Irish Mountain
Running Association

Prince William's Seat

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Jason DowlingMay 20 2018, 7:50pmI have updated the event details for this race which include new parking location and a visual of the new route. Route is in good condition and is a very enjoyable run. I have tried to keep the fire-road to a minimum but that couldn't be avoided at the start/finish area. Full details on the event page. Looking forward to seeing you all on June 6th..
Mikey FryMay 20 2018, 7:59pmMe too:)
Stuart ScottMay 21 2018, 12:15pmLooks great Jason! Well done to all involved in reviving the race and negotiating the new parking location.
Jason DowlingMay 24 2018, 9:36pmLooking for a laptop operator, race marker and a few more volunteers for this race. For anyone thinking of doing the race marking and is hesitant because they are unsure of the route, then let me know and we can arrange a recce before the race, it's a fairly straight forward route.
Jason DowlingMay 31 2018, 6:17amThanks to everyone who has signed-up to volunteer at this event to-date. It's really nice to have a full compliment one week before the race. We now have all the volunteers we need. See you all all Wednesday.

For those looking to volunteer at a future race, Brenadan's race at Scarr will be the next one after PWS, so try to sign-up early as it really helps a lot.
John MurrayJun 5 2018, 10:19amHi Jason,

It's my first Volunteer Role so not sure on the procedures. What time do you need volunteers to arrive at?

John
Jason DowlingJun 5 2018, 11:01amHi John,

An email went out last night with full instructions, maps, gpxs etc. Could you check your inbox or spam folders to see if it was received? Either way, could you be there for 6pm please? Please don't hesitate to contact me if any others questions arise.
Cheers, Jason.
John MurrayJun 5 2018, 11:24amGot it Jason! I'll be pushing to get there for 6 but shouldn't be long after it. Tks!
Fiona ByrneJun 5 2018, 6:35pmHi folks, Is there an early start tomorrow. Thanks.
Jason DowlingJun 5 2018, 6:58pmHi Fiona,

There will be an early start at 7pm tomorrow available for people who are consistently over 160% of winner's time in previous races.

Hope that helps,
Jason.
Jason DowlingJun 5 2018, 10:05pmHi All,

Car-parking is in the field right beside the start line. It's 3 euro per car so please bring exact change.

Cheers,
Jason.
Claire HickeyJun 6 2018, 7:43amHi,
It's my second race of the year and didn't realise that you need to keep your number. Will I be able to get a printed number this evening?
John J BarryJun 6 2018, 8:06amAsk for a blank number at registration and a big black marker!!
Karen DevenneyJun 6 2018, 5:59pmReplacement number costs a voucher stamp
Gordon PlaceJun 6 2018, 8:59pmGreat race and route, thanks Jason and all the gang
John J BarryJun 6 2018, 9:43pmBrilliant route Jason and Co.

I left my runners behind me in the field. Pair of Altra. Hoping someone picked them up.
Martin BagnallJun 6 2018, 10:40pmThanks Jason and team, great job - excellent route, really enjoyed it.
John McCannJun 6 2018, 11:13pmThanks Jason and all the volunteers for a really enjoyable evening. The route was brilliant. Hope it stays on the calendar next year.
Caoimhin MacMaolainJun 6 2018, 11:24pmThanks very much Jason and volunteers for organising the race this evening. The route was great.
Stuart ScottJun 7 2018, 12:57amThanks Jason for your flawless organisation as usual. Well done Justin and all involved in resurrecting the PWS race. Nice trip down memory lane and great to see it back! It's always a sign of a good race when you get home and find straw in your under-shorts and have no idea how it got there...
Miriam MaherJun 7 2018, 7:42amThanks Jason, Peter and all the rest of the volunteers for a fantastic evening on the hills. Loved the route and the flapjacks and miwadi orange courtesy of the scouts was just the ticket afterwards! Very well organised. Hope this is kept on the calendar next year.
Brendan LawlorJun 7 2018, 9:13amWell done Jason, Justin and team.. great race, lovely new route and a class parking field!
Henny BrandsmaJun 7 2018, 9:50amWell done Jason and volunteers for a great run last night on Willie's seat,great course and very well run.
Eva FairmanerJun 7 2018, 11:42amA huge well done to Jason and his Army, an excellent route and well done on organising the sunshine. A huge thank you to all those who stopped to help me after my tumble near the finish at the cost of their own race - Hazel and Lyndsay and especially John and Lar who carried me gallantly up to the fire road and kept me in stitches with their wit. John (of the fine beard) who was a gentleman and so kind and Roisin and Gill for the ice-pack and Jason who came up in his car to bring me back to the finish. After a Swiftcare visit I have torn ligaments and am in a boot and on crutches...I live to tell the tale!
James ClancyJun 7 2018, 2:12pmWell done Jason and Co, for a fantastic night last night. So well organised. Great new route which we will hopefully see again!! Thanks again
Barry MurrayJun 7 2018, 4:20pmIt was good to be back in the Wicklow hills albeit temporarily.

