Irish Mountain
Running Association

Killiney Hill Relay Charity Race

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Laura FlynnJan 13 2022, 5:19pmAs in previous years we’re inviting members to put forward charities which they would like to see benefit from this event. The committee with look at all charities proposed and decide on one. If you would like to put a charity forward please check on the Charities Regulator website to ensure that it is a registered charity.
If your charity is selected we would ask that you help out at for the event by adding your name to the volunteer list.
Details can be sent to me at laura.flynn@imra.ie on or before the 7th of February 2022.
Many thanks.
Laura FlynnFeb 10 2022, 8:50amThanks for your emails putting forward charities for this event. We’ve decided to go with Enable Ireland this year. As most of you will know it’s a charity which provides services to children and adults with disabilities and operates at over 40 locations throughout the country.
https://www.enable Ireland.ie
Thanks to Niamh for taking on Race Director role for the night.
Brian FarrenApr 11 2022, 7:54amHi. Just wondering when this opening up for entry. Tks
Niamh O'CeallaighApr 12 2022, 8:58am****IMPORTANT RACE INFO****

The Killiney Hill Relay is a great fun event. Teams are selected at random on the night so it is a great way to get to know new people.

Registration is located in the main Dalkey/Killiney Hill car park. It is 15 min walk from Dalkey DART station and within 5 minutes of a bus stop of the 59 bus

Registration will be open from 6.30 - 7.10pm. The draw of teams will take place immediately after registration closes.

There will be a kids run suitable for age 3 and up. It will have almost continuous marking and will be about 500m in length. It will start at 7:20pm before the main race.

AS THE WEBSITE CONTINUES TO HAVE SOME ISSUES, PLEASE KEEP AN EYE HERE FOR REGISTRATION DETAILS.
Andy McGeadyApr 12 2022, 12:27pmThanks Niamh - is there a route of the race available? Just curious which paths it uses. Thanks.
Niamh O'CeallaighApr 12 2022, 1:04pmHi Andy,
I am unable to update any of the race details to the race page but will add a map asap.
The route basically starts from the carpark and goes up to the obelisk via Daedalus, then decend down through the trees to the grass near the carpark. Then around the path overlooking the sea. When it finally pops out on the road, it is a quick left up the steps to the castle and then back to the start through the trees.
Niamh O'CeallaighApr 12 2022, 1:41pm***KILLINEY HILL RELAY REGISTRATION***

Due to ongoing issues with the IMRA website, the below registration guidelines will apply for the Killiney Hill Relay on 13th April 2022 only.

Registration will be “on the day” and CASH ONLY.

When registering, you will need to make a donation (in lieu of entry fee) to Enable Ireland and provide your name and IMRA membership number.

Any participants that do not have an IMRA membership number for 2022 will receive a free one day membership. A short form will need to be filled out for this.

This registration process is for this race only and will not apply to any future IMRA races.

Enable Ireland provides free services to children and adults with disabilities and their families from over 40 locations in 15 counties. Covering childhood to adulthood. Their expert teams work with the individual and their family on a plan for each life stage.
Andy McGeadyApr 12 2022, 6:55pm@Niamh - thanks for that route info. Never knew what that statue was called before :-)
Dave DochertyApr 14 2022, 8:22amMassive thanks to Niamh and crew for the craic last night. My little fella had a blast, he was so happy to hanging out with you all and making new friends. "Mummy. I got a party bag at a RACE!! with PEZZ!!"
Andy McGeadyApr 14 2022, 8:53amThanks to Niamh and all the volunteers last night and (especially) to Hazel for jumping in, unplanned, to run a relay leg at the last minute.

The kiddies race was a great idea and looked so much fun. My little 'uns will definitely be there for the next one!
John ShielsApr 14 2022, 10:39amcan't get photos to upload to the site at the moment so I put them on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=ActionPhotography.ie&set=a.10159039720849067
Pól Ó MurchúApr 14 2022, 10:45amFantastic event last night. Great to see the Wednesday nights back up and running! Well done Niamh and all your helpers. Some very fast times set out there last night! Devastated that Greg stole my knome in the raffle but I did get a voucher for first place team...Wonder do 53 degrees do garden Gnomes...