Irish Mountain
Running Association

Bray Head

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Pól Ó MurchúApr 4 2016, 9:23pmBray Head Forum Post
Pierangelo RosatiApr 5 2016, 10:28amAnyone leaving from North Dublin or from the city centre?
Laura FlynnApr 8 2016, 9:28amA big thank-you to all who who volunteered so far without me having to ask once. I almost have enough but could do with one or two more.

All competitors, and particularly those who have not competed this year already, should READ the NEW REGISTRATION GUIDELINES.

We are NO longer acccepting MONEY at races.

Unless you intend using a race voucher to pay for the race, you will need to REGISTER ON-LINE for the event and for the year if this is your first race this year.

If you have bought vouchers on line and are collecting them please bring confirmation of payment.

Registration will close at 6PM the evening before the race to allow us print off the list of runners. If you want to run and have missed this you can use your or someone else voucher if they are willing. However you will need to be registered for the year( €10 paid on-line).

On the night you will be directed either to the 'Registered on-line' table to sign in or to the 'pay with voucher' table to have your card punched AND SIGN IN.

If this is your first race this year, you will collect your number which you KEEP for the year. Please bring confirmation of number and registration.

If you have already run this year you will or should have your number with you. Its quite a headache for the organisers if you forget your number so PLEASE bring it.
Mike JordanApr 8 2016, 10:38amHi Laura. Just put myself down there as a volunteer. I can give Adrian a hand with marking/de-marking and happy to marshal out on the course. Mike
Laura FlynnApr 8 2016, 3:17pmThankks Mike.
I will put you down for Summit Marshall then and demarking after last runner through.
Hope you get nice weather now.
David GrayApr 8 2016, 3:54pmHi Laura, I'm a volunteering (and LL) newbie, so you could probably pencil me in for something where I can't do too much damage and am under someone's watchful eye!
Andrew HanneyApr 8 2016, 6:17pmIf anyone wants to go over the route tomorrow afternoon let me know.
Adrian Tucker RIPApr 10 2016, 5:00pm@ Mike: Will be glad of the help marking the course Mike if it suits you. Hope to be at the start line at 6pm to head out & mark
Mike JordanApr 10 2016, 5:07pm@ Adrian: Thanks for all the photos yesterday. I think I saw you about 3 times! I'll aim to be there before 6pm so. See you there.
Laura FlynnApr 10 2016, 5:08pmThanks Adrian for marking the course once again...delighted to have it in such capable hands. Do you want to get marking gear at Killiney after Goal race or do you want to collect at my house in Terenure?
Also, Andrew,mid you do your recce can you let us know if there are any issues with the course.
PLEASE NOTE as Bray race is less than 8k there will be no early start orJuniors course this year. Juniors. Can run the full course.
Mike JordanApr 10 2016, 5:10pm@ Laura: I'm living beside Bushy Park so I can collect the marking gear from you next week.
Laura FlynnApr 10 2016, 5:12pmI have enough volunteers now for Bray... Thanks to you all. I will post up closer to the date what roles are allocated.

The Martello have very generously, once again, offered to provide soup and bread rolls at the prize-giving.
Laura FlynnApr 10 2016, 5:14pmThat would be great Mile or I can drop to you. I will have them after next Wednesday night.
Andrew HanneyApr 11 2016, 8:49amLaura, I went over the course on Sat, no issues at all. Pretty slippy on the downhill as it had been raining just before. But that just depends on the day.
Sarah BradyApr 14 2016, 12:37pmHi! Just wondering would there be anywhere to leave a bag with a change of clothes for the duration of the race? Was thinking of getting the DART out, so I wouldn't have a car to leave my stuff in. Thanks. :)
Laura FlynnApr 14 2016, 12:46pmHi Sarah, you can generally leave your bag in the room where we register at the Hotel but please don't leave any valuables just in case as we cant accept responsibility.

I usually have one of the volunteers stay while the race is on so if anyone wants to put their hands up for that now please do.
Sarah BradyApr 14 2016, 2:44pmThat's great, thank you Laura! :)
Laura FlynnApr 17 2016, 9:50amThe team for Wednesday is as follows:

Welcome Team: Damien Coyle and Tanya Sheridan ( you need to be quite vocal and ensure people go to the correct desk ie pre-pay or pay with voucher...see my previous post re new Registration guidelines).

