Irish Mountain
Running Association

Kilmac Running Festival - Paddock Lake

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Graham K. BusheNov 14 2021, 4:51pmHi Everyone, There’s just two weeks to go to this great event. A huge thanks to the committee and especially Angela, for all the work that has been done so far.
Thanks also to those who have signed up to volunteer. We could do with a few more people please, marshals in particular. Come on out to support your fellow runners. And also, there’s Breakfast available for volunteers.
The shop is open for lots of great races, and with free parking, finishers prizes, a BBQ and showers, you’ll get lots of value for your entry fee.
IMRA is great because the people in it make it great, so come along and be part of it.
Keith LaceyNov 15 2021, 6:22pmThanks Graham!

Quick question, is there any Strava or GPS route for this course?

Cheers
Keith
Tim MackeyNov 21 2021, 9:38pmhi Keith, just saw this added to the event details:
https://strava.app.link/nzZ9W1odelb
Thanks Graham!
Darragh TierneyNov 22 2021, 12:42pmHi Graham,
It has been maybe 6 or 7 years since I've last taken part in an IMRA run. I am considering taking part in this run on the 27th.
I've not yet completed a IMRA event in 2021, so my question is: do I need to purchase 2021 membership, bib number, and timing chip as well as the 25euro entry fee?
Thanks,
Darragh
John BellNov 22 2021, 1:27pmHi Darragh, yes you need to purchase membership first, which includes bib number & chip that you can collect on the day, and then ypu can purchase the race entry. Best of luck.
John
Darragh TierneyNov 22 2021, 1:53pmthanks for the reply John.
I'll sign up later today.

Darragh
John McAuleyNov 22 2021, 2:11pmHi, is there any way for that specific Strava link to be made public so non-users can view it. Or alternatively can a screen shot of the route be added to the Maps tab. Many thanks.
Graham K. BusheNov 22 2021, 4:26pmHi John,
Sorry, I don't know how to change the link.
I have added pics of the route map and profile.

g
Mary CollinsNov 23 2021, 5:20pmHi Graham, I have just added my name as a helper --esp if you still need marshals out on course. If not needed I will take part in race, but happy to be a non running helper in whatever role needed,
Graham K. BusheNov 23 2021, 5:24pmHi Mary, that's great. thank you. I'll be in touch. Graham
Graham K. BusheNov 25 2021, 12:28amREMEMBER! Entries closes today. Don't miss out.
On race day you will need your race number, timing chip and jacket.
If this is your first race of 2021, you can collect your number and chip (please bring your membership confirmation email)
The registration desk will open at 7:30 and close at 8:45
Parking is at Kilmacanogue GAA pitch. Arrive in good time to park etc.
The race route uses public roads, with two crossings assisted by An Garda Síochána. Please yield to traffic and Follow directions of marshals. They are spending long hours out and about so you can all enjoy your run. So if they ask you to wait for a few moments, please do so. Be prepared for the weather, it's November in the Wicklow hills. There will be a water station at Djouce woods, bring your own bottle or cup.
Leave no trace.
Enjoy

Graham
Graham K. BusheNov 25 2021, 12:34am.
Liat NetanelNov 26 2021, 11:51amHi, I registered for tomorrow’s event and have a confirmation for payment, However I haven’t received neither the receipt nor my race number.
Can anyone please advise what I should do?
Warren SwordsNov 26 2021, 1:07pmHi Liat, you collect your number at registration tomorrow. Which you then keep if you plan to race any more IMRA races in 2021.

You can check that you are registered for the race by logging into IMRA and clicking "My Purchase History" at the top of page.
Liat NetanelNov 26 2021, 2:30pmPerfect! thanks!
Liat NetanelNov 26 2021, 2:33pmHi Graham, I just took a look and I didn't see the purchase of the membership card and the confirmation for paying for the race. Am I missing something?
Stephen HegartyNov 26 2021, 2:39pmGood afternoon all, is entry to this race closed, or can I pay membership today and join in?
Many thanks

Steve
Richard NunanNov 26 2021, 2:59pmHi Stephen, it closed yesterday
Stephen HegartyNov 26 2021, 3:56pmOk , thanks for reply Richard.

