Irish Mountain
Running Association

Ballinastoe

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Eric EaganJun 27 2016, 5:11pmWe will be in Ireland for this race and Croagh Patrick - Seems like carpooling is the way to go - While we do have a rental we would love to meet up with someone who knows the way a bit more - Any thoughts on this???
Vivian O'GormanJun 28 2016, 9:37amHi Eric - give me a call any evening except Wednesday and
I will fill you in - 087 4150398
Eric EaganJun 28 2016, 1:55pmGreat - Thanks so much! We arrive on Thursday morning this week so we will call then! Much appreciated
Eric EaganJun 28 2016, 1:55pmGreat - Thanks so much! We arrive on Thursday morning this week so we will call then! Much appreciated
Richard MorganJun 29 2016, 1:39pmJust registered & put link on carpool, happy to avoid parking issues/share fuel costs. I cannot find registration/token link on the website though & a pointer in the right direction would be much appreciated!
Brian O MurchuJun 29 2016, 7:36pmAnnual membership and preregistration will be available tomorrow
John FitzgeraldJun 30 2016, 2:16pmI am R.D. for this race. Thanks to all those who have volunteered -I have enough volunteers now. Could all volunteers be at registration at 6 o clock please. I will give you your duties then.
There will be an early start at 7 o clock sharp for those of more than 160% of winning time.
There will be a Junior short course.
Car parking is limited so please carpool if possible. Car parking will be available at Ballinastoe Golf Club across the road from registration at a charge of €3 per car. There is no parking permitted on the road. Please follow marshal instructions.
Don't forget your mandatory jacket and official IMRA race number.
Angus TynerJun 30 2016, 5:42pmZoe & myself are marking route. I have done recce and route will be same as last year and year before that. The young trees have closed across some sections but we"ll do some pruning to reduce the impact. The route differs a little from the attached map only along the western descent, otherwise it is the same. A 2.5k out & back and a 6k anticlockwise loop in the woods in the middle.

This course is favourite for many. Read previous years race thread for feedback.
Brian O MurchuJun 30 2016, 8:10pmNew map uploaded, courtesy of Angus
Brian O MurchuJul 4 2016, 7:03pmIMRA yearbooks have been selling like hotcakes! Limited number left on 'purchase IMRA products', and collect at Ballinastoe:)
John FitzgeraldJul 4 2016, 9:47pmHi folks.Preregistration closes at 6pm tomorrow (Tuesday) night -so do it now.
Don't forget your Jacket, your official race number and your voucher -if you have one.
James HeggieJul 5 2016, 5:04pmI am doing my first race on Wednesday, I have registered and paid my annual membership and bought the race vouchers.
Will I be given my IMRA race number and vouchers when I arrive for registration? As I have bought vouchers can I just turn
up at races no need to pre-book?
Brian O MurchuJul 5 2016, 5:35pmHi James,
Welcome to IMRA! Your race number is 1573, this will be available for your collection at registration tomorrow. Entry is voucher OR pre-reg, so all you need to do tomorrow is collect your 10 race voucher, sign-in and collect your number -a jacket is mandatory, so do bring one
Happy running!
Barry BreslinJul 5 2016, 6:24pmCan you still register?
Brian O MurchuJul 5 2016, 6:55pmPre-registration is closed Barry, but vouchers are transferable so you can get someone to get you in on their 10 race voucher #SocialNetworking
Barry BreslinJul 5 2016, 7:20pmThanks Brian
Barry BreslinJul 5 2016, 8:10pmAnyone running tomorrow who'd be willing to sell me a running vouchure would be greatly appreciated. Thanks barry
Eileen RowlandJul 5 2016, 9:46pmHi Barry, I have spare vouchers and you are v welcome to one. - I am No 220.
Barry BreslinJul 6 2016, 7:20amThanks Eileen. See you later. Thanks again.
barry
Barry BreslinJul 6 2016, 7:20amThanks Eileen. See you later. Thanks again.
barry
Brendan CarriganJul 6 2016, 9:06amHi - If I buy race vouchers now do I just collect them at registration this evening or how do I get them?

