Irish Mountain
Running Association

Scalp

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Damien CoyleMar 9 2016, 12:38pmHi Everyone

Just wanted to let you all know that I have put myself forward to be the Race Director for the Scalp Leinster League Race on Wednesday 11th May 2016 at 7.30pm.

Will post details, recces, volunteers needed closer to the time.

Also would like to take the chance to wish Mick Hanney the very best of luck with his event at Annagh Hill this coming Saturday 12th March 2016.

Mick has put in an immense effort to ensure that this will be a safe, fantastic and successful event for all.

I can't make it myself however I'm sure those who can make it are in for a great day of racing and camaraderie.
Well done and good luck Mick, I'm sure it will be epic.
Colin DoyleMar 9 2016, 2:30pmHi Damien,
I'm down as one of your helpers for Scalp, I would like to be summit marshal on carrickgollogan after my registration duties if that suits?
Damien CoyleMar 9 2016, 3:36pmHey Colin, there is a bit of a mix up, Viv O Gorman is actually going to be Race Director and I will be Deputy Race Director.
Thats no problem at all with the summit marshalling. Thank you for volunteering to help out and look forward to seeing you there.
Regards,
Damien
Vivian O'GormanMay 9 2016, 1:21pmHi Folks -

Everything is looking good for Wednesday evening.Even the weather
is getting there! You need that for the old folk don't ya know - the Jim Fitzs, the Evas and the Patsy Mcs...!!!

Some reminders -

Preregistration closes at 6pm tomorrow (Tuesday) night - so do it NOW!
Don't forget your jacket and race number
As well as your race voucher - if you have one

NO money will be taken on the night...

Have a look at the events page for registration guidelines

Race registration opens at 6 and closes at 7.15 sharp

There is a good 10 minute uphill walk to the race start

There is a one loop course for under 15s - ask me at race registration

Parking is 3 euro per car - try carpooling from the Golden Ball

I have enough volunteers now and I will be in touch with you all shortly
Andrew HanneyMay 9 2016, 5:49pmThanks Vivian, looking forward to it.
Vivian O'GormanMay 9 2016, 10:32pmI have emailed all the volunteers regarding duties.If any of you didn't receive it please let me know here.

Thanks
Vivian O'GormanMay 9 2016, 10:32pmI have emailed all the volunteers regarding duties.If any of you didn't receive it please let me know here.

Thanks

Thanks
Vivian O'GormanMay 10 2016, 8:56amThis is a reminder!!!

Please remember race registration for tomorrow nights race CCLOSES AT 6PM THIS EVENING!
If you have not registered yet please do so now! Don't wait until lunch time or this afternoon or when you get home -
Go into myimra - purchases and buy - NOW while you're on the site -
Make sure to pay your 10 euro membership fee and either the race vouchers or 7 euro for this race only
You can do none of the above AFTER 6pm this evening

Also don't forget your jacket and official imra race number
If you have lost your number we will give you another one - for a small fee - the race number is not official if it doesn't have imra printed on it -

So see you all tomorrow night....
Michael DonoghueMay 10 2016, 10:14amHi my race number may have fallen victim to spring cleaning in our house. Would it be possible to get a new number 1142 for collection tomorrow? I will have race vouchers to pay. Thanks Michael
John J BarryMay 10 2016, 11:46amIt will just be a blank sheet and a Marker/pen.

So if you have an old number from another event, you can make it up yourself. We will be doing the same tomorrow evening.
Brendan LawlorMay 10 2016, 12:09pm'- the race number is not official if it doesn't have imra printed on it -' - from Vivian above

Home made numbers are not allowed from what I understand - Committee might confirm this?
Laura FlynnMay 10 2016, 12:14pmMichael, you cannot just write out a new number yourself. The proper procedure is that you make contact with the race director or person manning the numbers' desk on the night of the race and he or she will write out a new number (the same as your previous one) on the blank IMRA numbers. You will need to pay a penalty by having a voucher punched, either from your own or someone else's voucher card...so the cost is €5. Otherwise you cannot run.
Laura FlynnMay 10 2016, 12:15pmMichael, you cannot just write out a new number yourself. The proper procedure is that you make contact with the race director or person manning the numbers' desk on the night of the race and he or she will write out a new number (the same as your previous one) on the blank IMRA numbers. You will need to pay a penalty by having a voucher punched, either from your own or someone else's voucher card...so the cost is €5. Otherwise you cannot run.
Vivian O'GormanMay 10 2016, 12:49pmMichael just see me before you sign in...
Michael DonoghueMay 10 2016, 3:12pmThanks Vivian, see you there
Karen DevenneyMay 10 2016, 9:47pmJust a reminder to all runners that everyone needs to sign in at registration tomorrow regardless of whether they have pre-paid online or are paying by voucher. This is for both insurance and safety purposes. If you haven't signed in before the race, your result will not be recorded. We also ask that all runners check in at the finish, be it in crossing the finish line with race number clearly visible or make contact with RD if pulling out.