Steve
Graham K. BusheNov 26 2021, 5:40pmHi List, is it in your purchase history? I can't see you on my list of entries
Laura FlynnNov 27 2021, 3:00pmThanks Graham for a fabulous day out. I know how much work you and Angela put into this whole weekend starting from last night’s challenge to today’s schools race. I hope you got as much pleasure out of watching it all unfold as we did in taking part. Thanks to Mary, the Hanney brothers, Joe and Nora, Richard and all the other marshals ( apologies, I didn’t recognise some of you with masks etc) for what was probably a 3 hour stint in very very cold conditions. Well done to the amazingly talented top 3 ladies (I don’t know mens results yet) - Sarah Brady romped home I think with the top 10 men, with Eilish Conroy and Donna Mahon battling it out for second and third. Eilish just a few months after giving birth to a beautiful baby girl and Donna fresh from her recent big birthday celebrations. Inspiring women all as is The Queen of Kilmacnogue, Angela Flynn, who conceived the whole weekend some months ago and has managed to bring it home with aplomb. Thanks too to her many non-IMRA friends who helped both last night and from 7am today ( she’s a hard woman to say no to! ) , Sadie, Elaine and many more. Well done all, it’s greatly appreciated.
Eilis ConneryNov 28 2021, 10:06pmThanks to everyone involved in organising this race for all of us. I can only imagine the effort and organisation it took to bring all these events together. Thanks a million.
Sarah BradyNov 29 2021, 9:11amCongratulations to Graham, Angela and team for a hugely successful event. Massive thanks also to Laura, Richard, Lillian and the rest of the committee who managed to put on a fab year of racing for all of us under such challenging circumstances.
Pádraig WallaceNov 29 2021, 11:17amHello and well done to Kilmac on running such a great event.
Am just wondering was there an issue with chip times? It seems to have added 2 hours and more to the time I did the race in? I was running the Paddock Lake 18k race.
Could somebody shed some light on this?
Thanks a mill.
Pádraig
William Paul FenwickNov 29 2021, 11:29amGreat race, I had a fantastic time out on the hills.
Similarly to Pádraig, my recorded is time more than a couple hours bigger than I recorded it, so there might be a few times affected.
Aubrey O'NeillNov 29 2021, 11:40amPotentially quite a few results with random times. I've mailed results@imra.ie FYI (to avoid everyone bombarding them on the same issue!).
Michael BligheNov 29 2021, 11:40amI'm in that camp too - finished in 1:25 on the watch. Results have me at 3:46.

Just to echo others, a fabulous route and super organisation as always. Multiple races, the GAA club, gardai, busy road crossings, and of course the volunteers. There is a logistics mastermind(s) at work behind the scenes in IMRA.

The whole event is a real credit to IMRA on its 40th celebrations.
Conor O'FarrellNov 29 2021, 11:45amHi All

Results are up. Still some times to reconcile as we had a failed batter in the timing equipment. I have all the finishing positions, and I am still going through them.

Please email queries to results@imra.ie, with name, race no., and anything else that may be helpful.

Thanks
Conor
Pádraig WallaceNov 29 2021, 4:31pmThanks a mill Conor.
Congratulations again to all on a super weekend of running.
Highly recommend!
Anne HodgeNov 30 2021, 10:20amBrilliant festival - hope it becomes a regular feature of the IMRA calendar. Thanks to all the cheerful marshalls who kept us going along the way. Beautiful route and uphill over by the first third. Thanks Angela and team for organising!
Jeff SwordsNov 30 2021, 11:27amA bunch of us decided to return from Paddock Lake back through the woods and up that steep hill to the carpark again, you should have tagged along Anne to get your money's worth!