A perfect evening and lovely course. I know it so well now after Jason's description :-)

The more I get to know IMRA folk, the more I mention in race reports so the longer they get.

Warren has one up too, thanks for the mention Warren !
Mikey FryJun 7 2018, 4:57pmHa ha Barry maybe someone else mentioned you too in a report:)
Robert CostelloJun 7 2018, 5:01pmThanks Jason and co for a great race last night.
Robert CostelloJun 7 2018, 5:01pmThanks Jason and co for a great race last night.
Andrew HanneyJun 7 2018, 5:46pmThanks Jason and volunteers for a super race, have to agree with everyone else that it’s a great course and hopefully a keeper for next year!
Brendan LawlorJun 7 2018, 5:50pmHi John J Barry

There is a pair of runners with the race kit.. I'll have them at Scarr next Wednesday
Brian O MurchuJun 7 2018, 10:42pmJohn,
Did you exchange your shoes for a replacement number?!
Jason DowlingJun 8 2018, 6:52amThanks for everyone for the positive feedback and the route itself appears to have been well received. The sun certainly helps but the behind the scenes work of all the volunteers on the night really helped ensure the race went as well as it did so a big thank you to all of them for the help on the evening (and in the days/weeks beforehand).

@Eva: Thanks very much for the update and hope to see you on running on the hills in the very near future.

In the pre-race briefing, I gave a brief discussion on the potential dangers of getting a tick bite. Further information on this can be found at <a href="http://www.ticktalkireland.org/">www.ticktalkireland.org</a>. Please take the time to read this (thanks to Niamh for the link).
Jason DowlingJun 8 2018, 6:53amThe link didn't come out as well as I was hoping, the link to the web-site is: www.ticktalkireland.org
Donal BradyJun 8 2018, 11:51amWas my first proper IMRA race (having only previously done the WW Relay a few weeks ago) and really enjoyed it. Great course and well organized. Thanks to all.

Just a question when are the results normally published?
Conor O'FarrellJun 8 2018, 12:14pmThanks for a great race Jason, and all your volunteers.

The calves have only just stopped burning from the relentless climb from the start all the way up to PWS. Great fun on the descent, where I was passed by Stuart, but managed to retake him shortly after(this will never happen again, so I'm loving it). :-)

I tried the same on Fiona non the final fire road section, but she taught me a lesson instantly as she powered back past me to the finish line. It all makes for good fun and banter!
Ann HoranJun 8 2018, 12:15pmWell done on your first IMRA race. Hopefully it’ll be the first of many.

With regard to the results, sometimes they go up within a few hours of the race finishing and sometimes it takes more than a week.

IMRA depends on volunteers to sort results so we need to be patient.
Donal BradyJun 8 2018, 12:24pmThanks Ann. No problem, was just wondering what the norm was. Thanks again to the volunteers!
Jason DowlingJun 8 2018, 12:44pmIt will most likely be early next week before the results are posted, i.e. Monday or Tuesday evening.
Conor O'FarrellJun 8 2018, 12:51pm@Jason, especially with a winning time of "around 35 or 36 minutes" ;-) Lol.
Susan KennedyJun 8 2018, 3:41pmThanks to Jason and all the volunteers for organising a great race. Shout out to Gill for the ice pack and first aid at the end, seems you were busy on the night! Thanks also to those who looked out for me after my tumble. Sprained ankle for this rookie mountain runner, but looking forward to getting back out there! :)
Karen DevenneyJun 10 2018, 8:14amResults are up now, email me at Karen.Devenney at IMRA dot ie if any issues
Jason DowlingJun 26 2018, 9:41pmJust a small addendum to this, the monies collected at the gate for parking were donated by the landowner to Purple House Cancer Support in Bray. Thanks everyone.