And finally just to reiterate Laura's post earlier, you cannot run without a race number. If you forget or have lost your number, you can get a new official number issued by making contact with the RD at the cost of a voucher stamp. Otherwise you cannot run. So in short, don't forget your race number!

See you all tomorrow:)
James H CahillMay 12 2016, 10:29amWell done Vivian and all the volunteers for a great race, and for handling so many runners so smoothly. You nearly have this race director lark cracked Vivian.....a bit more practice and you'll be there! Thank you for the birthday buns Jack Fairmainer and happy Birthday
Andrew HanneyMay 12 2016, 10:50amThanks to Vivian and volunteers for another great Wednesday nights entertainment (and the race as well ) :)
Vivian O'GormanMay 12 2016, 12:43pmHi Folks,

I want to give a BIG Thank You to ALL the volunteers who helped me last night.They had to work particularly hard to register so many runners in such a short space of time.

My apologies to all the ladies at the prizegiving.I got there at the very end!!

And congratulation again to Jack Fairmaner on his 10th birthday. I hope the pint he had with his dinner went down well!! Lovely Buns as well - thanks Denise
Brendan CarriganMay 12 2016, 2:27pmGreat event yesterday - really enjoyable especially the pints and sandwiches afterwards :)

Any idea when results will be posted

Thanks again
Brendan
Brian FennessyMay 12 2016, 2:32pmAnother great success last night thanks to viv and the other volunteers.....special thanks to james cahill66 not only for the lift to and from the race and also for buying me a pint but also for the enterainment in the pub....hope to make next Wednesday.cheers folks
Brian FennessyMay 12 2016, 4:14pmOne other person I forgot to thank and probably the most important from my point of view was gavin doherty for the loan of his runners...thanks gav I didnt see you in the pub after but if you're at next weeks race I owe you a pint of the black stuff.
Laura FlynnMay 12 2016, 4:29pmDon't tell me Gavin ran it in bare feet...and he still,went flying past me!?
Well done Vivian and your team on an excellent race - a great night was had by all.
Karen DevenneyMay 12 2016, 9:21pmCongrats to Vivian and crew on another great race and well done to all who ran. It was a great night and there was a brilliant atmosphere in the pub after too:)

Results are up, any issues email me at karen.devenney at imra dot ie

Roll on next Wed!
Pól Ó MurchúMay 12 2016, 10:50pmWell done Karen...finally :-) I think my time is wrong...I'm sure there were only 2 seconds between myself and Conor not 4...can this be changed please?
Denise AirlieMay 13 2016, 9:12amHi, I think I missed a chunk of the trail on Scalp, as I definitely should have been last or near last! So please edit runner 1138 as DNF. Sad but true: next time my PB will be to finish (preferably not last) and and not get lost! 4th time lucky...
Mike JordanMay 13 2016, 11:05amLooking at the results I see that henceforth James Cahill must be referred to as James H Cahill. Makes sense if he wants to be taken seriously as a poet but what does the H stand for???
Stuart ScottMay 13 2016, 11:16amI suspect it was James' disappointment that another James Cahill had arrived first and forced the real James Cahill to be known as JamesCahill34 or whatever his date of birth is!
James H CahillMay 13 2016, 12:42pmIn order to clarify:

Firstly I don't have a date of birth. I, in fact, was launched upon the world and am (I hope) immortal!

Secondly, the H will not be revealed but will remain open to speculation. In fact, I would suspect that the H is unguessable!
Brendan LawlorMay 13 2016, 2:08pmA very fine runner was James
With an alias as one of his names
But the 'H' in between
What can it all mean
'Highfaluting' like most of his claims
James H CahillMay 13 2016, 3:28pmBrilliant Brendan An excellent try from the Poet Laureate - but incorrect!
James H CahillMay 13 2016, 3:28pmBrilliant Brendan An excellent try from the Poet Laureate - but incorrect!
Miriam MaherMay 13 2016, 3:31pmHubert or Horatio
James H CahillMay 13 2016, 3:37pmWhat kind of witchcraft is this rumbled by Miriam on the second guess! I think I'll have to go back to the "1924" after my name
Graham K. BusheMay 13 2016, 3:43pmHoward, Harold, Herbert, Hugh,
Henry, Hank, to name a few.
But Miriam is in the know,
It's Hubert or Horatio!
Graham K. BusheMay 13 2016, 3:46pmHoward, Harold, Herbert, Hugh,
Henry, Hank, to name a few.
But Miriam is in the know,
It's Hubert or Horatio!
James H CahillMay 13 2016, 3:58pmBoth the Yeats and Seamus Heaney Summer Schools have serious competition this year. Who knew that IMRA was such a pent up vault of literary talent and excellence!