Irish Mountain
Running Association

British & Irish Junior Trials - Camaderry

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Robert MalseedJun 22 2021, 8:15pmWorld mountain running championship.
Will there be a trials race for the above championship to be held in November?
Leo MahonJun 24 2021, 9:25amRobert see posting yesterday World Mountain running championships
Miriam MaherJul 3 2021, 6:23pmHi, I need a few helpers for the junior trials on July 17th

Specifically - First Aid and some course marshals and helpers for the start / finish area.

Thanks in advance :)

Miriam
Ian ConroyJul 7 2021, 11:04amHi Miriam, I've put myself down to help and maybe able to convince my brother to join me. We'd be happy to help, though we might need a lift there, if that was possible. Thanks, Ian
Hannah GibneyJul 7 2021, 11:14amHi Miriam,

I would have loved to have helped but I’m working that weekend, best of luck with it, I hope it goes well!

Hannah
Miriam MaherJul 12 2021, 5:50pmIMPORTANT NOTICE:

Due to some issues currently being experienced on the online payments system - we are moving the opening of race entries to 6pm tomorrow, Tuesday from today as originally planned

The closing dates for entries is being moved also to Friday at 6pm.

I will update here if the status changes to enable the entries to be opened before tomorrow evening.

Thank you for your patience

Miriam
Miriam MaherJul 16 2021, 9:33amEntries for the trials closing at 6 pm today.

Great to see the level of interest so far.

A reminder for all those entered of the mandatory kit - rain jacket (to be carried regardless of the weather) and face covering - to be worn at the start and finish line.

Also - suggest you bring water for afterwards as the forecast is looking good!

Looking forward to meeting all the junior mountain runners tomorrow morning!
Lilly JonesJul 17 2021, 5:20pmThanks to all the marshels and volunteers today. Tough, hot but fun.
Miriam MaherJul 19 2021, 9:02amHugh congrats to all the junior athletes who took part in the trials on Saturday. Serious efforts on a sorching day. The future is bright.

As with all IMRA events, none of this could happen without IMRA members making themselves available to volunteer. Many thanks to Leo, Vivian, John, Peter, Ian, Grace, Dee and Brian for all that they did with their usual good humour and grace.

The results are posted, we will follow up later this week regarding the outcome of the selection process for the B&I Champs. First though, I'm off West for a few days holidays!

Miriam
Laura FlynnJul 19 2021, 10:43amWell done Miriam to you and your helpers. Yourself and Leo have put in a lot of work in over the past year with the juniors and had a good few disappointments with cancellations etc. Delighted for everyone that Saturday went well. Enjoy that break.
Bashir HussainAug 2 2021, 1:18pmI've shared some training ideas with runners at recent training day on the B + I course at Meelore/Meelbeg in teh Mournes..Please contact if you'd like a copy (Especially junior coaches) aimed at u17 and u20 runners. I'll send on to Miriam/Leo. Thanks