Thanks, Brendan
Brian O MurchuJul 6 2016, 9:17amHi Brendan,
The option to purchase race vouchers closed at 18:00 yesterday. As you already have 2016 annual membership, you could informally purchase a voucher off someone with a 10 race voucher at the race. No need to post in advance here as there will be plenty of obliging people at the race tonight
Brendan CarriganJul 6 2016, 9:26amThanks Brian - I'm registered but my brother couldn't as there was some issue with his number last week and his email address wasn't recognised when he went to register yesterday (Denis Carrigan - Race No 1554). Maybe buying a race voucher informally this evening is the easiest short term fix?
Thanks, Brendan
Brendan CarriganJul 6 2016, 1:54pmAnyone got a spare voucher I can buy for this evening?
Thanks, Brendan
David MeagherJul 6 2016, 3:15pmI am trying to register a new member as he is hoping to run tonight, when I login to Purchase Imra Products the option is not available. Is there another way I can register a new member
David MeagherJul 6 2016, 3:15pmI am trying to register a new member as he is hoping to run tonight, when I login to Purchase Imra Products the option is not available. Is there another way I can register a new member
David MeagherJul 6 2016, 3:16pmI am trying to register as a new member so I can run tonight, when I login to Purchase Imra Products the option is not available. Is there another way I can register.
Brian O MurchuJul 6 2016, 3:23pmSorry to be the bearer of bad news, but registration closed 18:00 yesterday:(
David MeagherJul 6 2016, 3:25pmBrian, thanks I was not aware, will check in again.Dave
Brian O MurchuJul 6 2016, 3:31pmAnnual membership will be available again tomorrow:)
Richard MorganJul 6 2016, 3:33pmI have contacted my car pool, Tanya glad you have another 'backup' lift.. Vivian thanks for confirming via text I've missed registration cut-off, being a newcomer what i'm actually looking for is details how I gain registration?
Richard MorganJul 6 2016, 3:34pmHaving paid to join, I wouldn't want to miss the next event!
KR
Niall CorriganJul 6 2016, 4:39pmI have a spare voucher for tonight if you need Brendan?
Brendan CarriganJul 6 2016, 4:46pmAh great thanks Niall - how does it work? Do I need to meet you at the registration desk beforehand???
Thanks again, Brendan
Brendan CarriganJul 6 2016, 4:46pmAh great thanks Niall - how does it work? Do I need to meet you at the registration desk beforehand???
Thanks again, Brendan
Thanks again, Brendan
Niall CorriganJul 6 2016, 5:05pmYeah I'll be there or thereabouts.
Pádraig MoorehouseJul 6 2016, 5:45pmHi I'm new to IMRA, I purchased vouchers last week but didn't know about registering for tonight. If I know my voucher number does that mean I can run tonight?
Cheers!
Andrew HanneyJul 6 2016, 5:48pmJust collect your voucher book tonight and sign the registration form and your able to race.
Pádraig MoorehouseJul 6 2016, 5:52pmThank you Andrew
John ShielsJul 6 2016, 10:00pmThat was a savage course this evening, really enjoyed it.
Eileen RowlandJul 6 2016, 10:29pmGreat race tonight. I dropped my voucher card (and a tenner!) if anyone happens to find it. My name and race number is on it - No. 220. Here's hoping !
Paul V MitchellJul 6 2016, 11:03pmGreat course, definitely has the most varied terrain of any course I've ran.
The uphill in the second half seemed endless.
Andrew HanneyJul 6 2016, 11:45pmWell done to all the volunteers on an excellent race with a fantastic course that had a bit of everything, very enjoyable.
John FitzgeraldJul 7 2016, 1:32amI sincerely hope you all enjoyed the famous Ballinastoe race tonight. A huge thanks to Angus and Zoe for marking the course so well again this year.To Marian,Karen and Paidraig on laptop,to Paul and Brian on first aid, to course Marshalls Zoe, Patsy, Paul, Gordon,Caroline and Mark, to the one and only Vivian and to All the wonderful volunteers for making our race tonight -for me -an unforgettable experience.
Pól Ó MurchúJul 7 2016, 7:02amWell done John on your first race as RD. Excellent job. Very well organised. Thank you.
Laura FlynnJul 7 2016, 7:21amWell done on a great job last night John.thanks also to all the volunteers and especially to Briam and John on first aid for patching me up.
Paul MahonJul 7 2016, 8:59amSuper Job John as a 1st time RD comfortably showing how easy it can be with good director skills and a willing and able team assisting - Particular thanks to Angus & Zoe for super marking of the route - a pain to mark but such fun to run :-)
Laura FlynnJul 7 2016, 9:33amApologies, the excellent care I got at the first aid station was from Brian and former champion mountain-runner Paul Nolan...sorry Paul and thanks again!
Warren SwordsJul 7 2016, 10:06amGreat race last night. Thanks to all the volunteers. Course marking was superb.

