Irish Mountain
Running Association

Christmas Turkey Trail Run (Djouce Djog)

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
jJean O'NeillDec 11 2016, 10:20pmCan one enter on the day for this race? And pay on the day?
Laura FlynnDec 12 2016, 5:45pmHi Jean. Which race are you referring to?
Laura FlynnDec 12 2016, 5:45pmHi Jean. Which race are you referring to?
Jean O'NeillDec 12 2016, 10:53pmDecember 27th 2016. I'm have having trouble logging in to My Imra, I've forgotten ky password and there does not seem to be an option to reset it.
Paul SmythDec 12 2016, 11:43pmHi Jean,

Click on the LOG IN TO MYIMRA link near the top of the IMRA home page. On the screen that appears click on the ‘Forgot Password?’ button. In the screen that appears enter your email address and click submit. Wait a minute or two then check your email for an email containing an authorisation code. Then follow the instructions on the IMRA page that appeared when you clicked submit.
Andrew HanneyDec 13 2016, 8:25amJean, afaik the run on 27th is an informal run, and no payment needed. Can anyone confirm?
Gavan DohertyDec 13 2016, 10:34amHi Andy,

Festive delusion I'm afraid. The committee would prefer a properly-run event (it badly messes up any results if you try to do it any other way), so that's what we're going for (bah, humbug!).

That said we'll have some festive nonsense such as fancy dress and whatever else Santa Claus leaves us with...

The site details are being updated over the next day or two, so keep an eye on the forum & event page.
Karen DevenneyDec 13 2016, 11:51amOnline entry is now open for this or you can register on the day by paying with a voucher
Andrew HanneyDec 13 2016, 1:23pmNo problem Gavan, looking forward to some festive nonsense and mince pies. Hopefully Plucks will be open this time :)
Gavan DohertyDec 15 2016, 3:05pmHello IMRA people,

I hope you're all enjoying the festive buildup and another impressive Wicklow Round...

The Turkey/Fancy Dress/Djouce Djog Christmas jamoboreee madness epic is all set to go ahead on December 27th next at 11am. The route is the same as the "Earl's Drive" trail league (https://www.imra.ie/events/details/id/1266/). This is a 'normal' race ie with a fee/vouchers accepted but I understand 2016 annual registration is reduced to €3 for anyone that hasn't run this year. Please note the new IMRA registration system introduced in 2016 is in use, details on https://www.imra.ie/events/view/id/1345

I'm looking for a few volunteers. The good news is that very few are required. For now:
- race marker/marshall. Ideally a person who has a rough idea of the area and could possibly make it down in advance.
- Experienced Shadow Laptop Operator; you have experience with the laptop and registration systems, but would like to run. On the day you will coordinate the registration folk with your knowledge of the laptop/results system, but be free to run once all in place
- [related to above] Laptop Operator; can't run but will get expert tuition from the Shadow Laptop Operator
- First Aider (non-running position)

I also require Jimmy Synnott (or others) to document the years of the Djouce Djoggers' exploits on this loop. As far as I know the Djouce Djog ran for about 25 years informally, with Jimmy a regular winner. I've no other details... I could do with a few others to tell tall tales about fancy dress of yore (Bray Head, Sugarloaf, http://www.iol.ie/~imra/index2.html, http://www.iol.ie/~imra/index2.html etc). Post anything relevant here...
Miriam MaherDec 15 2016, 7:33pmHi Gavan, count me in for the shadow laptop operator-who-wants-to-run, will give anyone willing to do the laptop a dig out with the set up and the end of race results. Can I presume the chip timing isn't fully operational yet 'cos I don't know that system...yet. Also - there's a junior route if memory serves me from the earls drive race?
Alan ConnollyDec 19 2016, 12:40amHi guys ....I'm new to this Craic, I've just signed up for the run on the 27th and also bought the required membership for 2016 . What's the story on the day do I just register like any normal race and will I pick up my number before the race ?
Cheers
Gavan DohertyDec 19 2016, 5:08pmHi everyone,

I know the new system is an improvement (I'm just not familiar with it) so Miriam has effectively made the race happen!