Voucher Collection: Rozanne Bell and Daniel Whittaker. (you will have a list of people who have paid for vouchers on-line Rozanne. They should have their confirmation email and when they hand that in you tick them off the list).

Voucher sign-in : Sarah Ní Ruairc and Becky Quinn...make sure you punch voucher card.

Pre-pay sign-in: Vivian O' Gorman.

New Number Collection: Anthony O' Reilly and Shay Foody.

Finish Line: David Gray, Niall Lynch, Rozanne Bell and Sarah Ní Ruairc.

Please arrive by 6.15 for briefing at Hotel.
Laura FlynnApr 17 2016, 11:45amMike, I have the marking gear in my house if you want to collect it today. Am heading off for cycle soon but should be here from 5 pm for evening.
Graham ChampApr 17 2016, 12:48pmIt is probably staring me in the face but where is the registration? I saw mention of a hotel but didn't see the name of the hotel.
John J BarryApr 17 2016, 5:09pmThe Martello Bar, Bray. It"s in event details tab
Graham ChampApr 17 2016, 8:34pmThanks, Sorry I must have looked past that a couple of time.
Laura FlynnApr 18 2016, 3:54pmI previously posted that there is no junior course. However, by junior I meant 16-19 year olds.

For anyone 15 and under they will run to the cross. Anyone else must do the full course as part of the race.

If you start the full course and switch to the junior course or do not compete the full course you will be recorded as a DNF.

If this happens you will need to tell the results team at the finish to avoid confusion in the results as has happened in previous years.
Brian O MurchuApr 18 2016, 10:58pmAny yearbooks purchased will be available for collection at race registration:)
Laura FlynnApr 19 2016, 5:58pmTo all runners tomorrow:

Remember to bring your NUMBER.

Remember to bring a JACKET. if you finish and are discovered not to have carried one you may be DNFed.

Every year we have issues with the results.

One of the main reasons is people who run without a number for whatever reason. Please please please if you do not have a number do NOT run through the finish line.
Please also have your number visible on the front. If you've put on and zipped up a jacket please unzip it so the number is visible.

If you've taken the short course or turned early you need to tell the recorders on the finish line. Unless you are 15 or under you will be recorded as a DNF.

Also when you finish please stand in an orderly within the cones until your number has been taken down.
Andrew HanneyApr 19 2016, 7:17pmAnd don't forget to touch the cross!
Laura FlynnApr 19 2016, 8:48pmCorrect Andrew ....on way up only ,not on way down ...Marshall will be checking!,
Mark SmithApr 20 2016, 10:28amHi,
Just read the new sign up details!!!
First run of the year,Tried buying vouchers last night but something was up with my log in!!
Just wondering if anyone would have 2 spare vouchers for tonight's brat head race????will obviously pay for them!!
If anyone can help please txt me on 0863088052,
Tks,
Mark smith
Mark SmithApr 20 2016, 10:28amHi,
Just read the new sign up details!!!
First run of the year,Tried buying vouchers last night but something was up with my log in!!
Just wondering if anyone would have 2 spare vouchers for tonight's brat head race????will obviously pay for them!!
If anyone can help please txt me on 0863088052,
Tks,
Mark smith
Brian O MurchuApr 20 2016, 10:37amHi Mark,
Have you registered for the year? One would need to have purchased annual membership before entering any races
Mark SmithApr 20 2016, 11:23amNo unfortunately not....was trying to yesterday and again this morning!!
The only thing that it was saying I could purchase was the yearbook!!
Brian O MurchuApr 20 2016, 11:50amI highly recommend the yearbook!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it seems with Annual membership closed you won't be able to register for tonights run. When it's back available, once it's purchased you can then enter any race with vouchers or pre-reg
Eoghan BrennanApr 20 2016, 11:54amHi all,
I've paid my 10€ registration and 50€ for race vouchers however I haven't signed up for tonight's race. Am I still okay to run? It's my first race of the year so I haven't got my race number yet either.
Thanks
Eoghan
Brian O MurchuApr 20 2016, 12:05pmHi Eoghan,

To enter Bray it is either voucher or pre-reg.....so seems you're sorted with vouchers:)
Cora MarshallApr 20 2016, 12:36pmIs there any way to enter tonights race, or is it too late?
Brian O MurchuApr 20 2016, 12:47pmIf you've registered for the year, you could enter the race with a race voucher. If you've not registered for the year....sorry, it's too late
John LangenbachApr 20 2016, 12:49pmIf you've only just registered today it's probably too late, as your details won't be on the computer.

