJul 5 2023, 10:15pmWell done to the First Aid crew tonight who were kept busy but mostly cuts so hopefully all runners ok. Alan, Derek, Jarlath and others, good to know the help is there for us all. Course was great and really enjoyed the run. Thanks also to Rachel and all the Marshals.
Warren SwordsJul 5 2023, 10:32pmThanks to Rachel and all her crew for a great evening of racing. Course was great, no let up from the start, the last climb was torture to get over. Some great battles over the 9km.

Hopefully Rob Costello got a prize in the raffle for his stylish race shirt although Ian Conroy was close behind in the fashion stakes in his Yeti shorts.
Richard NunanJul 5 2023, 10:45pmPaddy's shorts also equally stylish!

Great route tonight, cruel in parts the mound of grass after the mystery steps was a nice touch.

Thanks Rachel and all he volunteers
Robert CostelloJul 5 2023, 11:50pmWell done Rachel and volunteers. Great race. Tough from start to finish. My shirt went down so well I’ll bring it out again for Balinastoe.
Also have Warren’s phone which he left behind. Just need to crack the code and post a few comments to the Nephin thread.
Brian KitsonJul 5 2023, 11:59pmHAHAHAHA Rob

Top job Rachel. Slick organisation, epic but tough course (think I checked my watch a billion times willing the end to come) and a hape of nice brown food at the end. Heart still racing, won’t sleep til Friday.

Thanks to you and all the team.
Richard FoxJul 6 2023, 6:20amBrilliant job Rachel and crew for yet another wonderful event in the hills. Particular thanks to Derek, Jarlath, Anna and Alan for their First Aid duties.
Bravo all. Very well done
Cheers
foxy
Brendan LawlorJul 6 2023, 7:57amGreat race last night, thank you to Rachel, Alan and all the volunteers and route marshals

The views over Dublin City and bay from the ridge were something to behold, providing you didn’t kill yourself tripping over a rock!
Karen CreanJul 6 2023, 8:49amHi all.
I just want to say thanks to all involved in organising a super efficient event last night.
I went with the early start as I was up at the start line early thanks to a great guy stopping to give me a lift..
I somehow ended up leading the early start and was so afraid I would miss a turn but thanks go a superbly marked course I got to the finish with no drama .My time was 56.50 on my watch not 58 mins...maybe the early start caused confusion.
Anyway thank you all and see you next week.
Karen
REBECCA CAROLANJul 6 2023, 9:06amThanks for another super race folks! Well done everyone.
Not sure who to contact, but my time is wrong, I crossed the line with Tommy Galvin, 54.55, but I'm down as 1.09. Can it be corrected?
Anne HodgeJul 6 2023, 9:57amFantastic race Rachel. Exciting from start to finish.
Well done to you and all the volunteers!
Maeve FlynnJul 6 2023, 10:05amWell done to all on Ticknock-Three Rock last night.
Special thanks to all volunteers especially Orlaith who helped my daughter when she got into a bit of bother in junior race.
A big shout out to the ladies who helped me out also- I would have been a DNF last night but for Anne Lyons- thanks for getting me to the finish! legend!
Bronagh CheethamJul 6 2023, 10:44amThanks Rachel and team for a superb race - first one in a while so just brilliant to be out and meet some friend faces along a lovely less travelled route.

Sorry now but can my result be amended please - v last minute I did the early start with a pal who came along and think I told the laptop guys to adjust my time to short course rather than an early! apologies, I came in between John and Vivian. Tks a mill.
Eileen RowlandJul 6 2023, 12:23pmSincere thanks to the first aiders last night! How busy were they! I went over on my a ankle and was really glad of the ice and bandaging from Derek. Otherwise a great event. Tks
Brian SmythJul 6 2023, 1:06pmThanks a mill to Rachel and all the volunteers . Great organisation and a great route . The first aiders did a fantastic job and were kept busy throughout : )

I dropped my much loved cap whilst plodding down the descent . I think a marshal may have picked up.
Rachel might be able to share my num if so .

Thanks again
Jarlath HynesJul 6 2023, 2:17pm@Brian, your hat with Rachel/race kit.
Brian SmythJul 6 2023, 5:00pmAh lovely thanks a mill Jarlath
Rachel CinnsealachJul 6 2023, 9:25pmHi folks,

Delighted ye enjoyed the race last night. A big thanks to all my volunteers for their commitment.

Brian, I have your cap. I'll keep it safe and bring it to the next race I'm at in the next week or two.

Folks anyone with queries about the results can you email results@imra.ie

The results secretary may not always check the form.