We still need a Laptop Operator, Marshall, First-Aider and one or two non-running volunteers to take numbers manually. For the laptop you don't need any experience (I'll run through the basics in advance with you) so feel free to step forward if you're curious and know how to use any kind of computer.

@Alan Connolly; once you have a 2016 number and are registered for the race (or have bought a book of vouchers), you just turn up on the day in time to pick your number up.

@Miriam; based on the Competition Rules at https://www.imra.ie/constitution/ a 17-year old male can run up to 8k (up and down races) so should be fine for this trail race. There is currently no short course planned (shout if you're demanding one and are willing to marshall it).

Thanks,
Andrew HanneyDec 19 2016, 6:03pmGavan, happy to help out, will run unless you're stuck.
James CurranDec 23 2016, 11:34amAny experience on laptop would be good. So if you are stuck.
Gavan DohertyDec 24 2016, 3:25pmHello everyone,

Pre-registration/online entry for the Djouce/Earl's Drive/Christmas Turkey run will close at 8pm on Stephen's Day (26th).

Happy Christmas!
S.M. GriffithDec 26 2016, 2:04pmHappy Christmas! I went to purchase an entry on the website and the only product choice that appeared was a Race Voucher for 2016. What shall I do as I don't have any race vouchers left. Please and thanks :)
Gavan DohertyDec 26 2016, 4:07pmHi Sorcha,

I don't control that side of the website. It was definitely working as there are about 20-30 runners pre-entered. At a guess the entry window is pre-configured and its default expiry has been reached.
If anyone on the committee that can control this part of the website reads this could they extend the entry window to 10pm tonight and let us know?

If you have a 2016 race number I have a voucher with some spares on it so I'll sell you one if the pre-entry doesn't get sorted.

Regards,
Miriam MaherDec 26 2016, 4:21pmHi Sorcha/Gavan - yeah, there's no option to pre-entry currently. Sorcha - I have spare vouchers too. Can sort you out as well. See you all in the am!
S.M. GriffithDec 26 2016, 4:56pmCheers Miriam and Gavan- I will buy one of one ye tomorrow so :)
S.M. GriffithDec 26 2016, 4:57pmmust be the sugar high.... 'I will buy one off one of ye tomorrow so'!
Heather WoodDec 26 2016, 5:23pmHi Gavan, Miriam, If I could also buy a voucher from one of you - or from anyone else in the morning it would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Neil Gilleran McLoughlinDec 26 2016, 7:03pmHey there!

Is the registration already closed for tomorrow run? A friend of mine was trying to purchase it there but its gone from the products page.

Thanks in advance
Donna MahonDec 26 2016, 7:07pmHi Gavin,won't be there til 10:15, but I can help with reg or demark course. See you in the morning
Farron FlahertyDec 26 2016, 7:21pmI'm the friend Neil was referring to. Yeah pre-registration not working for me, just signed up for this race, bit late but before 8pm cut off. Only products I can see are vouchers and a race on the 31st.

Would someone be able to sort me out with a voucher tomorrow?
Gavan DohertyDec 26 2016, 8:19pmHi Farron,

I've another space on my voucher - come along tomorrow and I'll sell it to you!
Andrew HanneyDec 27 2016, 8:46amWrap up warm, volunteers, zero degrees in wicklow this morning!
Val JonesDec 27 2016, 5:50pmThanks for a great run today Gavan. Earls drive is a lovely route for shaking off the Christmas excesses. Perfect weather too, Thanks James for marking, I believe thats the first time I've completed all those loops correctly.
Gavan DohertyDec 30 2016, 9:03amMany thanks to all who came out for the Turkey Trail/Djouce Djog/Earl's Drive race. The weather was perfect - clear and dry - and the course fast. Ger Malony, Tara Shirley and Luke Maher took first place in the categories while John Fitzgerald was a worthy winner of the fancy dress prize (full Santa suit - check out the photo on https://www.imra.ie/photos/view/id/128564/).

Thanks are due to the various volunteers that made it possible, particularly at this time of year when there aren't official 'volunteer' points to be had - volunteers in the true IMRA spirit.

I'd love to read a race report from someone out on the course.... any takers? The results will be up in due course and I hope to see you all in 2017.