Irish Mountain
Running Association

Howth Summer

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Alan MaherJan 10 2015, 7:08pmI want to do first IMRA Event next Sunday in Howth. Can anyone advise on how to complete membership and what is the fee?

Thanks,

Alan Maher
Richard NunanJan 10 2015, 7:50pmHi ALAN,

If you click on "Purchase IMRRA products" you can purchase membership for 2015. It is 10 Euro.

You then have the option to pay 7 Euro on the day OR purchase a race voucher. The race voucher is 50 euro and can be used for 10 races.

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you in the hills
Leah McCabeJan 14 2015, 11:18amHi Alan,

I bought a set of race vouchers, do I need to print them from somewhere or is it just the voucher number I need for Sunday's event in Howth?

Thanks,
Leah
Richard NunanJan 14 2015, 12:37pmHi Leah,

You would have received an email confirming your purchase. Bring the email OR a print out of your purchase history.

Thanks

Richard
Derek KellettApr 25 2015, 8:19pmSo where is the start ?
A. The GAA Club
B. Deer Park Hotel
C. The car park up by the summit pub
John J BarryApr 25 2015, 9:07pmDetails in "Event Details" tab !!!
Rachel CinnsealachApr 26 2015, 12:15pmThis is to be confirmed. Kieran is currently organising. Most likely Deer park hotel.
Derek KellettApr 26 2015, 12:18pmIt says "prize giving" in the GAA club, the maps show both the GAA club& the car park beside the summit pub & 3 months ago with the same maps we started in Deer Park when the GAA club was closed. I don't intend to be a smart ass but if I'm still asking it means ......... :)
Derek KellettApr 26 2015, 12:20pmSorry all, I was typing as Rachel was putting up her reply
Kieran CrowleyApr 26 2015, 9:42pmJust a note on the race on Wednesday:

1. Place to register will be the The Deer Park Golf Club. No early starts allowed for this race.

2. Please carpool or Park at the promenade and walk.

3. The race start will be adjacent to the Deer Park golf club

4. Thank you in advance to all those who have volunteered. All volunteers please be available at the Deer Park Hotel for between 5.45 and 6pm.. Please wear warm clothing as we may be standing out in the cold for 2 hours.

5. If not already renewed membership, please renew online and bring a print out of your confirmation email with you. A copy on your mobile device is also sufficient.

6. Mandatory kit is Jacket and Hat. You will be required to show these at the start line and race finish.

I have allocated the following roles to the other volunteers and you might let me know if you have any issues:

- Summit Marshall and remarking course: Ruairi Short.
- Midway Marshall: Thomas O'Sullivan
- Junior Turnaround marshall: Joan Flanagan.
- Collecting money: Deirdre Bohan, Eoin Fegan, Tina Bergin.
- Finish Chute: To be assigned.
- Collecting and sorting numbers: To be assigned
- Parking: To be assigned
- Mark Course: Jeff Swords + To Be assigned.
Kieran CrowleyApr 28 2015, 7:58pm- Summit Marshall and remarking course: Ruairi Short.
- Midway Marshall: Thomas O'Sullivan
- Junior Turnaround marshall: Joan Flanagan.
- Registration: Connie McCann, Alice Clancy,Brian O'Murchu,Val Jones,Philip Wharton and Cillin Corbett.
- Collecting money: Deirdre Bohan, Eoin Fegan, Tina Bergin.
- Finish Chute: Alice Clancy, Brian O'Murchu and Cillin Corbett
- Collecting and sorting numbers: Connie McCann.
- Parking: Aidan Blighe, Regina Kelly, Warren Swords
- Mark Course: Jeff Swords, Declan Moyles & Andreas Kusch.

Car Pool: From Marine Hotel in Sutton
Pub afterwards: Marine Hotel in Sutton

Course: Just one loop of Howth head running back to the finish you cover the winter route without going up the steps but turning left into the golf course instead. We figure this was best as it would be too dangerous to descend those steps so close to the finish.
Regina KellyApr 29 2015, 1:52pmI will not be early enough to do parking Kieran. I am working until half five and wont be there until around 6:00/6:15. That's why I put myself down for first aid. Could you please change my job?
Thanks,
Regina
Warren SwordsApr 29 2015, 1:52pmHi Kieran.

I'll have to be a maybe for the parking as I may not get down till close to 7.30pm.

Will be fine to do first aid for the duration of the race though.
Philip WhartonApr 29 2015, 5:57pmI am leaving office on Talbot Street now. ETA 6:30.
Tks,
Phil.
Philip WhartonApr 29 2015, 5:57pmI am leaving office on Talbot Street now. ETA 6:30.
Tks,
Phil.
Aoibheann GaughranApr 29 2015, 9:00pmHanded a pair of blue brooks cascadia into lost and found. Some drove off without them !!
Andy HanneyApr 29 2015, 11:07pmThanks to all the volunteers for a great race.
Aileen BrightApr 29 2015, 11:30pmAoibheann - thanks so much for picking up my shoes! I did indeed just drive off without them! I spotted them in the hotel bar but didnt know who to thank so THANK YOU!
Simon SheridanApr 30 2015, 3:00pmHello,
Just wondering when we can expect to see results?
Many thanks to all the volunteers - first race: very tough but rewarding!
Simon
Aoibheann GaughranApr 30 2015, 3:07pmNo problem Aileen.

Thanks organisers and marshals - enjoyed my tough first imra event, despite getting lost at the end!! Ah sure what's another km?!
Gareth LittleApr 30 2015, 4:27pmSimon, results can take from a few hours after the race to a couple of days. It depends on how busy the results volunteer is. Thanks
Kieran CrowleyApr 30 2015, 5:23pmVolunteers thanks for your help last night.
Brian O MurchuApr 30 2015, 9:39pmWonderful starting point by the castle, and the beautiful finishing avenue of cherry blossoms!
Pól Ó MurchúApr 30 2015, 11:48pmResults up now. Thank you Gareth. I couldn't have put it nicer myself ;-)

As always any errors please drop me a mail pol.omurchu@imra.ie with the title Howth Results