Irish Mountain
Running Association

Powerscourt Ridge

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
claudia fracchiollaOct 22 2019, 12:11pmIs this event sold out? I am trying to register but can't find how to. Thanks!
Gordon PlaceOct 22 2019, 12:20pmHi Claudia, it probably hasn't gone up for sale yet, if you keep an eye on the 'Purchase Imra Products' page, it should be there soon
Colm MoranOct 25 2019, 1:37pmHi, I got a message from a guy called Elvin Laugier who wants to come and run this race and was wondering if anyone would be willing to host him for the Friday night.
If anyone is able, you can contact him by email:
elvinlaugier@netcourrier.com
Lillian DeeganOct 30 2019, 3:17pm.
**Re: 2019 volunteer prizes: Collecting **

Msg for members who have yet to collect their End of Year prize and/or your Core volunteer prize - With us having just two races left in 2019, please be advised, if you are due to collect an item, you will need to do so at the Powerscourt Ridge race or at the Dec. 27th Rememberance race. Once the year wraps up, so will the 2019 prizes for collection. If you know anyone who is due to collect, might you remind them of the remaining collection dates.

Any queries, send an email to Lillian.deegan@imra.ie

Thanks very much everyone.

Lillian
Wouter GardeynNov 11 2019, 6:58pmHi, I would like to try out mountain running and participate on the Powerscourt Ridge run on Saturday 23 November.
I made myself an account on the imra.ie website. It is a little unclear to me which products on the website I need to purchase (next to the event entry) in order to participate.
Is that:
- annual membership
- replacement bib (or is that part of membership?)
- replacement chip (or is that part of membership?)

And are the bib and chip also valid for 2020?
Gordon PlaceNov 11 2019, 7:54pmHi Wouter, you should see 2019 membership for €3. The other membership item is 2020 and is obviously for next year and to allow entry for the first race in Ballyhoura next year. You will get your 2019 number at the Powerscourt race, and your chip. You keep the chip and only have to buy a replacement if you lose it. The chip carries from year to year. If the chip isn't being used at this race, you'll get it at the next one. You also keep your number for the year and only have to buy a replacement bib if you lose it. You will get a new number for 2020 at your first 2020 race, assuming you get hooked like the rest of us and come back next year
Gordon PlaceNov 11 2019, 7:59pmSorry, just to be clear, you get a new number for 2020 when you buy 2020 membership
Wouter GardeynNov 11 2019, 8:18pmthanks for the help. See you on the 23rd!
paddy CorriganNov 13 2019, 7:45pmHi
For the early start of 10 o'clock
Do you just turn up early on the morning
Or do you have to let you know before hand
Thanks
Conor O'FarrellNov 14 2019, 12:18pmHi Paddy

Normally you declare your early start at sign-in, so no need to do anything else before then.

Con
Mark SheridanNov 18 2019, 11:51amWill we still be able to collect a voucher card at the race?
Lillian DeeganNov 18 2019, 12:11pmHello Mark,

Yes, the race day E50 voucher punch cards will be available for collection at on Saturday.

A reminder for all others who have made a purchase during the year and have not collected their 50 Euro race card - These voucher cards will be at Powerscourt Ridge on Saturday and again on Dec. 27th at the Rememberance race. We start a new purchase listing from Jan. 1st 2020, while the cards have no expiry date, purchases don't carry over year to year. All purchases need to be collected during the year they have been bought in.

Any queries, give me a shout. Thanks, Lillian
Jenny LawlerNov 19 2019, 3:05pmHi Richard,
Can you please tell me how long, approximately, is the short course?
Thanks a million,
Jenny
John MurrayNov 19 2019, 4:20pm.
@ Jenny - Short course Option is approximately 7.5km
Warren SwordsNov 19 2019, 4:38pmShort course is about 7.8km about 400m of climb.
Tim ManganNov 20 2019, 10:22amQuestion about the route: is it the same as the Powerscourt uphill race on the way up?
Gordon PlaceNov 20 2019, 10:37amHi Tim,

If you look at the maps on each event, there is some over lap but you can see where they differ, Powerscourt Ridge goes up via Maulin and back via the WW
Tim ManganNov 20 2019, 10:55amThanks Gordon, I'm sometimes not sure how up to date those maps are.
Justin ReaNov 20 2019, 3:43pmI did the map for this in 2006. And it's still up to date ;-)

Last year we didn't get to Djouce summit because of the wind though.
Richard NunanNov 20 2019, 9:08pmJustin we will be going up it this year :-) Last year the course was 12km, we are back to the normal course this year 16.4km. There will be Marshalls to direct you off the WW going out up Maulin, and then its off to Djouce and back the wicklow way ! Easy !

