Irish Mountain
Running Association

Glen of Aherlow Ultra Trail Run

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Brian FlannellyAug 17 2018, 7:58amEntries now open for this event - closing Saturday 1st September at 11pm - just login to MyIMRA and go to "PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS" tab
Brian FlannellyAug 23 2018, 10:17pmDue to logistics in preparing for this event, entries will now close earlier than previously advertised - on Friday 31st August at 5pm - just login to MyIMRA and go to "PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS" tab.
Eileen KeohanAug 31 2018, 9:40pmHi there,
I'm sorry to trouble you, I didn't cop that there was a newer deadline for the Glen of Aherlow Ultra. Just wondering if it's still possible to enter?
Eileen
Robbie WilliamsSep 1 2018, 10:57amCongratulations to all those entered this year.
Due to a large number missing the entry time we will re open registration on Monday from 9am to 11pm
****There will however be no t-shirts available for these late reg runners as order has gone to supplier at this stage.
Eileen KeohanSep 3 2018, 1:52pmThanks a million, delighted to be able to enter but such a pity about the t-shirts.
Eileen.
Mark O KellySep 6 2018, 10:30pmHi, I know I have no excuses for not entering on time and will not make any but is there any opportunity to enter at this late stage? Apologies for the inconvenience but would love to take part if at all possible. Thanks, Mark
Mark O KellySep 6 2018, 10:30pmHi, I know I have no excuses for not entering on time and will not make any but is there any opportunity to enter at this late stage? Apologies for the inconvenience but would love to take part if at all possible. Thanks, Mark
Mark O KellySep 6 2018, 10:31pmHi, I know I have no excuses for not entering on time and will not make any but is there any opportunity to enter at this late stage? Apologies for the inconvenience but would love to take part if at all possible. Thanks, Mark
Mark O KellySep 6 2018, 10:31pmHi, I know I have no excuses for not entering on time and will not make any but is there any opportunity to enter at this late stage? Apologies for the inconvenience but would love to take part if at all possible. Thanks, Mark
Barry HartnettSep 6 2018, 11:26pmSorry Mark, there’s not, the registration was already extended to facilitate people who missed the cut. Plenty of volunteer spots going though.
Lukasz BugajskiSep 8 2018, 4:24pmIs there a time limit in this race?
Barry HartnettSep 8 2018, 5:44pmHi Luckaz,

For the safety of runners and sanity of our volunteers all competitors must have started their 3rd lap before 13:45hrs.
Historically the very last runners to finish have taken (on average) 8hrs:30min to complete the course. (8 mins per km avg).
Lukasz BugajskiSep 9 2018, 3:14pmThanks.
Are there points for this race?
Robbie WilliamsSep 9 2018, 7:00pmNo, it cannot be as on looped course.
Lukasz BugajskiSep 9 2018, 10:44pmBut after this race I can do Wicklow Way?
Robbie WilliamsSep 10 2018, 2:03pmAre you talking about the wicklow way race in June (127km)?
Im sure the RD would take this race into consideration when sending your entry in next year
Robbie WilliamsSep 10 2018, 2:03pmAre you talking about the wicklow way race in June (127km)?
Im sure the RD would take this race into consideration when sending your entry in next year
Patricia BlackburnSep 11 2018, 9:54pmHi all,Hope you'r all set for Saturday.Just a few things to remember.Race Headquarters is in LISVERNANNE VILLAGE in the community centre.Reg for the ultra will be open at 6.30.The marathon will open at 8.30 and the half at 10.30.Parking is in the GAA field at the rear of the centre.There will be parking attendants on duty so please follow their direction.Ultra and marathon will start in the village the half will start at the IORN BRIDGE about half a mile away, so allow yourself enough time.You will get your T-shirt at regirstation.Your race number will be your voucher for your meal. There will be showers in the GAA dressing rooms beside the centre. Ultra and marathon :your numbers will be marked with a highlighter to distinguish events for the time keepers at the finish.
A long sleeve water proof jacket is the mandatory kit. We have 4 aid stations at 9k,12k,16k, and 21k(iron bridge).There will be an unmanned station at around the 5k mark also. The iron bridge is where the half starts and will also be the drop off zone.There are prizes for first/second and third in each event. The course is well marked with red and white tape and red arrows on white background.Please bring own bottle as it is refill only at the aid stations.Hope you all enjoy your trip to the Beautiful Glen of Aherlow ,safe running and may the fastest STAG,FOX & HARE win!!!
Brian FlannellySep 16 2018, 10:45amResults are now up for this event - any questions/queries on them, please email:
brian.flannelly at imra dot ie
Barry HartnettSep 17 2018, 7:51pmHi folks,
A huge thank you to everyone who volunteered and took part in this fantastic race. I hope everyone had a good day. Best of luck with your next event.
BH