Irish Mountain
Running Association

Sorrell Hill

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Paul KevilleJun 3 2014, 3:24pmThere are still a number of volunteers needed for this event. I need a laptop operator, first aid and I need more volunteers for other duties, marshals, starts, finishes etc. Dont forget that to claim your leinster league prize you will need to complete two non - running volunteering roles. Get your volunteering duties in before there's a rush at the end of the league when we find the situation where race directors have turn away volunteer's
Oran MurphyJun 5 2014, 7:16amHi Paul, I see I'm down twice! Can do summit marshall for this plus bring a camera to the top to take some shots of tired faces at the top!
Mike LongJun 5 2014, 11:44amIn keeping with the theme of the last few weeks we intend to change the route slightly to maximise open mountain running and minimise fire road. In this case the change will be small and will not change the length or climb in the race. The route is same up and down. It will leave the main fire road from the start earlier than the last few years. In fact this is the original early 2000's IMRA route which at that time was through forest. On the way back you will be rewarded with fantastic views of Blessington Lake!
Jill WalkerJun 5 2014, 3:55pmIs there am early start on wed for Sorrell hill?
Paul KevilleJun 5 2014, 5:55pmThere will be an early start. Please indicate this at the start when signing in. As this race goes into the national park npws have restricted entries to 200. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done about this. Entrants will be subject to first come first served basis. I am still very low on volunteers. I need a laptop operator, first aid and more non-running volunteers.
Brendan LawlorJun 5 2014, 10:30pmHi Paul

Can you send me your email address?

blawlor7 (at) gmail dot com
David PenderJun 6 2014, 11:30pmHi, spoke to someone helping out last night about this and they told me to go on forum and contact brian o'murchu about this. Problem is I bought a ten race voucher in January and had three races to go and washed the card and it's now confetti! Paid last night the seven euro for carrick but is there any way I can get a race card for the three races I have left?

Seems a bit unfair if I will have to pay for those races again and at a higher price. Hopefully there is a record of all the races I have done this year and this can be sorted out.

Thanks and I am sorry for the hassle.
David pender
Brian O MurchuJun 7 2014, 9:13amThat's interesting someone told you to speak to me, I would like to find out who referred you....

I just do races so I'm speaking in an unofficial capacity, but my understanding of the race vouchers card is that if you buy them, you're responsible for them
David PenderJun 7 2014, 9:15amHi brian,
It was an older guy. Think gene was his name. If you can't help would you have the Name of whoever could. Would you have the name of the current imra secretary for example?

Maybe they could help?
Thanks,
David
James H CahillJun 7 2014, 1:20pmHi David, full contact details for the committee are here : https://www.imra.ie/contacts/ I am not sure who handles the race vouchers, but perhaps Richard Nunan can advise on the policy on lost / damaged cards.
Richard NunanJun 7 2014, 1:51pmHi David

unfortunately we cannot replace lost, misplaced or severely damaged race cards.

We try and offer alot of flexibility with the use of these cards. Eg being able to use one to pay for your friends. Pay for the carpool driver. We don't track the usage in-order to facilitate this flexibility.

The trade-off unfortunately is that we can't replace lost or pulped ones.

Cheers

Richard

We covered all this last year.

https://www.imra.ie/forum/topic/id/3372
Brendan LawlorJun 7 2014, 1:58pmURGENT

Paul needs a few more volunteers for next Wednesday (especially Laptop and First Aid) - if we don't get them we have no race
John CondonJun 8 2014, 8:01pmHi Paul. I have some of the race gear. First Aid Kit. Race numbers and float / money box. My address is jcondon72 at gmail dot com. We can arrange handover before Wednesday.
Paul KevilleJun 9 2014, 12:33amUrgent urgent urgent I've already made two calls for volunteers so this will be my last appeal for volunteers. I urgently need a laptop operator, first aid and non-running volunteers. Unless I get sufficient number of volunteers the race WILL NOT GO AHEAD. I do not want to be the first race director to cancel a race but I be left with no option. I also don't want the situation where the old reliables put themselves forward for the cause.
Richard LeahyJun 9 2014, 8:30amPaul, I have just put my name down as a helper - I haven't done laptop operator before but would be willing to learn on the job.
Maike JürgensJun 9 2014, 9:17ami have only learned how to use the laptop last week but figured it was pretty straight forward especially if you are used to some level of computer usage. happy to show someone how to use it as a running volunteer if i could get a lift down with a volunteer.
Peter LinneyJun 9 2014, 9:33amPaul, I voulnteer to help this wednesday. Please get in touch and let me know what you need me to do.