The descent off the saddle of Djouce is a a mud slide. You will need grip for this race !

Can i ask people to Car Pool from Eniskerry where they can please. Saturday morning tends to be very busy at Crone Wood

Please bring Mandatory Jacket,you wont start the race without one.

Registration will open at 9:15am , early start 10:00am and 10:30 for the race start !
Filipe SousaNov 22 2019, 10:02amHi, when does sign-in close, 10:00? Thanks.
Conor O'FarrellNov 22 2019, 10:18amA reminder to everyone to bring your chip tomorrow, if you have one. You will need this to register for the race. Those that do not have a chip can get one from the laptop operator.

No chip, no scan, no result!

@Filipe, registration normally closes 15 minutes before the regular start, but the RD should confirm this. It us expected to be a very busy race, so don't leave it until the last minute.

Con
Richard NunanNov 22 2019, 10:25amRegistration closes at 10:15 sharp. (Thanks Con)

I would advise, Rain Jacket, Hat and Gloves tomorrow. Rain Jacket is Mandatory !
Tiernan SwanNov 22 2019, 5:55pmCarpool from Enniskerry anybody? I can squeeze 3 or else Myself and friend to go with somebody else?
Andrew MowattNov 22 2019, 6:08pmHi in regards with the chip, can I get that Tomorrow at the race start?
Emma DoodyNov 23 2019, 12:00amAny way someone can buy a ticket late :(? A friend just went online to buy one 10 mins ago and the option is gone
Lillian DeeganNov 23 2019, 12:26am.
Hi Emma, if ye pop to the voucher que at race reg. someone will allow you and your buddy use their race day punch card at 5 yo yo's a punch. I see you have race bib No. 3029. Just be sure the friend is a reg'd member too to save the help desks time at sign-in.

For everyone - it's gonna be a day for the ducks weather wise come day light hours :) No force sevens this year it seems. Happy days!

We forgot to mention earlier, we will have soup, sambos with tea and coffee for all post race in the Powerscourt Arms. So please do head down and grab a bite to eat ahead of the AGM. Marshals and helpers - we will keep plenty for ye too ;)
Emma DoodyNov 23 2019, 12:44amAw thanks Lilian, it’s my first imra race ever so I’m a bit unsure of what I’ve to do tomorrow! So basically arrive at Crone woods to get my chip and register before it closes at 10:15, and the race starts at 10 or 10:30(I’m unsure which time I should be starting at).

And with regards to the race day punch card, payment by cash or card? Hes registered online now, should he buy the €3 membership thing? And will he get a chip tomorrow too? Sorry for all the questions!
Lillian DeeganNov 23 2019, 1:07am.
No probs at all and both of you are very welcome to IMRA.

I'd be saying your best bet is to arrive early, hop in the sign-in que to get your timing chip and race bib No. Have the chats with fellow runners while you que to get an idea if you should take an early start or wait till the mass start at half ten. The 16km route might be a bit of a slog due to the rain and gain, it depends on your ability really. Talk to ppl in the que to get a better gauge for yourself and go from there.

You will need to flash the cash for someone to get your entry fee sorted. I will be above, you can use my card if all else fail with finding a card to use for entry. And yes, your friend will need to be a registered 2019 member to run. He will need to do what you did to get signed up by paying the 3 euro charge. Send me his name if your unsure if he is already reg'd. I'll check for you. The €3 charge covers membership, a race bib No. and a chip timing tag.
Bronagh CheethamNov 23 2019, 9:26am***carpool** anyone in area wanting to carpool from Powerscourt Arms in Enniskerry meet me here. !
Paul O'GradyNov 23 2019, 2:14pmYou’d need two showers after that - one to get clean and one to get warm.

Thank you to Richard and his team of volunteers for a fitting curtain closer to the season.
Peter BellNov 23 2019, 4:54pmMassive thanks to Richard and his crew for a great race today. Loved it!! It wasnt the nicest day to be standing around in the cold and rain. Nice one!
Richard NunanNov 23 2019, 7:06pmWell done again to everyone who ran today, it was an epic day out in the hills !

Results will be up later (Conor got voted back in) ......

