Irish Mountain
Running Association

Croagh Patrick

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Vivian O'GormanApr 22 2010, 10:23pmAnother year and one of our great mountain races is again on the horizon. Saturday May 1st at 2.30pm to be exact.

Unfortunately Campbells Pub is still closed but the new owners hope to have it open for the Bank Holiday week end all going well.We wish them all the best for whenever they do open.

Registration for the race,prizegiving and results will take place as usual in the car park.Registration will finish at 2.15pm.

I just need a couple of helpers -- one for the top of Croagh Patrick beside the church as it is a King/Queen of the Mountain race - two more for race registration and another two for the finish.Paul O'Malley of Mayo Mountain Rescue has offered to look after first aid again this year.

Don't forget this is a pilgrimage Mountain so you must give way to walkers when you are ascending and especially so when you are decending.If you want to admire the views by all means do but stop running first before you do!

Also don't forget to bring your own food and water etc.and bring your rubbish home.

Hopefully the sun will be shining and Leinster will win!

See you all there!

Damien CunningamApr 27 2010, 10:18pmHi Vivian,

I can help out at Croagh Patrick race on saturday, but just need someone to invite me to Myimra...

email is damiencunningham( AT )hotmail.com

Cheers
John ShielsApr 27 2010, 10:29pmI hope to be there by 13.00 hrs so can help with the start.
John
John ShielsApr 27 2010, 10:40pmLike Zoran I will be driving down in the van on Saturday morning - leaving Dublin around 8-8.30am and will be coming back to Dublin on Sunday or Monday,(haven't decided yet).
I can bring one person from Dublin and potentially two more from Westport, so if anyone want sto carpool let me know (john AT actionphotography DOT ie).