But .. the 10 race vouchers are transferable, so even if you don't have your own, as long as you're already registered on the system ahead of the cutoff (i.e. run already this year or registered earlier in the week) you can arrange with someone else hanging around at the sign-in to use one of their prepurchased vouchers.
Laura FlynnApr 20 2016, 1:31pmI have a voucher card so if anyone wants to run and has already registered for the year let me know and I can share with you. You can only do this if your paid your €10 annual membership...otherwise you can come and spectate on what looks to be a glorious sunny evening.
Laura FlynnApr 20 2016, 1:31pmI have a voucher card so if anyone wants to run and has already registered for the year let me know and I can share with you. You can only do this if your paid your €10 annual membership...otherwise you can come and spectate on what looks to be a glorious sunny evening.
Ken CowleyApr 21 2016, 5:01amWell done to Laura and her team for running the usual great start to another IMRA summer Leinster league. It was a cracking night to run my 100th race! Can I use this opportunity to give a shout-out for volunteers for the West Dublin Peaks race which I'm RD-ing on Sat 18 June, it's a handy way to mark off one of your non-running volunteer slots to claim your LL prize (and it's a Dublin race at 11am so you won't be gone all day). Thanks.
Laura FlynnApr 21 2016, 8:31amWhat a glorious night on Bray Head last night to open this year's Summer League. Thanks to my fantastic team of volunteers once again and well done to the 211 runners and to John Sheils once again for catching all the action on camera even though he was sorely tempted to be out there running. If anyone or ones would like to do a race report feel free....it's nice to get a couple up from the different perspectives ,ie front,back and middle of field...12 year old and 80 year olds...well done to you all!
Gareth LittleApr 21 2016, 10:03amDon't forget to get your Club 100 t-shirt, Ken!
Tiarnan JohnstonApr 21 2016, 10:13amFantastic evening for a run and start to the Leinster League. Thanks Laura and all the other volunteers.

There was some confusion over my registration before the race and I don't seem to have been given a result. I was given race number 1250 before the race.
Brian O MurchuApr 21 2016, 10:19amHi Tiarnan,
You'll need to email the results & records secretary, Karen. Results won't get amended on posts in the forum
Brendan LawlorApr 21 2016, 10:29amSuper well done to Laura and her very efficient team of helpers last night. The first LL race or two of the year is always a bit chaotic with new registrations, queries, new members etc and more so this year with the new race registration procedures so big kudos to everyone for dealing with this so well.

It still amazes me that people rock up to a race with the ' I don't read the IMRA website forum ' story - 'well how did you know the race was on then?? Anyway lets all play nice

Next up we have a new Race Director who will give Damien Coyle a run for his money in the enthusiasm department - best of luck to Jason on Saturday and see you all there!
Paul GrantApr 21 2016, 12:14pmWell done to Laura and the team last night, it was great race and really well organised particularly with the crowds for the first race of the LL. Kudos especially for organising the perfect weather!
James H CahillApr 21 2016, 1:42pmThank you Laura and all your volunteers for a great run on Bray Head yesterday. Very well organized from registration through to the finish chute - which seemed to work well. Followed up by delicious soup and rolls and an excess of chocolate in the Martello......a great evening out. Thank you.
Pól Ó MurchúApr 21 2016, 6:00pmCompetition is on for the race report of the year with Ronans fantastic effort there :-)
Lorcan FarrellApr 21 2016, 7:50pmA big thank you to Laura and all the volunteers yesterday for their super smooth handling of a very busy race! Very organised and everyone had big smiles on their face from the enjoyment of the evening. A big thanks to you all for the evening.