Ballinastoe is one of the highlights of Leinster league. Never disappoints.
Warren SwordsJul 7 2016, 10:06amGreat race last night. Thanks to all the volunteers. Course marking was superb.

Ballinastoe is one of the highlights of Leinster league. Never disappoints.
Angus TynerJul 7 2016, 11:30amI'll claim that Warren :) Thanks for positive feedback. Not everyone got round without a hiccup. A couple times it needed calls from other runners to stop some from going astray and one had to retrace her steps to get back to the course. I'm mindful that the course has to be demarked and it was after 21:30 when all the marshalls/demarkers got back to carpark.

As for the marking, Zoë and myself work as a team with me ahead and Zoë instructing, "you need one there" or "that's good"...

A bit of panic with some white tape across the course for Bike event at weekend, first of which was early on and the thought then that the whole wood/course could be obstructed with numerous lengths. It ended up with just 6 lengths, but I had thoughts that we may have to cancel I wasn't in mind to make a new route off the cuff couple hours before race.
Paul V MitchellJul 7 2016, 11:32amWhen are results expected to be up?
Andrew HanneyJul 7 2016, 1:20pmmy first ever effort at a race report is up.
Vivian O'GormanJul 7 2016, 1:47pmThe results will be up in the next day or two...
Diarmuid O'ColmainJul 7 2016, 4:30pmAgree withe comment about marking - very well done. Everytime I found myself wondering where to go I looked up and there was a marker.

If everyone marked in the same style we would get used to it and would save marking effort and tape.

I have to admit there was one long long stretch with no confidence boosting marker and I was wondering!!!! When along came someone behind me going the same direction and I knew I was right!
Iosac ColemanJul 7 2016, 11:57pmdid anyone come across a race voucher in the pub after prize giving by any chance ?
Rachel CinnsealachJul 8 2016, 2:08pmA big well done to John and all the volunteers on Wednesday night. It was a really well organised race. Thanks to Angus and Zoe for marking, and to Patsy and Caroline for demarking… There sure was a lot of tape!!! I loved the route, lots of twists and turns and uneven ground… All different types of terrain… the 2nd ascent nearly killed me. A great route and a great night out. Laura, hope you are OK? Iosac hope you get your voucher back. #Ilovehillrunning
Graham ChampJul 8 2016, 4:31pmBrilliant race for the most part. I was really enjoying the downhill through the trees & have to say it was very well marked which made it easier. Just as I was thinking I am really enjoying this part of the race (at about the half way mark) I had to go & roll over on my ankle. It was a long walk back to the start but for once I got to stop & enjoy the scenery during a race :)
Would like to thank everyone who helped me, checked on me during the race & waited on at the finish for me to get back, all the volunteers & the RD for a very well run race.
Big thanks to Mark & Paul for walking so slowly with me & strapping my ankle up at the end. Thankfully nothing broken but will be on the crutches for a few days anyway. So much for Croagh Patrick!
Alan AylingJul 8 2016, 7:55pmMissing voucher: located. :-)
Race results: still MIA. :-(
Alan AylingJul 8 2016, 7:55pmMissing voucher: located. :-)
Race results: still MIA. :-(