Pete
Gareth ShawJun 9 2014, 9:33amHi Paul. I can be a non-running volunteer. I haven't worked the laptop before, but happy to give it a go if needs be. Otherwise can help as needed.
Jim FitzharrisJun 9 2014, 9:52amHi all,

If Richard Leahy and Gareth Shaw could contact me offline, I can send you a short instruction manual for the laptop as a Word document.

I can also help out with the laptop in advance of the race.

My email address is jim dot fitzharris at smurfitkappa dot com

Cheers,

Jim.

Brendan LawlorJun 9 2014, 1:50pmUPDATE

Laptop crisis sorted -First Aider needed and we have a race - ANYONE??
Richard ChurchJun 9 2014, 2:53pmBrendan/Paul

I have volunteered for this and have a BASP mountaineering (3 day) first aid cert and would be happy to act as first aid unless anyone better qualified comes forward.

Richard
Paul KevilleJun 9 2014, 3:35pmThanks for stepping up to all the volunteers. I cant give an answer richard whether you will be able to do first aid or not hopefully someone from the committee will be able to answer your question. To richard or gareth if either one of you are happy enough to step up and do laptop please put yourself down on the website and if jim or maike want to put yourselves down as shadow laptop operator and show the ropes before your run. I may just have enough to run this race.I'll e-mail all the volunteers with there roles for the night.
Gareth LittleJun 9 2014, 3:46pmHi Paul, that's fine if Richard wants to do FA. Thx, Gareth
Gareth ShawJun 9 2014, 3:59pmHi Paul. I've put myself down for laptop operator. Jim has emailed me the instructions etc so I'll review before Wednesday.
Brendan LawlorJun 9 2014, 4:03pmREMINDER 200 RACE LIMIT IN OPERATION

Just to remind you all that there is an NPWS imposed limit of 200 for this race so please come early
Jim FitzharrisJun 9 2014, 4:13pmPaul,

I have sent notes on laptop operation to Richard & Gareth.

I will be there early enough to help them before the race (the critical time!)

Other experienced hands will also available to lend a hand if needed I am sure.

I have put myself down as shadow laptop operator.

Cheers,

Jim.

Pól Ó MurchúJun 10 2014, 8:27amI've put myself up as Laptop Operator as I won't be running Tomorrow. I've moved you to Shadow Laptop Gareth and relieved you of your duties Jim. Appreciate your offer to assist Jim. You well do your bit of volunteering and deserve a night off without the hassle of the Laptop. Enjoy your run. Does Dermot still have laptop? Can whoever has it ensure it is fully charged before Wednesday. Thanks.
Brendan LawlorJun 10 2014, 8:36amLaptop operators - they are like buses - none for ages then along come 4 together !! Shadow laptop operators should take advantage of a master class from IMRA's laptop guru and Ultra runner extraordinaire, Pol (sorry Eoin, but I have to grovel a bit to get back in with the slacker!!)

Dermot has laptop and will have it there nice and early for Wednesday
Paul KevilleJun 10 2014, 9:00amThanks pol. Richard can you put yourself down as first aid but I may need you to give a hand before the race also as we are tight on the ground.
Maike JürgensJun 10 2014, 9:15amany of the volunteers driving from around UCDish? then i could sign up as running volunteer but dont want to commit unless i know i can get there on time. thanks
Gareth ShawJun 10 2014, 12:48pmHi Maike - I'll be driving from ucd - probably leaving around 5:15pm - you can contact me via the carpool booking form.
Alan KilbrideJun 10 2014, 3:04pmHey,

Best I can tell, here is google a google maps link to the registration... (perhaps Paul can confirm).

