Irish Mountain
Running Association

Galtee Half-Marathon

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
mark pinfieldMay 6 2019, 11:15amHi, will this route be the same as last year?
Barry HartnettMay 6 2019, 1:26pmYes
Andrew MurphyJun 4 2019, 4:58pmI am considering entering this event but as a newcomer to mountain running would appreciate some guidance on the appropriate footwear to get around this course.

I am leaning towards getting a pair of Salomon Speedcross (4 or Vario 2) or Inov8 Trailroc (270/285) which I understand are suitable for varied trails i.e. neither too boggy nor too hard/rocky. If none of these shoes are suitable could someone kindly advise what would be a better alternative?

Thanks
Patrick WhelanJul 17 2019, 8:45amHi Travelling from Dublin is there a best route I can take or anyone travelling from Dublin thanks
Emily GlenJul 17 2019, 11:31amHi there,
I wonder if it is possible to pick up a cup from the Knockmealdowns Half at this race? They weren't given out at the time and this might be my best chance to collect mine from one of the MMRA runs.
I've emailed the RD of that run too but just incase anyone from MMRA has a stash of them. Thanks in advance, Emily
Matthew BranchJul 17 2019, 11:32amKnockmealdown Half Marathon Mugs will be available for collection if you participated in the Knockmealdowns and did not yet receive your mug. Thanks
Emily GlenJul 17 2019, 11:34amSorry - disregard my last post. Got it sorted!
Pádraig DoyleJul 21 2019, 4:23pmGuys, thanks very much for the races yesterday. Good craic. The half was a great route. Tasty sambos and tea always wipe away the tears.

I was up there again this morning... the wind nearly bowled us over and visibility was no more than ten metres. We were lucky yesterday with the weather!

P.
Brian FlannellyJul 22 2019, 7:00amResults are now up for this event - any questions/queries on them, please email:
brian <dot> flannelly <at> imra <dot> ie