Irish Mountain
Running Association

Nephin

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Elaine CaseyJun 19 2022, 4:40pmEntries are closed? Will it open again?
John ShielsJun 19 2022, 7:37pmEntries usually open the week of the event
Anne-Marie FlahertyJun 27 2022, 12:03pmEntry is currently open for the Connacht Championship races Nephin and Mweelrea. Mweelrea is also and Irish Championship event.

Entry will close for Nephin on Friday evening.

Race vouchers can be used for this race.

If you are participating in the Nephin race please be aware that there are lots of Ticks present in the area, so please take the time after the race to check for these.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Mayo at the weekend!
Damien CawleyJun 30 2022, 11:47amDoes the number sheet you received last year apply for this year, or are you given a new number to pin to your top for this year. I have a number from last years race, if this is my first IMRA race this year do I receive a new number and pick up before the race.
Alice ClancyJun 30 2022, 12:33pmHi Damien,
Your number from last year is no longer valid. The numbers change each year.
To register for Nephin, you'll need to register for IMRA membership for 2022 to be assigned a new race number, which can be collected at race registration.
Anne-Marie FlahertyJul 1 2022, 11:44amEntries for Nephin close this evening.

We are accepting vouchers for the race.

The weather is looking mixed, but not as bad as the forecasts had originally predicted.
Anne-Marie FlahertyJul 3 2022, 5:56pmI just wanted to thank all of my amazing volunteers who helped out for Nephin today, it was fantastic having such a great crew to keep everything ticking along so well! You were all fantastic and I couldn't have asked for more. It makes life as an RD so much easier knowing everyone has things under control.

I hope everyone enjoyed the run this afternoon, the weather played ball and by all accounts the views were amazing from the summit!

Special thanks to Alice Clancy who was the real driver for this years Connacht Champs and was instrumental in getting things moving so well.

Congrats to Becky Quinn and Matthew McConnell on some spectacular running (both days!)

I'm going to try to upload some photos, they will not be good :)
Brian MullinsJul 3 2022, 6:22pmThanks to Anne Marie and all volunteers today. Nephin is a proper test, unrelenting steep ascent followed by brain off brakes off descent. Congrats to Matt and Becky on the wins, the weather forecast earlier in the week turned out to be WRONG. We were treated to views and perfect conditions on both days. I’m telling ye now, the Connacht Champs races are the best on the calendar and I have yet to stay for the BBQ so I can only imagine what that madness adds to the whole weekend but I’d venture it’s good ;-)
Anne-Marie FlahertyJul 3 2022, 8:19pmGlad you enjoyed it, Brian!

Damien McDonnell has your medal from today.
Alice ClancyJul 3 2022, 9:53pmThank you Anne-Marie and Allistair! That was so much fun!!! Nephin has to be the best parkrun in Ireland ;-)

There was a grey Patagonia hooded jacket and turquoise fleece left in the carpark (see photos on race page). They’ve been put with the Race director kit and can be collected at the race on Wed eve.
Hilary JenkinsonJul 3 2022, 10:47pmI will echo the thanks to the amazing team that organised the Connacht Champs. Alice, Ann Marie, Alister, Damien, Alan and Rachel especially. The weather gods were with us so we were rewarded with spectacular views. A great gathering around the fire at bbq and friendships deepened. The body is aching but the sole and mind are smiling. Thank you all for a fantastic weekend.
Dave DochertyJul 3 2022, 11:25pmMassive thanks all for what must the toughest 5k ever concieved. Sorry I missed the post race craic. The jacket is mine.