Irish Mountain
Running Association

Howth Summer

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Brian PhelanJan 17 2016, 8:04amAnyone going through Blessington to today's event in howth.. I have car problems... :(
Brian O MurchuApr 22 2016, 11:31amShiny new map reflecting course outline for Wednesday. Please note the new registration guidelines on the event page details
Brian O MurchuApr 22 2016, 11:34amAnnual membership will be available until Tuesday at 18:00. Then you just have to decide to enter via vouchers or pre-entry
Andrew HanneyApr 25 2016, 5:53pmIs this the same route as last year? Which was 9k?
Brian O MurchuApr 25 2016, 5:55pmRoute is confirmed on map, it's exactly 8k!
Brian O MurchuApr 26 2016, 2:42pmThinking of doing Howth? Annual membership available until 18:00 today!
Kieran CrowleyApr 26 2016, 5:26pmRoles for tomorrow - please be there at 6 if possible.

- Summit Marshall and remarking course: Rory Campbell.
- Midway Marshall and remarking course: Fergal Downes
- Junior Turnaround marshall and remarking course: Val Jones.
- Registration: Matthew Sammon, Trevor Woods1, Caroline Reid, Eddie Reid, Owen Fletcher, Damien Coyle, Karen Johns, Liam Cannon.
- Finish Chute: Liam Cannon, John Collins, Caroline Reid, Eddie Reid, Trevor Woods1
- Parking: Gerard Clerkin, Becky Quinn, Deirdre O'Riordan, John Collins
- Mark Course: Jeff Swords, Kenneth McCarthy & Val Jones.
Damien CoyleApr 26 2016, 7:18pmHello Kieran
I will be coming straight from work in the City centre to Howth. Should be there for 6pm. If you need anything else on the meantime, my email address is mrdamiencoyle@gmail.com
Let's hope we get a nice evening for it.
See you then.
Damien
Brendan CarriganApr 27 2016, 10:47amHi Kieran

I'll definitely won't be able to there by 6pm as coming from Blackrock and won't be leaving work until about 5.45pm. Is that too late ??? Probably will only be there at 6.30pm at the earliest

Let me know what you think
Brendan
Brendan SheridanApr 27 2016, 3:32pmHi how do I pay for this event as in purchase IMRA products it listed over events and not this one?
Brendan SheridanApr 27 2016, 3:40pmHi all

Could you please let me know how do I pay for this event as in purchase IMRA products the Howth Summer event isn’t listed to purchase entry?

Thanks

Bren
Deirdre O'RiordanApr 27 2016, 3:50pmSo sorry for the short notice but I won't be able to make it tonight, my apologies for the inconvenience.

Deirdre
Stuart ScottApr 27 2016, 4:13pmHi Brendan. The race details explain this - if you have registered for the year already and have a race number then you might be able to borrow a voucher from someone and still race. If you haven't registered, then you'll have to wait I'm afraid.
Pól Ó MurchúApr 27 2016, 5:45pmTonight's race has been cancelled as the president forgot his runners...

Anyone going tonight happen to have a spare pair of runners handy...forgot to throw in the car...size 9/9.5 but will try anything! Thanks. P ;-)
David GrayApr 27 2016, 6:17pmI'll have spare size 10 none trail runners if they'll be any good to you Pol?
Pól Ó MurchúApr 27 2016, 6:26pmPerfect.
Karen DevenneyApr 27 2016, 11:43pmWell done to Kieran & crew for putting on a great race tonight. I'd never done that route before but between the good weather & views at the top, I loved every minute

Results are up, drop me a mail at karen.devenney at imra dot ie if there's any issues
Thomas O'SullivanApr 28 2016, 9:09amGreat race last night. A particular compliment goes to whomever amended the start point to move it further away from the first pinch point. By having the first 700m with plenty of room it gave the field plenty time to space out and avoided the crush/flying elbows at the steps.

While it's not always possible to have a wider lead-in at every race, it's worth considering where the space is available as it worked very well.
Owen FletcherApr 28 2016, 9:13amPhotos are uploading now...apologies for the blurry ones...I got caught in that hail shower at the start and didn't notice the moisture on the lens.
Ronan LynchApr 28 2016, 2:01pmHi folks. I mislaid a dark green rain jacket around registration area or finish line in Howth yesterday evening. By any chance did someone take it with them when they saw it was abandoned? Many thanks. Ronan
ps many thanks to teh team for a great race!
Damien CoyleApr 28 2016, 4:05pmRonan's Dark Green Rain Jacket.
I have it but sold it on eBay
LOL only joking. It's safe and sounds and with me with the race kit. I will be Race Director at Carrick Mountain next Wednesday 4th of May 2016 do you can collect it then or if you require it sooner you can contact me here or at mrdamiencoyle@gmail.com
Ronan LynchApr 28 2016, 5:51pmHi Damien - many thanks for rescuing the jacket! I had planned to retire from hill running after last night but now have a good reason to hit Carrick Mountain next week! Thanks again! Ronan
Kieran CrowleyApr 29 2016, 12:49pmThanks to all the volunteers on Wednesday