Just to say a huge thanks to our Volunteers. It would have been so easy to cry off. So thanks to Phil, Gordon, John M, Kevin, Edel, Kevin, Patsy, Conor, Hugh, Niamh (also from Cork :-)) Ann-Marie, Miriam. Conor, Lillian, Stephen and the one and only John Condon (Image-Guy)
Andrew HanneyNov 23 2019, 8:31pmphotos are up on Facebook, the uploader on the site isn't working unfortunately.
Kevin O'RiordanNov 23 2019, 8:40pmJason will have that fixed by tomorrow ;-)
Lillian DeeganNov 23 2019, 8:49pm.
Kudos to RD Rich Nunan - that was a wonderful one today, fair play! A great lively, laughter filled hang loose kinda one waiting for the returns.

Congrats to the newest Club 100 member - Gordon Place. Wear that shirt well young man ;)
Paul BurchmoreNov 23 2019, 9:30pmThanks to everyone who made it possible today. I’ve to be able to do the full route after last year’s high winds. Thanks to the marshals, not a great day to be standing about!
Conor O'FarrellNov 23 2019, 10:01pmHi All

Results are now up. Please email results@imra.ie for any queries.

Thanks
Con
Conor O'FarrellNov 23 2019, 11:18pmHi again. I see there a few issues with the some of the short course results. Please email as above , that would be a great help. I will have them resolved in the coming days.
Gordon PlaceNov 23 2019, 11:20pmThanks to Richard and all the gang, great race in interesting conditions!
I have David's (Naylor) M40 prize by mistake so will return it ASAP, or if David wants to text me his address I'll stick in the post, looks like he doesn't get to too many races? Well done David! Oh8six ate541ate8five
Tiernan SwanNov 24 2019, 11:07amMany thanks to Richard and Crew for all your efforts yesterday! Greatly appreciated! Great turn out for a great event! Wild stuff altogether in every sense!
Justin O'KeeffeNov 24 2019, 10:01pmSuperb event, almost biblical but fun- thanks to the RD, markers, volunteers and marshalls. Such an incredible way to end the main season. We are so lucky!
Basil GeogheganNov 24 2019, 10:29pmI wish I had finished in 2:01 but I was an early starter...you may want to amend the result
Basil GeogheganNov 24 2019, 10:30pmI wish I had finished in 2:01 but I was an early starter...you may want to amend the result
Andrew MowattNov 24 2019, 10:48pmThank you to all the crew and everyone who helped it was A great race my first actually with imra really enjoyed it!! Does anyone have any photos from it??
John CondonNov 25 2019, 8:37amHi Andrew. Follow the link.

https://m.facebook.com/100010809573189/albums/10162746659045360/
Mary CollinsNov 26 2019, 6:59pmThanks Richard to you and all your volunteer team. Difficult weather day in the rain and cold to stand out there for several hours to allow rest of us to run /climb. Much appreciated.
Rachel BurgessNov 28 2019, 5:13pmHi-just wondering if amended results are going up?
Thanks
Conor O'FarrellNov 29 2019, 9:37amHi All

Amended results are now up. There are possibly a couple of runners that were not noted as short/early whose times need to be adjusted. Please let me know if this is the case: results@imra.ie

Thanks
Con
Miriam MaherNov 29 2019, 10:04am@Rachel Burgess. You were our F40 after all - apologies for not having that information finalised after the race. I have your age category voucher. If you'd like to email me - miriam.maher@imra.ie - I can organise to send it onto you. Cheers, Miriam
Gordon PlaceNov 29 2019, 11:12amSo it's Tim Charnecki's voucher I have by mistake, well done Tim!
If Tim wants to text me his address I'll stick it in the post, if not I'll return it on the 27th. Oh8six ate541ate8five
Joe LalorNov 29 2019, 5:01pmIt was disappointing to see a number of discarded gel wrappers on the race route on Saturday. Although I can't be sure they were dropped by race runners they were fresh enough to suggest that they were.
Laura FlynnNov 29 2019, 6:32pmThanks for bringing this to our attention Joe. It’s very disappointing if the littering was done by IMRA members as we pride ourselves in our environmental awareness and leave-no-trace policy. It’s sad that people need to be reminded but we’ll take it on board to remind race Directors to spell it out for participants.
Andrew HanneyNov 30 2019, 9:05pmPhotos are up! Tag away.
Gordon PlaceDec 5 2019, 4:53pmM40 voucher has been posted to it's rightful owner, Tim