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Carrig+Glen/@53.1623949,-6.5098015,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x48679cf3e8f0c635:0x276cc492404551a7

Cheers,
Alan.
John CondonJun 10 2014, 4:19pmHi Alan,

That's it alright
Laura SchwirzJun 10 2014, 9:28pmI'm looking for a lift from near UCD. Is anyone by any chance driving out that way?

Thanks,
Laura
Damien McParlandJun 10 2014, 11:22pmHi Laura,

I'm leaving from Ranelagh if that's any good to you. If you can get there (or close) I can bring you.

Damien
Paul KevilleJun 11 2014, 12:13amThanks for all the volunteers who put there name forward I have enough now. All I needed to do was crack the whip a few times. There is more volunteers needed for up and coming races. I've emailed all the volunteers with a list of tasks. If anyone hasn't heard from me please contact me at paul.keville@yahoo.com
Pól Ó MurchúJun 11 2014, 10:22pmPrevisional results up. A number of additions to be added but cant cope with the wifi in Zellers.... Will get corrected later.
Brian O MurchuJun 11 2014, 10:53pmWhat a great race this one is, thanks to Paul & Co for facilitating a fantastic mountain running evening!
Paul O'ConnorJun 11 2014, 11:09pmAnother fantastic race and a real killer in the heat. The new route is definitely preferable to last years.

I'm missing from the results. My number is 2044 and I came in just after runner 1730 (Helen Dixon). Seems to be an ongoing problem with my number as I'm still missing from Glasnamullen results from 2 weeks ago. Jason Halpin (number 2049) is also missing from the results and has the same problem with Glasnamullen.

I have a few shots of the early starters which I'll upload tomorrow.
James H CahillJun 12 2014, 1:18amThank you Paul and all your assistants for a great route and race. Especially thank you to Richard for patching up my knee, stemming the blood flow and for the "field surgery" removing the stone which I had somehow inserted in my knee whilst trying a triple axle with toe loop when descending.
Pól Ó MurchúJun 12 2014, 1:20amResults corrected now. Paul your result is fixed now. Will have a look at other race times for you also. Apologies for not getting to this earlier. As always errors or missing results please mail pol.omurchu(at)imra.ie with the subject SORRELL HILL RESULTS.
Thank you,P
Pól Ó MurchúJun 12 2014, 1:29amThat's fixed now for Glasmullan Paul and Jason. Also fixed your result Paul Keville.
Brendan LawlorJun 12 2014, 7:58amWell done Paul Keville last night - great job as Race Director

Lovely to be running up and down a mountain again after several weeks of circuits.

Welcome back to Bronagh Gavigan!
John CondonJun 12 2014, 9:56amSecond that. Thanks Paul. A fantastic route and a great race.
Jason HalpinJun 12 2014, 10:00amMany thanks to you Pol for burning the midnight oil and getting the results in order!
Robert CostelloJun 12 2014, 11:10amHi folks,
Just wondering if any of ye found a watch last night? It's a Tag watch that I was wearing before the race. I took it off when changing at the back of my car before the race. It may have fallen from my back and onto the field. I parked down to the bottom left of the field. Will head out that way to check later.
Rob
Robert CostelloJun 12 2014, 11:22amPanic over! I found it buried in the back of my son's buggy in the car. It fell out of my back but luckily not into the field!

Cheers,
Rob
Paul O'ConnorJun 13 2014, 10:58amPol,

Thanks a million for fixing up the results, much appreciated!
Caitlín BentJun 13 2014, 2:33pmAnother missing item! Any chance someone found an IPOD in the field on Wednesday? We were parked close to hedge top of the field to the right of entrance gate. House and car torn apart in the search.
Mary NolanJun 29 2014, 2:45pmHi,
I volunteered at this event. I did speak to the race director and haven't been recorded as a volunteer.
Pól Ó MurchúJul 8 2014, 12:04amdone now Mary.